HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brock's in Afghanistan NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
88mmrocket

Parking Attendant
...waiting to get home
posted June 25, 2012 08:39 AM        
Brock's in Afghanistan

There was some "Stupid Fast" goodies spotted and just happened to get caught on camera! One of my Flight Medics, Ricky, sent a email to Steve thanking the Brock's Team for what they do.......making fast bikes stupid fast and posting up videos on how to do it! It helps pass the time over here and gives us something else to look forward to when we get back.....burning up the roads and tracks!

Steve was kind enough to send us a few shirts, hats and stickers just for the heck of it. We really appreciate that Steve! It is nice to know that there are still companies out there that care about their customers and future customers, even those down range. You guys will be getting something in the mail from us! Again, we appreciate the time and effort that goes into all the R&D and most importantly, putting it on video for the rest of us!

Ricky just sold his '07 Gixxer 1k and picked up a "07 Busa that has a Alien head and PC3 on it with a slew of other goodies. He was a corner carver before so hanging around with me he has seen the light of the adrenaline rush of brute horsepower! He has yet to ride it but my father picked it up for him and it is home waiting in the garage for him! This year can't go by fast enough but we only have about 3.5 weeks left!!

I recently ordered a Black '12 ZX14R and pile of goodies that is sitting at the dealer that I purchased the bike from. The bike is still in the crate but will go together once I call and tell them I am a few weeks out! I am pretty excited as I am making the switch from starting on a Harley then lastly owning a 9.5' long American Iron Horse Chopper! I have always been a drag racer so it is time I made the change and my wife is pretty excited! Going on the bike is a AH2 (black), PC5 with street map, window links for the rear, 6" extension blocks and Zero Gravity wind screen....so far! That will hold me off as I already know I will need a new chain, maybe a tune, clutch mod, and get a air shifter for it. This bike will get the wheels ridden off of it that is for sure! I had my chopper for 3.5yrs and only put 2100 miles on it and that will not happen to this bike!

As I said neither of us can wait to get back that is for sure! Again, Thanks to the whole Brock's Crew!

Me on the left with Ricky on the right of this one. We fly MEDEVAC over here out of Ft. Bragg, NC. This is the Army's latest and greatest HH60-M Blackhawk. We are the FIRST unit to bring it into this theater so we are the "test" group for it and the future of the platform. It has performed great but we did however have to make a TON of mods to it to make it work....mainly weight reduction. We all already know how weight affects performance and with stupid high temps (130+*) and high altitudes we did what we had to.

Me on the right of this one

Thanks again!!

Ken

Ignore this member   
Ninjawarrior1244

Expert Class
posted June 25, 2012 11:25 AM        
Ken,

You are going to love your 14r with the Brock pipe..I put the CT Dual Titanium on mine, with his street map...212 HP at the wheel....no high performance air cleaner is available yet. This bike pulls like a freight train.....cruises easily at 130 feels like you are standing still..

Steady as you go on your collective there.....drive safe...

Ninjawarrior

Ignore this member   
88mmrocket

Parking Attendant
...waiting to get home
posted June 25, 2012 12:24 PM        
always Ninja!! I always preach "slow is smooth, and smooth is fast." I think that after 11 months they are starting to understand what I mean. We ( our Brigade) have lost 4 aircraft in the last month over here so I have really been trying to beat the "complacency" bug out of them..

Ignore this member   
oldkawboy

Needs a job
posted June 25, 2012 05:23 PM        
Thanks for the great post 88.......

As an Army vet (101st Airborne/Air Mobile) and fan of Brocks Performance, I'm glad to read something like this.

You guys fly safe until you get home to ride safe.

Dan

Ignore this member   
Rich

Expert Class
Just havin' fun!!
posted June 25, 2012 05:41 PM        
Nice pics Ken. I know you're ready to get back and see the new bike. My new to me 07 got delivered to my garage in April and I got back in June. My wife and daughters would go out and start it a bit while we were on Skype just so I'd believe it was actually there. One of my daughters of course burnt her leg on the pipe. I had to take it for a spin around the block about midnight when I first got home.
Be safe.

Rich

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rich's homepage. 
88mmrocket

Parking Attendant
...waiting to get home
posted June 25, 2012 08:15 PM        
thanks Dan and Rich!

Rich, I will shoot you a email when i get back and we will have to get together and ride, maybe go to the track!

Ken

Ignore this member   
KoflaOlivieri

Expert Class
posted June 25, 2012 08:22 PM        
Nice post! Thanks for sharing the pics! 3.5 more weeks to go, be safe out there! Have fun with your new toy when you get home!
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000
1975 Kawasaki Z1 900
1974 Kawasaki H2 750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750

Ignore this member    Click here to visit KoflaOlivieri's homepage. 
yzfone

Novice Class
posted August 03, 2012 08:29 PM        
Ken,

Glad to hear your tour is almost over. Congratulations on the new bike, much more fun then a chopper.
How was the mustang running when you left?

Terry

Ignore this member   
FalldownPhil

Novice Class
CURMUDGEON
posted August 03, 2012 09:22 PM        
Ken, My sincere and heart felt thanks to you and Ricky for your service.
You Rock and so does Brock's. I too have a '12 ZX14R with an AH2 and PCV. You are going to be very, very happy. It may take a while to get the grin off your face. Stay strong and come back safe.

Phil

Ignore this member   
88mmrocket

Parking Attendant
...waiting to get home
posted August 11, 2012 11:09 AM        
Terry! Long time buddy! How the hell have you been?

I got back late on Sunday night and it feels great to be home. What I can't get over is all the friggin rain! I haven't seen rain in a year and it has been pouring everyday here!

Well, I picked up my bike yesterday from Sport Cycles in Rockingham....I couldn't be happier! This thing is a beast! Everything about it is amazing! To be honest, this is the first ZX14R I have ever seen in person too! It had exactly ZERO miles on it and now it has about 76miles on it from the ride home, so that was a nice ride for a first one on this bike. The bike is ridiculously comfortable for a sport bike. My Iron Horse had air ride on it and I thought that ride would never be beat, was I wrong!

I will post some pics up later after I wash it...I live down a dirt road!

Ken

Ignore this member   
Rich

Expert Class
Just havin' fun!!
posted August 11, 2012 07:56 PM        
I hate when I have to ride on a dirt road.

Welcome back Ken. I may meet up with a few guys Sunday evening about 5 at Indigo Powersports just outside the Pope gate by the Swamp. Give a call or text if you feel like riding a bit. I may go earlier in the day too. We'll see.
270 312 9316

Rich

You need to change your profile now. But that's a good thing.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rich's homepage. 
Brock

Sponsor
posted August 16, 2012 12:14 PM        Edited By: Brock on 16 Aug 2012 19:25
Ken,

Thank you very much for your service to our country. We can’t do what we do, if you don’t do what you do. My staff and I truly appreciate the thought and effort you and Ricky placed behind the items you sent to us.
We proudly placed them in our entryway for all to see, along with another certificate we rec’d from a mission in 2009: Brock's Performance: T-shirt Brigade

Glad you made it home ok. Ride safe, and let me (personally) know if you need anything.

Sincerely,

Brock
Bmail@BrocksPerformance.com

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Brock's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brock\'s in Afghanistan NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.622018814087 seconds processing time