HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brocks CT Meg question??? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
epd345

Pro
posted June 17, 2012 08:59 AM        
Brocks CT Meg question???

I am considering a used CT Meg....is the CT Meg for the 06-11 the same system that fits the 2012? Also is the same header used on the full standard CT system and are the muffler from the full CT system interchangable. Thanks

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 17, 2012 09:01 AM        
The CT's all share the same header. Midpipes and mufflers are the differences. CT Single and CT Meg will both fit all years without issue.

Shane

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted June 17, 2012 09:02 AM        
Thanks Shane!

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 17, 2012 09:11 AM        
My pleasure. If you go the CT Meg route, be prepared for ultra light weight and a very mean exhaust note.

Shane

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted June 17, 2012 09:15 AM        
U think Its to loud for strictly street use?

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 17, 2012 09:33 AM        Edited By: Shane661 on 17 Jun 2012 17:33
quote:
U think Its to loud for strictly street use?

No, not at all. As the pipe gets mles on it the tone becomes more mellow.

That being said, I would not recommend it to those who want a quiet exhaust. The CT Meg's bark is equal to it's bite.

Shane

Ignore this member   
ZXedOUT

Novice Class
posted June 17, 2012 03:49 PM        
Shane, between the AH2 and the ctmeg, which one is louder and lower in tone?
Philippians 4:13

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted June 18, 2012 07:20 PM        
Well I scored the CT Meg from flea bay tonight. Hope to have within a week.

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted June 18, 2012 07:22 PM        
Shane I swear the bike had a picture of posted was yours ,

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted June 18, 2012 07:27 PM        
After I get the pipe next step will be to get a pc5 from Brock's with the fully loaded street map. Any quess on Hp from that set up. My bike now has 1100 miles and shoulld pretty broken in??

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 19, 2012 08:15 AM        
quote:
After I get the pipe next step will be to get a pc5 from Brock's with the fully loaded street map. Any quess on Hp from that set up. My bike now has 1100 miles and shoulld pretty broken in??

200+ STD. All dyno's are different.

Shane

Ignore this member   
Eric_The_Jew

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2012 08:27 AM        
Man I love the CT meg but simply don't have that kind of coin for an exhaust. I wish Brock could market a system that uses the stainless gen 3 header with the CT Meg can, because I love the way it looks and I like the availability of the quietkore baffle option. And sell it for around the $1,200 price point. Either that, or make the alien head available with a dedicated quietkore baffle instead of that worthless (from what ive read, at least) noise reduction insert! Noise is the only thing really stopping me from ordering an alien head today!

Ignore this member   
Eric_The_Jew

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2012 08:34 AM        
quote:

Just curious what made you decide to get the street map over the pump gas track map? I know Brocks website says that the street maps offer good drivability on the street and the track maps give the most power under real world conditions. I would think the track map's advantages only manifest themselves under WOT anyway, so why couldn't Brock just offer the street map with the track map's WOT fuel table and have the best of both worlds? Or am I missing something?

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted June 19, 2012 10:40 AM        
quote:
Man I love the CT meg but simply don't have that kind of coin for an exhaust. I wish Brock could market a system that uses the stainless gen 3 header with the CT Meg can, because I love the way it looks and I like the availability of the quietkore baffle option. And sell it for around the $1,200 price point. Either that, or make the alien head available with a dedicated quietkore baffle instead of that worthless (from what ive read, at least) noise reduction insert! Noise is the only thing really stopping me from ordering an alien head today!

I agree, I like the look of the alien head but want this as a street bike and don't want a loud exhaust.

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted June 19, 2012 10:52 AM        
The CT Meg isn't absurdly loud, and definitely a bit quieter than the Alien Head. I have the Noise Reduction plug, but have only used it a couple of times and I thought it made it too quiet and I felt like I could feel the loss of power. But it would be an option if someone wanted a CT Meg but was worried about waking the neighbors early in the morning or something or if it bothered them on a longer trip.

