HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: -14R Observation....- NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted June 27, 2012 10:31 AM        Edited By: BLK ICE on 27 Jun 2012 19:11
quote:
Someone please tell me what stock headed (head not removed from motor) stock head gasket gen 1 14 runs 5.50s to 5.60s. Everybody wants to talk about mr12, yes it does work but u also have people with the 14r running just as fast if not faster on true pump gas not race fuel. Just because the can says 87 doesn't make it pump gas it is still race fuel its leaded and oxygenated. So if 5.40s on 89 pump gas doesn't show a 25-35 hp increase over a gen 1 14. Also you don't have to remove the motor to take the head off the bike. But your internals of your motor will still be stock.

Mine, I only removed the head to adjust the valves( as directed by the zx14 owners manual) and I installed heavy valve springs ( for nitrous) which would slow the bike down if anything.

I DIDN'T move cams, put in a thin gasket, or machine anything!

I made a point not to change anything as my bike was running great(same e/t) before the vavle adjustment.

As to 5.50-5.60s, my bike runs 5.50s spinning off the line, as my shock is too stiff for my 160lb rider. It runs 5.60s on a rich nitrous map (n/a).

It is not just my bike,
look @ Elispse's best times on his untouched 08 zx14 @ 200+ pounds @ about 66"wb
look @ Wee's best time on his untouched first gen monster zx14 @ OVER 200LBS.
And others...
Their bikes could do the same thing as mine with a lite (160lb<) rider.

I have no reason to lie to you.
I have reasons not to post this as a lot of people "THINK" first gen 14s only run 5.80s and high 5.70s...

As to 25-35 more horse power, If my bike had that added power, I would not be happy with anything more than low to mid 5.30s.

Sincerely,
BlackIce
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 27, 2012 10:34 AM        Edited By: Shane661 on 27 Jun 2012 18:36
quote:
ive had enoough of this bs. if you guys cant simply answer the question at hand with a simple answer as to convince a potiental buyer what this thing will run then screw it. To me it just sounds like if we did the same 4 mil stroke, increased compression to match, and cams we will just walk all over your ass. And apparenlty we will be considered still a "built" motor as stated now. So I am now sold on what the best option is. TY for your input as now I see no need to waste the money on that bike.

I would say that a $1200 weld up crank, $1200 cams, aftermarket 2 ring pistons, valve springs, etc...yeah that is considered a built gen 1 to most.

Doesn't have much to do with the 14R, though.

Shane

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 27, 2012 11:49 AM        
quote:

My statement was about 1397 genI busa hp vs 1441 genII 14 hp. Sorry but no one can debate those numbers either thier public records now.

can you show us those numbers.. i know of a 1397 owned by a 03sgbusa guy that had a lite weight rider that hit a 1.24 60ft or so and ran a 5.30something at SAR in the heat not to long ago... but thats about all i know ..i seen a few post floating around.. he said he ran a 5.50 something at 180lbs or around that himself on it.. they come a long ways since they started that project ...

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 27, 2012 12:25 PM        Edited By: Bueller on 27 Jun 2012 20:27
I will simply repost the original question since everyone wants to jump ahead and think I am trying to talk down on the "all mighty" 14r. I was simply wanting some info (real best 1/8 numbers) on this setup as to consider this as a possible platform for a bike I am wanting to do. I am wanting to do an all motor street bike that will do a "certain" number and tryin to get some valid input from owners to see where this thing is at with those mods. """if """ you feel your 14r is not performing to the desired numbers I am asking then I am sorry. I cant help what ya got, but I am not implying that it is a lesser bike for not performing to the godly expectations that all imply. I merely stated that if it is not more than .10 faster in the 1/8 than our (godly built motor) with head work, then I didnt see it as worth the upgrade. All I ask is you spend 5 mins and actually read what I was asking from the start in page 2. I am merely doing my homework vs jumping on the bandwagon. nothing more, nothing less.......

quote:
Can someone put an arm, shifter, air filter, exhaust, and pc tuned to mr12 so i can say if i like it or not. I looking for something in the 5.39 or better on hand in the 1/8 with only those mods. I am not calling anyone out, or tryin to talk crap. I just want everyone to keep an eye out to see if its done or possible.

