HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: i can see why wee always win NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 30, 2012 05:28 AM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 30 Jun 2012 13:30
i can see why wee always win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZufBF8ipFc&feature=g-vrec

IF I WAS IN THAT VID i think i'd have to hurt the camera person ..

i don't think i've ever had a .500 tree .. even when cross talk fukks me up

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 30, 2012 05:42 AM        
and i'm sure this mudder is dead by now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsKlsABsEL8&feature=related suxs to be stupid

Ignore this member   
hagrid

Expert Class
posted June 30, 2012 05:49 AM        
Maybe if that fella would stop poundind the throttle when hes staging he could focus on RT.

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted June 30, 2012 06:09 AM        
quote:
Maybe if that fella would stop poundind the throttle when hes staging he could focus on RT.

I don't think he was worried about rt. I've never seen a turbo bike with a 2 step. I find that hard to do bc turbo. Ike's are tricky to launch.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 30, 2012 06:41 AM        
quote:
quote:

I don't think he was worried about rt. I've never seen a turbo bike with a 2 step. I find that hard to do bc turbo. Ike's are tricky to launch.

my busa has a 2 step now ... don't know if i'm gonna use it but its there

Ignore this member   
KZScott

Needs a life
high on speed
posted June 30, 2012 07:12 AM        Edited By: KZScott on 30 Jun 2012 15:13
my 12 has a 2 step, talk about super spool the turbo :O
00 ZX-12R street turbo 1: 227.9 1.5: 234.1 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R LSR turbo 1: 263.1 1.5: 266.5 Loring AFB Worlds fastest ZX-12R
CMG Racing RCC Turbos

Ignore this member   
RICH CRAFT 1

Zone Head
posted June 30, 2012 10:03 AM        
bad, a two-step is the only way to go with a Turbo. If you set the RPMs at 4000 then open the throttle wide open it will build boost like crazy. More than you need, I assume you adjust the boost by how much you open the throttle.

You need to bring that Turbo busa up here and find out what a stock ZX14 runs like with a little gas on it. not trying to embarrass you, but it is what it is. LOL

Ken

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 30, 2012 12:10 PM        
quote:

You need to bring that Turbo busa up here and find out what a stock ZX14 runs like with a little gas on it. not trying to embarrass you, but it is what it is. LOL

Ken

i'm coming to bust that ass wit my streetbike

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 30, 2012 12:17 PM        
quote:
quote:

Ken

you were 30 miles away from Dallas Raceway last weekend with that turbie.

wee

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 30, 2012 12:23 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ken

you were 30 miles away from Dallas Raceway last weekend with that turbie.

wee

i pick my time ...

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted June 30, 2012 12:44 PM        
quote:
bad, a two-step is the only way to go with a Turbo. If you set the RPMs at 4000 then open the throttle wide open it will build boost like crazy. More than you need, I assume you adjust the boost by how much you open the throttle.

Ken

I was thinking with the two step it would just fall on its face unless the two step was set ate high rpm...

Ignore this member   
RICH CRAFT 1

Zone Head
posted June 30, 2012 01:09 PM        Edited By: RICH CRAFT 1 on 30 Jun 2012 21:18
quote:
quote:

Ken

I was thinking with the two step it would just fall on its face unless the two step was set ate high rpm...

actually what the Turbo wants is for you to open the front door and let the air in LOL somewhat like when you're doing a cranking compression. If you open the throttle wide open. It will crank about 10 or 15 pounds more. the old-school guys would rack the throttle back and forth to build the boost up, when the two-step come along. It allowed the turbo guys to open the throttle up and build boost without all the back-and-forth RPMs. I've never had a turbo, but a friend of mine showed me one night at the starting line. The two-step was own about three or 4000 as he opened the throttle up. The boost gauge went to about 10 or 12 pounds of boost. When you let the clutch out on that, all kinds of stuff will start happening. LOL

Ken

Ignore this member   
kawasakijockey

Pro
posted June 30, 2012 01:47 PM        
The turbo has to work off of engine load to make enough exhaust pressure and volume to turn the turbo's rotating assembly with enough force to build intake pressure. The only thing I can see with a two step would be a jump start on throttle position, unless some of what seems to be exhaust ignitions are spooling the turbo up(that pop in the pipe). All of this would depend on turbo size, controller setup, etc, to work right. The old way of throttle pumping was necessary to keep the bigger turbos at "ready rpm" to start boost. There was a lot of lag time in the turbo systems back then. I have seen T. Kizer run world record passes on test and tune nights in Houston back in the late 80's with only a handful of people watching him, a 7.01 at 188mph was witnessed by me on his old GS. He would beat that throttle like a prison punk..
9.03 @ 149mph
8.95 @153 small shot n2o
8.68 @160mph 5lbs boost

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 30, 2012 02:17 PM        
quote:
The boost gauge went to about 10 or 12 pounds of boost. When you let the clutch out on that, all kinds of stuff will start happening. LOL

Ken

scary shit

Ignore this member   
01smokes

Needs a job
posted June 30, 2012 04:33 PM        
quote:
quote:
The boost gauge went to about 10 or 12 pounds of boost. When you let the clutch out on that, all kinds of stuff will start happening. LOL

Ken

scary shit

Remember mighty mouse...

