HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: -14R Observation....- NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Thread: -14R Observation....- [ This thread is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6     Next» ]
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 25, 2012 09:03 AM        
quote:
I know my rider was my biggest critic when I bought mine, He owns 3 Gen 1 14s and he rides all of them and mine. He's finally bought into that the bike runs its ass off. Plus he's still riding it too. LOL

Soooooo, you've got a guy that doesn't like you bike taking it to redline in every gear trying to blow it up and doing it 30 times in an afternoon. Hmmmm.......at least Dave likes mine.

Just kidding. Coudn't help myself.
2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for a 1985 GS1150E

Ignore this member   
Viper

Expert Class
posted June 25, 2012 09:18 AM        
lmao hell he wouldn't shift it passed 11 on the tach until I put the autoshifter on because it was in his head to shift it like his. He likes it now tho lol

Ignore this member   
shotgun15

Parking Attendant
posted June 25, 2012 04:18 PM        
quote:
quote:
I guess the ZX11 wasn't the game changer I thought it was when I bought a new one in 93.
Yes it was, oh yeah, it DID!

+1
First few years never had so many bikes turn left suddenly after pulling up beside mine.

Ignore this member   
Bad in Black

Expert Class
posted June 26, 2012 11:45 AM        
I like the 14R...its an awesome bike. But I like my boosted 06 better
I have to say tho that the 14R looks a lot bigger than my 06. Maybe its the new bodywork........and it def felt quite abit heavier rolling it around, and felt a little heavier riding as well. It was all stock tho, including those ridiculously huge exhaust cans
But the suspension is sweet

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 26, 2012 12:09 PM        
quote:
I like the 14R...its an awesome bike. But I like my boosted 06 better
I have to say tho that the 14R looks a lot bigger than my 06. Maybe its the new bodywork........and it def felt quite abit heavier rolling it around, and felt a little heavier riding as well. It was all stock tho, including those ridiculously huge exhaust cans
But the suspension is sweet

A 600 Hp Turbo Busa also beats the 14R...what's your point?

The 14R is the most powerful production bike ever, by far. It's that simple. Once you start adding spray, turbo...it's a different game.

Shane

Ignore this member   
Bad in Black

Expert Class
posted June 26, 2012 12:13 PM        
No doubt Shane....and a little boost is going to go a loooong way on the 14R. That I could tell by the ride
  Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 26, 2012 03:39 PM        
Can someone put an arm, shifter, air filter, exhaust, and pc tuned to mr12 so i can say if i like it or not. I looking for something in the 5.39 or better on hand in the 1/8 with only those mods. I am not calling anyone out, or tryin to talk crap. I just want everyone to keep an eye out to see if its done or possible.

I like the sounds of the info that has come out on this bike. for it to have more stroke, compression, cams, lighter wheels Im looking for something around that number to justify the $ for a new one. This has to be with only those mods, fully street legal, and trip rideable. I understand if ya dont want numbers out there, so ya can just PM. Id be willing to make the trip out to see in person (within reason) just so I can show my wife so she wouldnt kill me for wasting the money lol.

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted June 26, 2012 03:49 PM        
Considering Lee has already ran a 5.42 on pump gas in 2100+ feet of air, I don't think the test needs to be done. Hell, he will run better than 5.39 in the 1/8 in better air on pump gas.

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 26, 2012 04:05 PM        
Im not tryin to be shitty. Im trying to justify to myself dropping 13+/- on something to gain less than .10, vs adding stroke, pistons, cams, and lighter wheels to see if it does better than that.
  Ignore this member   
cls

Expert Class
posted June 26, 2012 04:48 PM        
I don't do the drag strip. On the road, though, this bike rolls all over my '06 14 and my 'Busa. Great bike. I'll leave the numbers to you guys. Either way, enjoy.
  Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 26, 2012 06:20 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 27 Jun 2012 01:21
quote:
Im not tryin to be shitty. Im trying to justify to myself dropping 13+/- on something to gain less than .10, vs adding stroke, pistons, cams, and lighter wheels to see if it does better than that.

Ok, I'll take the bait. If you think that a 14R is less than .10 better than a gen 1, well...you are way wrong. Not even worth debating...totally troll-worthy, though.

Shane

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 26, 2012 06:38 PM        Edited By: Bueller on 27 Jun 2012 01:51
With oem pistons, cams, crank, rods.. yes less than .10 so yes this is why i was asking a legit question and not trying to troll. if you have some kind of disbelief in this, my last published fastest time is still within less than .10 So I "actually want to know what the thing has for a potiental with the same setup as us to see if it actually worth the price for those "worlds fastest" upgrades.
  Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 26, 2012 06:43 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 27 Jun 2012 01:45
quote:
ok, you have a 14r with that setup? Ill sit beside ya. and ya, less than .10

If you ride both bikes (stock Gen 1 vs stock 14R), on exact setups, same day, you will go more than .10 quicker on the 14R. It's really that simple. If you don't believe it, I am ok with that.

Of course you can modify a Gen 1 to go as quick or quicker...I have $12k in a 1534 setup. But what we are really talking about is the fastest/quickest production bike ever (top speed limiter removed, of course).

