HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: protection for the side of the tank NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
toledoUPSguy

Expert Class
An old guy with a new toy
posted June 27, 2012 03:04 AM        
protection for the side of the tank

someone mentioned tank slapper in a different thread but I cannot find them anywhere. Seems like their domain name is up for sale. I am a way to picky anal type and I'm already having flash backs to all the effort it takes to keep black looking great.

Any ideas to keep the sides of the tank looking new? Are there any carbon fiber protectors for the sides of the tank?

Ignore this member   
lietoome

Needs a job
posted June 27, 2012 03:37 AM        
try this http://www.mag-knight.com/products.htm
  Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 27, 2012 03:55 AM        Edited By: Wheelie on 27 Jun 2012 10:59
I don't think tank slapper domain is for sale.

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

wee

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted June 27, 2012 04:30 AM        
I have been searching for something also, but not a fan of the products I have seen. Personally I would like something that will match the factory tank pad or something like stomp grip that I used on my other bike.

Ignore this member   
davesxx01

Novice Class
posted June 27, 2012 10:00 AM        
Why not just use the Kawasaki knee pads from their accessory catalog?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-ZZR1400-2012-Genuine-Kawasaki-Knee-pad-set-/290702353805

http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/Accessory/Details/34090846FF9?model=ZZR1400&modelYear=2012

Oh ya,,,,, Kawasaki USA has not mad them available here yet,,,,, nor have they released anything but the rear grab bar.

Thumbs down!

Ignore this member   
toledoUPSguy

Expert Class
posted June 27, 2012 10:47 AM        
Thanks for the replies. Thanks for the direct link Wheelie, i kept getting a domain name for sale website. Why in the heck doesn't K'USA have any of those here. Do a search on that part# and every location around the world comes up but the USA?

Since I love all things CF those mag-knight cf look a like sheets might do the trick.

Thanks for the links

Ignore this member   
davesxx01

Novice Class
posted June 27, 2012 11:11 AM        
quote:
Thanks for the replies. Why in the heck doesn't K'USA have any of those here. Do a search on that part# and every location around the world comes up but the USA?

Exactly my complaint also!

Ignore this member   
rod442

Novice Class
posted June 27, 2012 11:08 PM        
wishing now I had done the 3m film for the whole bike.. I dropped my flashlight out of my tank bag (wasn't zipped all the way when I picked it up). This was when the bike was 4 days old. Chipped it on the side. Small, but I know its there.

I have it on my Saab 92x (wrx), and its held up great. Saved a lot of rock chips. the subaru paint on that car is very poor. chips just looking at it, almost.

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted June 28, 2012 07:42 PM        
I ordered the Kawasaki brand knee pads... like $60 because I had to order them from overseas.... It's kind of dumb they are not available to the USA dealers...

Ignore this member   
davesxx01

Novice Class
posted June 28, 2012 10:08 PM        
Pics when you get them please!!

Ignore this member   
toledoUPSguy

Expert Class
posted July 22, 2012 02:09 PM        
Seno, did you get them yet?

Ignore this member   
blue07

Expert Class
posted July 22, 2012 03:31 PM        
Techspec makes a good diamond rubber set...you CAN cut them to shape if you want...OR...order the ones for the 14.They look good...nice and grippy...black...snakeskin or diamond...or...there's another one...IDK what it's called right off hand.But the diamond cut one(s) work very well.I tried some of those 'clear' pads...I think they were called...tanktracks or something...they weren't 'clear' at all(like they showed on their site) once you put em on the tank...they were like this cloudy opaque color...not cool.Ditched em fast!!!!They did look cheezy!
  Ignore this member   
blue07

Expert Class
posted July 22, 2012 03:36 PM        Edited By: blue07 on 22 Jul 2012 22:39
That film stuff is a BIG PAIN...IMO.Got some for the headlamps...FU#$!What a waste!Shit wouldn't even conform to that simple arc.....cut exactly in the shape of the lenses.But a few small pieces worked fine for the front of the axle area there where the pinch bolts are at...that painted part...and...the upper fork tubes under the frontend there.No nicks or rock gouges yet!

It was the 3mil.Anything less...I don't think it's gonna stop pebbles from nickin the plastic(s).Lots of pebbles around hereLOL!!!!At 130....well....you know.

Ignore this member   
BenzTech

Expert Class
Dirty Jersey
posted July 22, 2012 05:45 PM        
I have the 3M tankslapper film on my tank. Its the 5 piece tank protection kit. I agree its tricky the first time trying to install it. Took me 2 kits to get it right but I didnt pay full price for the 2nd kit. The tankslapper company has great customer service even after I admitted fault with the 1st attempt.

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted July 22, 2012 06:05 PM        
Don't waste your money on the Kawasaki knee pads, costed about $60 after shipping.... Had to order them from out of the USA and they are cheaply made.... look ok, but not really functional. I forgot to post pics after I got them & installed them.... will post pics tomorrow, fit & finish is descent but they could have made a much better product.

Ignore this member   
toledoUPSguy

Expert Class
posted July 22, 2012 06:33 PM        
thanks for the update, looking forward to see how they look.

Ignore this member   
ZX14MAN

Parking Attendant
posted January 17, 2013 05:15 PM        

I like the look of these; sharp as hell.

But you can only get em in the UK, from what I've read.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: protection for the side of the tank NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.908056020737 seconds processing time