HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: More like guide lines... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
pwshadow

Novice Class
posted June 14, 2012 04:30 AM        
More like guide lines...

I went to Bandimere last night and raced a guy on a stretched, slammed, piped busa and a guy on a k8 gsxr 1000. Both wer wearing textile pants and jackets. On Bandimere's web site they require full leathers, and an ignition tether to trap higher than 120. But they let these guys race. It seems to me that rules like these should be unforced for the safety of the riders.

I will say that the modded busa got beat twice by a first time racer on a bone stock zx14. Hmm maybe my leathers were more aerodynamic.

Ignore this member   
MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted June 14, 2012 10:27 AM        Edited By: MotoCycho on 14 Jun 2012 18:29
Those rules are simply guide lines. The tech inspectors have ultimate say. Hell, what they allowed 4 weeks in a row might get ya kicked the 5th time.

Those rules sound the same as the ones here at our local track. They switched from NHRA to IHRA a few years ago and the rules didn't even get the punctuations moved, let alone the the wording changed. I am convinced they copied that shit from a rule book back in the 70's and then onto computer sometime in the 90's, and it's all cut & paste from then on.

What's even harder to understand is when they apply the rules more strictly. If you are a regular racer and show for all the test n tunes and run in the bracket classes they will force you to comply to the letter of the rule book. But if you just show for the "Midnight Drags", basically heads up no points racing with no purse, they let the need for full leathers and a kill tether slide. Their logic being that if you were a serious racer you'd be running in the brackets.. and you must not be that fast, so they just sign your tech card and give ya a number. Glad they do that shit too, works for me!

BTW, plenty of textile gear out there offer pretty good protection.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 14, 2012 11:36 AM        
quote:
I went to Bandimere last night and raced a guy on a stretched, slammed, piped busa and a guy on a k8 gsxr 1000. Both wer wearing textile pants and jackets. On Bandimere's web site they require full leathers, and an ignition tether to trap higher than 120. But they let these guys race. It seems to me that rules like these should be unforced for the safety of the riders.

I will say that the modded busa got beat twice by a first time racer on a bone stock zx14. Hmm maybe my leathers were more aerodynamic.
what was your time, and speed?

wee

Ignore this member   
pwshadow

Novice Class
posted June 14, 2012 11:46 AM        Edited By: pwshadow on 14 Jun 2012 19:46
It was my first time and it was at altitude so I only ran 11.26@133mph
  Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 14, 2012 11:55 AM        
quote:
It was my first time and it was at altitude so I only ran 11.26@133mph
lol, I don't want to ask what the modded, stretched, slammed,and piped Booza did.

wee

Ignore this member   
pwshadow

Novice Class
posted June 14, 2012 11:58 AM        
11.87@125. His buddy on the gixxer 1000 was running 10.6s all night.
  Ignore this member   
MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted June 14, 2012 12:18 PM        
Altitude is a killer. Try running at 6500+ DA. 133 MPH.. depending on your size, you are good for at least mid 10's at the same MPH.
  Ignore this member   
01smokes

Needs a job
posted June 14, 2012 12:28 PM        
quote:
Altitude is a killer. Try running at 6500+ DA. 133 MPH.. depending on your size, you are good for at least mid 10's at the same MPH.

That sucks I run in ABQ NM, slowest track in the country 9k+ DA now in the summer time and still run in the 9.40s all motor 200lb rider suited

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
pwshadow

Novice Class
posted June 14, 2012 12:34 PM        
Yeah the bike is definitely strong enough to get into the 10s here. I'm 195 suited. I just can't seem to nail the launch. My 60ft times were averaging 2.4xx. So I know I can do better. To be fair the busa rider was a larger gentleman. I would guess 250 suited
  Ignore this member   
nstewart23

Parking Attendant
posted June 14, 2012 01:40 PM        
I know what you mean, I went to Gateway Motorsports Park for the first time last week for test and tune. I spent the money for leathers and a tether. When I got down there, I saw guys running with jeans on.

I don't regret buying quality gear at all, it just seems odd they allow people to run like that.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: More like guide lines... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20960211753845 seconds processing time