HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: secondary throttle plates removal? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
burton

Novice Class
posted June 28, 2012 06:58 AM        
secondary throttle plates removal?

i have a 2012 zx14r,blue in color,my question is if i remove the throttle plates will i notice any deference in performance anywhere in the power band? on brocks website they lost about 2 hp at the top end. my bike has had the front fork tubes slid up about 3/4 of a inch, also has adjustable lowering links on the rear, muzzy 4 into one exhaust ,pcv with a custom map. any help would sure be appreciated. thanks little Burt

Ignore this member   
toledoUPSguy

Expert Class
An old guy with a new toy
posted June 28, 2012 08:08 AM        
I've got a question on this too. On brock's site it shows a big lean area on the dyno with the flies removed till remapped. But if I remember reading correctly Smokin ran his with the flies removed without being remapped and had no issues.

my bike has the stock pipe and mufflers for now. trying not to tick the wife too much with a boat load of extras since she isn't too please with the bike purchase in the first place but she does know it will be on the track next year. with the stock mufflers can i yank the flies without adding a powercommander?

Ignore this member   
chromedout12r

Expert Class
posted June 28, 2012 01:58 PM        
I beleive with the new ECU reflash there is no need to remove the flies
  Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted June 28, 2012 02:09 PM        
quote:
I've got a question on this too. On brock's site it shows a big lean area on the dyno with the flies removed till remapped. But if I remember reading correctly Smokin ran his with the flies removed without being remapped and had no issues.

my bike has the stock pipe and mufflers for now. trying not to tick the wife too much with a boat load of extras since she isn't too please with the bike purchase in the first place but she does know it will be on the track next year. with the stock mufflers can i yank the flies without adding a powercommander?

I wouldn't the bike runs to damn good with your stock exhaust and flies in to do that IMO.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: secondary throttle plates removal? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.39543104171753 seconds processing time