Shane

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 26, 2012 06:53 PM        Edited By: Bueller on 27 Jun 2012 02:01
sorry, i edited to not sound so crappy bout it while you responded. And no I didnt say bone stock on either bike. read the whole post. I said I wanted to see if someone had seen or knew of a number in the area of what I was saying with the same kind of setup as us. simple as that.
  Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted June 26, 2012 07:10 PM        
quote:
Can someone put an arm, shifter, air filter, exhaust, and pc tuned to mr12 so i can say if i like it or not. I looking for something in the 5.39 or better on hand in the 1/8 with only those mods. I am not calling anyone out, or tryin to talk crap. I just want everyone to keep an eye out to see if its done or possible.

I like the sounds of the info that has come out on this bike. for it to have more stroke, compression, cams, lighter wheels Im looking for something around that number to justify the $ for a new one. This has to be with only those mods, fully street legal, and trip rideable. I understand if ya dont want numbers out there, so ya can just PM. Id be willing to make the trip out to see in person (within reason) just so I can show my wife so she wouldnt kill me for wasting the money lol.
Have you not followed what my bike has done ..?? My two old zx14s ran 8.76 and 8.79 ...My new zx14R has run 8.47 with the same mods on pump gas .. That's way more than a silly tenth of a second ... I have gone 5.42 in the 1/8 @ 130 in the heat on pump gas , you can bet money it is going 5.30s this fall ..

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted June 26, 2012 07:15 PM        
quote:
quote:

Have you not followed what my bike has done ..?? My two old zx14s ran 8.76 and 8.79 ...My new zx14R has run 8.47 with the same mods on pump gas .. That's way more than a silly tenth of a second ... I have gone 5.42 in the 1/8 @ 130 in the heat on pump gas , you can bet money it is going 5.30s this fall ..

+1 Smokin, I said the same thing two or three posts above, so I don't think it will mean much.

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 26, 2012 07:19 PM        
sorry, i am not all inet geeked up. this is why i was asking. and still this is not more than .10 damn, i am just asking if someone has done it, and was done with that damn setup. if sooooo then say something right here right now.. stop getting all emo protective over the thing. I am asking a question.
  Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 26, 2012 07:20 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 27 Jun 2012 02:23
quote:
. Have you not followed what my bike has done ..?? My two old zx14s ran 8.76 and 8.79 ...My new zx14R has run 8.47 with the same mods on pump gas ...

i have..

not hating ..but why not list those mods to those numbers for those bikes..

i think your 2012 has a few more mods than those older bikes did and doesn't show apples to apples..

but going off wee's set-up which is more like his old bike i see it closer to 2 tenths 1/4 mile

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 26, 2012 07:23 PM        
OK... let me ask in a 2012 not to piss off anyone kinda way, that was asked the first time that no one bothered to read... What is the fastest 1/8 mile time with just an arm, shifter, airfilter, exhaust, pc on mr12? and if any has bettered a 5.39 with that setup??
  Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 26, 2012 07:25 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 27 Jun 2012 02:25
quote:
on mr12? and if any has bettered a 5.39 with that setup??

nobody has run on MR12 THAT I KNOW OF THAT POSTED NUMBERS on a 2012

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 26, 2012 07:28 PM        
And also as I said, I am "asking" this to see if it is worth the money to buy a new one and dump more money into. but if no one has done better than that, then it really isnt worth the $$$$$ fo meh to even look at them to only better than less than .10 as a starting platform.

Dont read to much into it, dont read between the lines. try to actually get an apples to apples comp as Bad said, to where this thing actually stands. ty.

Ignore this member   
pwshadow

Novice Class
posted June 26, 2012 07:29 PM        
Shit I wonder if the debate got this hot over at the busa forum when the 08 came out.

- my new bike is at least 10% better than the old one!
- there is no way it's 10% better. And it's ugly!
- its actually closer to 12% better! Trust me I own both!
- I bet it isn't even 8% better. Glad I didn't buy one.

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 26, 2012 07:33 PM        
no joke, hope none are salesman. hate to go somewhere and get the hell beat out of me for asking a question.
  Ignore this member   
codyc_13

Expert Class
posted June 26, 2012 07:49 PM        
Bueller how can you say you want and apple's to apple's test, when you want the new bike to only have an arm, shifter airfilter, exhaust, pc on mr12.

When the bike that you say is within a .10 of it has motorwork??? That's not apple's to apple's....

8.97 at 149mph

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 26, 2012 07:56 PM        Edited By: Bueller on 27 Jun 2012 02:58
ahemm. i swear you folks need some phonics. i want to know if someone has that setup first of all. because those are the most typical things done to a bike right out the gate. and holy shit if you guys think headwork is some kind of godly motorwork then I have been doing all the wrong crap to bikes for 30 years. Because the only thing we have to compare the 2 motors apart is factory headwork vs pro head then we have some sort of base to compare. But this is really getting cute though.
  Ignore this member   
All times are PST(US) [ This thread is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: -14R Observation....- NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.327881097794 seconds processing time