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
KZScott

Needs a life
high on speed
posted June 30, 2012 06:09 PM        
quote:
The turbo has to work off of engine load to make enough exhaust pressure and volume to turn the turbo's rotating assembly with enough force to build intake pressure. The only thing I can see with a two step would be a jump start on throttle position, unless some of what seems to be exhaust ignitions are spooling the turbo up(that pop in the pipe). All of this would depend on turbo size, controller setup, etc, to work right. The old way of throttle pumping was necessary to keep the bigger turbos at "ready rpm" to start boost. There was a lot of lag time in the turbo systems back then. I have seen T. Kizer run world record passes on test and tune nights in Houston back in the late 80's with only a handful of people watching him, a 7.01 at 188mph was witnessed by me on his old GS. He would beat that throttle like a prison punk..

putting a turbo on a 2 step works. period. i have first hand expirience with 3 bikes. you can rev a motor to 10k and build a few psi, or rev it to half that on a 2 step and build 2-3 times as much boost. it works great!
00 ZX-12R street turbo 1: 227.9 1.5: 234.1 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R LSR turbo 1: 263.1 1.5: 266.5 Loring AFB Worlds fastest ZX-12R
CMG Racing RCC Turbos

Ignore this member   
madnessracing

Pro
Vmax and Busa Beater
posted June 30, 2012 06:56 PM        
Always crying!! SMH.............

Ignore this member   
kawasakijockey

Pro
posted June 30, 2012 06:59 PM        
quote:
quote:

putting a turbo on a 2 step works. period. i have first hand expirience with 3 bikes. you can rev a motor to 10k and build a few psi, or rev it to half that on a 2 step and build 2-3 times as much boost. it works great!
Ken is right, the throttle blades are open and that means when the mixture does fire it is a pretty healthy bang for the turbine wheel.
9.03 @ 149mph
8.95 @153 small shot n2o
8.68 @160mph 5lbs boost

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 30, 2012 07:35 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ken is right, the throttle blades are open and that means when the mixture does fire it is a pretty healthy bang for the turbine wheel.

you try it 1st

Ignore this member   
kawasakijockey

Pro
posted June 30, 2012 07:41 PM        
Not me buddy..
9.03 @ 149mph
8.95 @153 small shot n2o
8.68 @160mph 5lbs boost

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 30, 2012 07:44 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 1 Jul 2012 03:45
the way i figure ..why do the nitrous guys ramp into the hit .. why not leave on a 2 step and full hit.. my boosted bikes with small turbo's are like an on/off switch

Ignore this member   
kawasakijockey

Pro
posted July 01, 2012 04:39 AM        
A little info on 2step and turbo launching.http://tunertools.com/articles/Launch-Control-101.asp
9.03 @ 149mph
8.95 @153 small shot n2o
8.68 @160mph 5lbs boost

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted July 01, 2012 04:57 AM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 1 Jul 2012 12:59
quote:
A little info on 2step and turbo launching.http://tunertools.com/articles/Launch-Control-101.asp

it may work for cars with a roll cage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9CFJcg2ccE

but this what happens to turbo bike leaving WOT with no boost controller http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2O-t0dqBmQ

Ignore this member   
Bad in Black

Expert Class
posted July 01, 2012 05:31 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ken

actually what the Turbo wants is for you to open the front door and let the air in LOL somewhat like when you're doing a cranking compression. If you open the throttle wide open. It will crank about 10 or 15 pounds more. the old-school guys would rack the throttle back and forth to build the boost up, when the two-step come along. It allowed the turbo guys to open the throttle up and build boost without all the back-and-forth RPMs. I've never had a turbo, but a friend of mine showed me one night at the starting line. The two-step was own about three or 4000 as he opened the throttle up. The boost gauge went to about 10 or 12 pounds of boost. When you let the clutch out on that, all kinds of stuff will start happening. LOL

Ken
I can't imagine trying to launch a turbo bike like that

Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 01, 2012 08:47 AM        
A 2 step over time would bend the throttle blades in my Gen 1 Busa. You know when it starts to sound like its running on two cyclinders when idling they are bent. It will build boost and you will leave the line hard. If it's a streetbike I would not recomend it without getting some HD throttle plates. (I never did) also the airshift backfire will bend them also under boost. Not a big deal on a track bike but when you want your smooth idle streetbike with bent blades it will idle like a garbage truck. and you can't sync it out either.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: i can see why wee always win NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21581387519836 seconds processing time