Ignore this member   
Eric_The_Jew

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2012 11:38 AM        
Dakota, you have a noise reduction plug on a CT Meg? I was under the impression that the "quietkore" baffle on that system was a different canister design with more baffling built in, not just a removable insert (like on the AH). Or are the noise plug and quietkore baffle two separate options altogether on the CT Meg?

Ignore this member   
Kawifast

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2012 11:51 AM        
quote:
Dakota, you have a noise reduction plug on a CT Meg? I was under the impression that the "quietkore" baffle on that system was a different canister design with more baffling built in, not just a removable insert (like on the AH). Or are the noise plug and quietkore baffle two separate options altogether on the CT Meg?

The noise reduction plugs on the CT's go between the midpipe and the muffler vs the end cap of the muffler.

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted June 19, 2012 11:51 AM        
Two separate options.

http://www.brocksperformance.com/CT-Noise-Reduction-Plug-+I900227+C9.aspx

http://www.brocksperformance.com/+Qquiet.aspx

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted June 19, 2012 11:52 AM        
If I get out to the track early enough I will make a run with and a run without it during open session, before time runs.

Ignore this member   
Kawifast

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2012 12:35 PM        
Dakota what map are you running?

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted June 19, 2012 12:52 PM        
Depends on what I am doing. I leave the Street map in for day to day. I put the track map in for pump gas or MR9 at the track. If I am running MR12 I have been running the LSR map as recommended by Brock. And MR12 on that map absolutely kicks ass.

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted June 19, 2012 01:13 PM        
The CT Meg was mounted on a 2011 ZX 14, is the mounting hardware all the same for my 2012? Should I replace the exhaust gaskets or use stock. Any other suggestions?

Ignore this member   
Kawifast

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2012 01:20 PM        
quote:
Depends on what I am doing. I leave the Street map in for day to day. I put the track map in for pump gas or MR9 at the track. If I am running MR12 I have been running the LSR map as recommended by Brock. And MR12 on that map absolutely kicks ass.

Dakota did you load the revised streetmap2 or still running the orginal streetmap1...or may be irrelevent unless a 14R.

Ignore this member   
Lsantana954

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2012 01:23 PM        Edited By: Lsantana954 on 19 Jun 2012 21:25
here you go
http://youtu.be/blmLxmjrDqw
'87 Buick Grand National

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted June 19, 2012 01:32 PM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 19 Jun 2012 21:41
quote:
quote:

Just curious what made you decide to get the street map over the pump gas track map? I know Brocks website says that the street maps offer good drivability on the street and the track maps give the most power under real world conditions. I would think the track map's advantages only manifest themselves under WOT anyway, so why couldn't Brock just offer the street map with the track map's WOT fuel table and have the best of both worlds? Or am I missing something?
First there are only two maps for the new zx14R ... Street map for 89 pump gas .. Race map for use with MR12 .. I have run 8.47 on the street map with 89 pump gas .. Brock should not call it just a street map becuase it just doesn't tell the hole story .. The street map is race map also but for using 89 pump gas .. So it realy a street and track map .. The all out race map is made for MR12 wil not run right with pump gas ..Unless you like you bike running like ass ..

You can't look at this Gen 2 bike as Gen 1 bike .. The gen 2 bike is completely different .. You need to use gen 1 maps in the gen 1 and gen 2 maps in the gen 2 ..

I have the Alien head 2 on my bike .. It's loud but very very deep sounding unlike the old Alien head pipe ..You can't compair the sound of the old alien head to the new one .. Brock had a different core made for the new Alien head 2 to keep the sound down and to get a deeper tone and still make HP .. I have the reduction plug for mine and it does tone it down , I have never tried it at the track to see how much power it kills if any ..I have had zero complaints from anyone riding around with my Alien head 2 on the street , to me it seems no louder that the street smeg untill you hit 11,200 ..

Alien head 2 at the track

CT smeg at the track ..

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brocks CT Meg question??? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22505497932434 seconds processing time