HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: why are some many zx14r owner selling their Bikes? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted June 24, 2012 09:13 PM        
why are some many zx14r owner selling their Bikes?

I see one listed in nearly every classified I look in.
Or maybe that is the way the Zx14r is calling my name, telling me I should own one..... I don't Know?

Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Zone Head
Old Drag Racer
posted June 24, 2012 09:26 PM        
But I haven't seen a really cheap one listed for sale yet. Has anyone seen a used one cheap yet? Like less than $10K?
2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for a 1985 GS1150E

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted June 24, 2012 09:40 PM        
no, but they well come back to reality with there asking price after they make about 3 to4 more payments for something they don't want.
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted June 24, 2012 09:56 PM        
Probably because they got caught up in the hype and spent a little too much $$$$$ or got in over their head with the payments. I can tell you Blk, if you decide to buy one you will be grinning. They are monsters.

Ignore this member   
lietoome

Needs a job
posted June 24, 2012 10:54 PM        
I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered...insurance is a killer in the states.

I know a lot of folks figure out the payment plus the insurance are a real ass kicker.
I've only seen one go for a good price, it was still expensive, but it was modded with low mileage.

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Zone Head
Old Drag Racer
posted June 24, 2012 11:33 PM        Edited By: smokinstorm on 25 Jun 2012 07:35
quote:
I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered...insurance is a killer in the states.

I know a lot of folks figure out the payment plus the insurance are a real ass kicker.
I've only seen one go for a good price, it was still expensive, but it was modded with low mileage.

Please share with us more details if you don't mind. Asking price??? Mods??? Thanks. Everyone keeps telling me there will be such a difference between the 09 that I have and the 14r that I won't belive the difference. So I just keep this stored away and am constantly looking and considering. Even those that know exactly how fast mine old school version is tell me the same thing. So I've got to keep an open mind.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
88mmrocket

Parking Attendant
...waiting to get home
posted June 25, 2012 12:20 AM        
there was one on ebay the other day for a ridiculously cheap price. It was a blue '12 14R that the guy was selling for $11k. It only had a few thousand miles on it also......I will try to find the link. He was getting rid of it because he bought a Harley.
  Ignore this member   
Viper

Expert Class
posted June 25, 2012 05:52 AM        Edited By: Viper on 25 Jun 2012 13:53
quote:
quote:

Please share with us more details if you don't mind. Asking price??? Mods??? Thanks. Everyone keeps telling me there will be such a difference between the 09 that I have and the 14r that I won't belive the difference. So I just keep this stored away and am constantly looking and considering. Even those that know exactly how fast mine old school version is tell me the same thing. So I've got to keep an open mind.

Just think about it, I had Rickey Grayson (150lbs) ride mine and he only 60ft a 1.38 and ran 5.53 @132 with only his 3rd pass on my bike and he felt he could've went faster. Now if I put into it what u have on your 09 just imagine what it would do. And my normal 220lb rider with the same 60 ran a 5.63 @ 126

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted June 25, 2012 06:04 AM        
I don't think they are selling because of performance issues. I think some guys like them until the first payment starts.
  Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
posted June 25, 2012 06:06 AM        
What i don't understand is the guys asking 14,700 or 15,000 for a used one. 200 or 2000 miles it's still used and a 11,000 bike IMO even with an exhaust.
  Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted June 25, 2012 06:19 AM        
I'll sell you mine 20K lol .....Hell i'll even ride it for you ..

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
posted June 25, 2012 06:20 AM        
quote:
I'll sell you mine 20K lol .....Hell i'll even ride it for you ..

If you get 20k for yours, I will let mine go for 15k

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted June 25, 2012 06:42 AM        
Have noticed the same thing and I know there is no way I would get rid of mine... Love it. But then again if I couldn't put food on the table, was in debt, or didn't have a pot to piss in... Mine would possibly have to go, but its paid for so no worries.

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Zone Head
Old Drag Racer
posted June 25, 2012 07:03 AM        
quote:
I don't think they are selling because of performance issues. I think some guys like them until the first payment starts.

I think we have a winner here. I know I financed my 09 but made sure the monthly payment wouldn't interfere in any way with normal life.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 25, 2012 07:43 AM        
quote:
But I haven't seen a really cheap one listed for sale yet. Has anyone seen a used one cheap yet? Like less than $10K?

there was 1 in new orleans 13k with 2k miles a brocks CT pipe ,pcv, a arm or extentions ,auto shiftbox, shifter, and some other regular dragrace goodies

Ignore this member   
madnessracing

Pro
Vmax and Busa Beater
posted June 25, 2012 09:10 AM        
Kawasaki is selling the new 14Rs like pancakes, hell its even hard to find a green one and from what I heard Kawasaki dont have green or black 14r left.

Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted June 25, 2012 02:12 PM        
Hype wears off, insurance and payments don't.
  Ignore this member   
lietoome

Needs a job
posted June 25, 2012 11:30 PM        Edited By: lietoome on 26 Jun 2012 07:31
quote:
Hype wears off, insurance and payments don't.
lol

the good thing about the hype is that its all true. The 2013's will get BNG's!!!

Ignore this member   
Bad in Black

Expert Class
posted June 26, 2012 09:56 AM        Edited By: Bad in Black on 26 Jun 2012 18:01
quote:
Yep they're just too expensive new, you can buy a very sweet used turbo bike that will blow a new 14R into the weeds for less. I rode one and its a nice bike, better than my boosted 14 in suspension and gauges, except its way slower A little suspension modding on my 14 and the diff would be nil imo. I may pick a used one up in a few years when the prices actually become reasonable.

Ignore this member   
ZX14Mike

Zone Head
posted June 26, 2012 01:49 PM        
quote:

When you supposed to get it Jeff?................are you in OK?

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Zone Head
Old Drag Racer
posted June 26, 2012 06:53 PM        
quote:
quote:
Yep they're just too expensive new, you can buy a very sweet used turbo bike that will blow a new 14R into the weeds for less. I rode one and its a nice bike, better than my boosted 14 in suspension and gauges, except its way slower A little suspension modding on my 14 and the diff would be nil imo. I may pick a used one up in a few years when the prices actually become reasonable.

The is exactly my thinking as well. Just bought a perfect example of a turbo 14 also from a member here for a song. Like $5K less than a 14r. And it's a tad more powerful.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted July 22, 2012 06:00 AM        
quote:
I see one listed in nearly every classified I look in.
Or maybe that is the way the Zx14r is calling my name, telling me I should own one..... I don't Know?

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/3154434491.html knock knock

Ignore this member   
blue07

Expert Class
posted July 22, 2012 07:55 AM        Edited By: blue07 on 22 Jul 2012 15:58
Money....yup.
  Ignore this member   
CraZX14

Expert Class
posted July 22, 2012 08:21 AM        
quote:
Kawasaki is selling the new 14Rs like pancakes, hell its even hard to find a green one and from what I heard Kawasaki dont have green or black 14r left.

I got a green one, Shorty - with just over 1K miles...broken in perfect, and for anyone who does NOT drag race, I'm getting closer and closer to making some lucky sob one helluva deal....

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted July 22, 2012 08:23 AM        
My bike is $233 a month. I am keeping it.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: why are some many zx14r owner selling their Bikes? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22079992294312 seconds processing time