I like the sounds of the info that has come out on this bike. for it to have more stroke, compression, cams, lighter wheels Im looking for something around that number to justify the $ for a new one. This has to be with only those mods, fully street legal, and trip rideable. I understand if ya dont want numbers out there, so ya can just PM. Id be willing to make the trip out to see in person (within reason) just so I can show my wife so she wouldnt kill me for wasting the money lol.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 27, 2012 12:41 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 27 Jun 2012 20:43
quote:
jumping on the bandwagon. .......

good luck .. cause if your not on the bandwagon .. your a troll around here... or a moron. or a dumbass or a hater. get talk down to.. or get the ignored button!!!!!!

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 27, 2012 12:50 PM        
Since Lee has already been 5.42 on pump, in not the best air, and with questionable track prep....well, it would seem that there is no doubt that the bike will go 5.30's on MR12.

Is that what you are asking??

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted June 27, 2012 12:54 PM        
quote:
quote:

My statement was about 1397 genI busa hp vs 1441 genII 14 hp. Sorry but no one can debate those numbers either thier public records now.

can you show us those numbers.. i know of a 1397 owned by a 03sgbusa guy that had a lite weight rider that hit a 1.24 60ft or so and ran a 5.30something at SAR in the heat not to long ago... but thats about all i know ..i seen a few post floating around.. he said he ran a 5.50 something at 180lbs or around that himself on it.. they come a long ways since they started that project ...

Ya with a rocksolid clutch and cut seat rails and race gas but you always want apples to apples when anyone else post numbers. put a stock clutch back in and watch the numbers. seems like a grudge bike to me.

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted June 27, 2012 12:56 PM        
quote:
Since Lee has already been 5.42 on pump, in not the best air, and with questionable track prep....well, it would seem that there is no doubt that the bike will go 5.30's on MR12.

I thought it was and it has been answered a few times. but guess not. and Lee will go those 5.30's on shell 89 not MR12.

Ignore this member   
Famous1

Expert Class
posted June 27, 2012 01:11 PM        
quote:
I will simply repost the original question since everyone wants to jump ahead and think I am trying to talk down on the "all mighty" 14r. I was simply wanting some info (real best 1/8 numbers) on this setup as to consider this as a possible platform for a bike I am wanting to do. I am wanting to do an all motor street bike that will do a "certain" number and tryin to get some valid input from owners to see where this thing is at with those mods. """if """ you feel your 14r is not performing to the desired numbers I am asking then I am sorry. I cant help what ya got, but I am not implying that it is a lesser bike for not performing to the godly expectations that all imply. I merely stated that if it is not more than .10 faster in the 1/8 than our (godly built motor) with head work, then I didnt see it as worth the upgrade. All I ask is you spend 5 mins and actually read what I was asking from the start in page 2. I am merely doing my homework vs jumping on the bandwagon. nothing more, nothing less.......

quote:
Can someone put an arm, shifter, air filter, exhaust, and pc tuned to mr12 so i can say if i like it or not. I looking for something in the 5.39 or better on hand in the 1/8 with only those mods. I am not calling anyone out, or tryin to talk crap. I just want everyone to keep an eye out to see if its done or possible.

I like the sounds of the info that has come out on this bike. for it to have more stroke, compression, cams, lighter wheels Im looking for something around that number to justify the $ for a new one. This has to be with only those mods, fully street legal, and trip rideable. I understand if ya dont want numbers out there, so ya can just PM. Id be willing to make the trip out to see in person (within reason) just so I can show my wife so she

wouldnt kill me for wasting the money lol.

Right after you posted..... Dakota posted something about smokins bike.....

