HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Need a Stock ZX14 for Brake Line Install in Oxnard, CA NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Galfer

Parking Attendant
posted June 18, 2012 11:04 AM        
Need a Stock ZX14 for Brake Line Install in Oxnard, CA

Hi all,

I work for Galfer and we're looking for a STOCK 2006-2012 Kawasaki ZX-14 in SoCal/Oxnard that can be left with us at our Oxnard, CA facility for a couple days. We'll be creating brake line installation instructions for the ZX-14 and in exchange for leaving the bike with us you'll get a complete set of Galfer stainless steel brake lines for free.

Email tech-support@galferusa.com if you're interested :smile

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Galfer's homepage. 
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 18, 2012 11:42 AM        
wow the zx14 came out in 2006 and in 2012 you want to start making installation instructions?

wee

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 18, 2012 12:27 PM        
better later than never

Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted June 18, 2012 01:34 PM        
so much for progress.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted June 18, 2012 02:04 PM        
instead of slamming every company that gets on here to make us parts late odd not. maybe a thank you would be better. after all the busa has been king for years and this is a chance for more 14 support imo
  Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 18, 2012 02:31 PM        
quote:
instead of slamming every company that gets on here to make us parts late odd not. maybe a thank you would be better. after all the busa has been king for years and this is a chance for more 14 support imo
Bently, I'm not slamming them, I was asking why they would wait 6 years to start making instructions for installation.

wee

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted June 18, 2012 02:42 PM        
quote:
quote:
Bently, I'm not slamming them, I was asking why they would wait 6 years to start making instructions for installation.

wee

i know but others made post that will keep other after market company's from making products for us. lets face it the after market for the busa is much stronger. we don't need guys bashing company's. same shit happened in the bazzaz thread .

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 18, 2012 02:51 PM        
Did Galfer not make brake lines for the ZX-14 back in 2006?

wee

Ignore this member   
Galfer

Parking Attendant
posted June 18, 2012 03:11 PM        
We make custom brake lines for just about any bike out there (street, off-road, ATV and UTV). We just happen to be updating our ZX-14 instructions now and wanted to give a ZX-14 rider a chance to get some free lines installed on their bike. If you know a ZX-14 rider who is nearby Oxnard, CA and wants some free lines in exchange for us shooting photos of their bike to add to our ZX-14 instruction sheet, please let us know!

BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted June 18, 2012 03:14 PM        Edited By: BLK ICE on 18 Jun 2012 22:22
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
Galfer

Parking Attendant
posted June 18, 2012 03:46 PM        
BLK ICE,

We've put the call out to a lot of folks for the stock ZX-14 on our Facebook page, Twitter, web site, and over at ZXforums.com, so there's no guarantee that the person who brings in their ZX-14 will be posting their info on here. The majority of the time we're able to find local riders to bring their bikes in, but finding a ZX-14 that's still stock is proving to be a bit difficult -- so we're trying to widen the request by posting on these two forums. Any time we do an instruction sheet on any model of bike the owner of the bike that's nice enough to let us use their motorcycle gets to keep the lines though, that's our norm.

Our apologies if this gave you the impression of spam -- this is our first time posting on a forum to try and find specific type of bike for our brake line instructions. Since this was our first post on ZX-14.com and our account doesn't have any ranking I'm sorry if we gave you the wrong idea, but feel free give me a call directly if you'd like to confirm: 949-542-6739 is my mobile number.

If you & the other forum members would rather us not post this message here on the forum, we'll request with the moderators that the post be removed. We definitely don't want to give you all a negative impression.

--Corey
corey@galferusa.com
949-542-6739

epd345

Pro
posted June 18, 2012 05:34 PM        
Sounds like a great deal to me, I would be there in a second but to bad I am on the east coast!

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted June 18, 2012 06:21 PM        
quote:
BLK ICE,

We've put the call out to a lot of folks for the stock ZX-14 on our Facebook page, Twitter, web site, and over at ZXforums.com, so there's no guarantee that the person who brings in their ZX-14 will be posting their info on here. The majority of the time we're able to find local riders to bring their bikes in, but finding a ZX-14 that's still stock is proving to be a bit difficult -- so we're trying to widen the request by posting on these two forums. Any time we do an instruction sheet on any model of bike the owner of the bike that's nice enough to let us use their motorcycle gets to keep the lines though, that's our norm.

Our apologies if this gave you the impression of spam -- this is our first time posting on a forum to try and find specific type of bike for our brake line instructions. Since this was our first post on ZX-14.com and our account doesn't have any ranking I'm sorry if we gave you the wrong idea, but feel free give me a call directly if you'd like to confirm: 949-542-6739 is my mobile number.

If you & the other forum members would rather us not post this message here on the forum, we'll request with the moderators that the post be removed. We definitely don't want to give you all a negative impression.

--Corey
corey@galferusa.com
949-542-6739
Cory don't sweat it .. We do have a lot of spammers so the guys get jumpy at times .. I don't see your post as spam , you are giving away brake lines and free labor to some lucky ZX14 owner ..
A lot of the guys here use your brake lines and rotors so we know you make good parts ..
I hope someone from Bikeland takes you up on your offer and takes some pictures of the install as well as your shop .. It would make a great write up for the bikeland members to read ..
Smokin ...

Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted June 18, 2012 06:29 PM        Edited By: zixxer14 on 19 Jun 2012 04:41
Bet it's going to be tough finding a completely stock bike, they don't seem to stay that way long. By the way I've got Galfer front lines, I think they're worn out, can I get a new set free please.

p.s. do you snicker everytime you say oxnard?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted June 18, 2012 09:26 PM        
Galfer did a good job of coming up with custom lines for Bikeland's project KLX. I'm sure the 14 community would benefit for some input from Galfer.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted June 18, 2012 09:53 PM        Edited By: BLK ICE on 19 Jun 2012 05:08
quote:
BLK ICE,

--Corey
corey@galferusa.com
949-542-6739

Easy, I miss read your OP. When I reviewed it, I removed my post before you posted this one.

That is why you don't have a quote of it or see it listed in my post.

There are spammers that come on this site, but I don't think you are one of them.

BLK ICE
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 19, 2012 12:55 PM        
quote:
BLK ICE,

--Corey
corey@galferusa.com
949-542-6739
If people need instructions for an install maybe you could shoot a quick video and have it on your website for viewing??

wee

Ignore this member   
Galfer

Parking Attendant
posted June 20, 2012 08:37 AM        
quote:
By the way I've got Galfer front lines, I think they're worn out, can I get a new set free please.

Hi Zixxer14!

Our lines have a limited lifetime warranty, please call us 805-988-2900, 1-800-685-6633 or email tech@galferusa.com we are here to help!

zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted June 20, 2012 09:10 AM        
I was just messing with you, so far they have performed quite well. That's what the big smiley was about. Sorry about the confusion. Should they ever give up the ghost I will remember your offer. Thanks.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Need a Stock ZX14 for Brake Line Install in Oxnard, CA NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.750244855881 seconds processing time