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 27, 2012 01:11 PM        
quote:

yes, and is all I was asking. the rest came from everyone blowing this way out of proportion. I dont follow peoples times, and just asking.

However now i do understand there were other certain mods done to also get that number. That is now also being taken into consideration. Now i am wondering what number we would run if we had lighter wheels with ceramic bearings, a valved shock, autoshift, and tuned for mr12. This is now on the bucket list to get an actual comparrison. the only thing we have done to cut weight is the battery, and removed front rotor. however the caliper is still there (waiting on friend to make me a purdy spacer lol) I had removed the orings, rear brakes, and one front at same time and after a number of days testing it only gained .5 mph and .05 so is was returned to the way it was

Ignore this member   
ZX14Mike

Zone Head
posted June 27, 2012 01:25 PM        
quote:
quote:

I thought it was and it has been answered a few times. but guess not. and Lee will go those 5.30's on shell 89 not MR12.

If Smokin is runing those times with 89 pump gas in crappy air with not alot of seat time I have little doubt he would see low 5.30's on MR 12 with good air!!!

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 27, 2012 01:40 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 27 Jun 2012 21:42
quote:
quote:
quote:

If Smokin is runing those times with 89 pump gas in crappy air with not alot of seat time I have little doubt he would see low 5.30's on MR 12 with good air!!!

It's really pointless to debate this with Bueller. He doesn't want an answer to a question...he wants a stage to present his own drama. Bottom line is that the 14R is the strongest production machine yet, and by a lot. The numbers have already shown it.

That is what this thread was about, remember? Not if someone could modify a Gen 1 to beat a 14R. The writing is clearly on the wall, and the 14R is the new king. It's that simple. There will always be people who don't want to accept it; happens every time. When the 14 came out, a lot of 12R guys said the same thing. Only this time the power difference is huge.

So, a few of you guys with a chip on your shoulder, keep making noise. It looks like the 14R really did get your attention.

Shane

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 27, 2012 01:44 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's really pointless to debate this with Bueller. He doesn't want an answer to a question...he wants a stage to present his own drama. Bottom line is that the 14R is the strongest production machine yet, and by a lot. The numbers have already shown it.

That is what this thread was about, remember? Not if someone could modify a Gen 1 to beat a 14R. The writing is clearly on the wall, and the 14R is the new king. It's that simple. There will always be people who don't want to accept it; happens every time. When the 14 came out, a lot of 12R guys said the same thing.

So, a few of you guys with a chip on your shoulder, keep making noise. It looks like the 14R really did get your attention.

Shane
Glad I have one...

wee

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 27, 2012 02:06 PM        
dude really? GO TO PAGE 2 and read the whole damn post. I asked a legit quetion and got nothing but shitty replys all in reguards to one person on one bike. I even said that I didnt follow what times he ran, and also thanked him for posting the tickets. If you think that me trying to get some kind of actual info and numbers on something before considering a purchase is drama, then I am sorry to have wasted your time and upset you so much. I had no idea that asking if someone had seen or heard of that number on this bike would cause such chaos among the group of 14r owners.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 27, 2012 02:08 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 27 Jun 2012 22:09
quote:
dude really? GO TO PAGE 2 and read the whole damn post. I asked a legit quetion and got nothing but shitty replys all in reguards to one person on one bike. I even said that I didnt follow what times he ran, and also thanked him for posting the tickets. If you think that me trying to get some kind of actual info and numbers on something before considering a purchase is drama, then I am sorry to have wasted your time and upset you so much. I had no idea that asking if someone had seen or heard of that number on this bike would cause such chaos among the group of 14r owners.

Presenting... "Drama 101"...

Who is upset? I have a 14R and my gf and I also have Gen 1's. I love all of the 14's.

Shane

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 27, 2012 02:09 PM        
Really??? this is drama? and a chip? grown up man..

quote:
thx smokin for info. I really just am seeking info. I know that a factory port isnt gonna be the same as a pro job. And i am not saying that the bike isnt strong. I am trying to get an actual base for improvement over a bike with the same (or close) setup. as we know those things are easy and first, and give good gains to stock. """I"""" also know what my personal best is, and what number I am wantnig to see that bike do as to consider looking into one. I know that it being stock motor can also be improved, but am also waiting to see some builds of this block to see how buildable it is and keep streetable.

Ignore this member   
Lsantana954

Expert Class
posted June 27, 2012 02:10 PM        
quote:
Who knows what we can get with a custom tune for the area where we run, its just scratching the surface

you have one remember? have you even used it yet?
'87 Buick Grand National

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 27, 2012 02:12 PM        
quote:
Really??? this is drama? and a chip? grown up man..

quote:
thx smokin for info. I really just am seeking info. I know that a factory port isnt gonna be the same as a pro job. And i am not saying that the bike isnt strong. I am trying to get an actual base for improvement over a bike with the same (or close) setup. as we know those things are easy and first, and give good gains to stock. """I"""" also know what my personal best is, and what number I am wantnig to see that bike do as to consider looking into one. I know that it being stock motor can also be improved, but am also waiting to see some builds of this block to see how buildable it is and keep streetable.

I think one really needs read your posts in their entirety in order to appreciate them fully. Posting snippets really takes things out of context.

Shane

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 27, 2012 02:17 PM        
I dont like um.. Now evertime i see or hear "2012 zx14r" I feel like Im going to be sitting through an hour of a boring graduation speech. Im just waiting to see the "Im a proud parrent of a 2012 zx14r" bumper stickers on minivans lmao

wee

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 27, 2012 02:19 PM        
I have got nothing but beat on from the 1st post about this. Good luck with your bikes, hope to see you on the track.

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 27, 2012 02:22 PM        Edited By: Bueller on 27 Jun 2012 22:26
quote:
I dont like um.. Now evertime i see or hear "2012 zx14r" I feel like Im going to be sitting through an hour of a boring graduation speech. Im just waiting to see the "Im a proud parrent of a 2012 zx14r" bumper stickers on minivans lmao

wee

ommmffffggggg, you dont even know what a fucking joke is? and really from another thread? wow you guys are really something. good luck as I see you have nothing to offer here but critism. But yes, ty smoking for answering some of mty questions. you got me close to what I was wanting to know.

"sorry stand corrected, was from this thread, but was a damn joke none the less" guess you would have to see the personallity in real life to get what it was. I do nothing but joke and have fun. but i guess this isnt the place.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 27, 2012 02:27 PM        Edited By: Wheelie on 27 Jun 2012 22:28
quote:
quote:

wee

ommmffffggggg, you dont even know what a fucking joke is? and really from another thread? wow you guys are really something. good luck as I see you have nothing to offer here but critism. But yes, ty smoking for answering some of mty questions. you got me close to what I was wanting to know.
was from your "first" post in this thread,

I think I will go to a Booza forum and being a new guy will post something like that and see what they say.. lol, should the Booza guys agree that I think a Booza is ugly?

wee

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted June 27, 2012 02:40 PM        
Wow, we usually only see this level of drama during the winter months when people are getting antsy.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 27, 2012 02:48 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ya with a rocksolid clutch and cut seat rails and race gas but you always want apples to apples when anyone else post numbers. put a stock clutch back in and watch the numbers. seems like a grudge bike to me.

there you go with that IT AIN'T FAIR . you guys never apple to apple ... from what i learnt on this forum is race gas don't work.. not everybody has a golden clutch hand and cut seat rail ..whoopy do..

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 27, 2012 02:52 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 27 Jun 2012 22:54
quote:
but shitty replys all in reguards to one person on one bike. .

thats all they have ..that and the pump gas crap..

they tell you race gas don't work .. but when someone uses it and betters a time .. its the 1st thing they whine about..

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: -14R Observation....- NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22955703735352 seconds processing time