HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: CYCLE WORLD, NJ CLOSED!!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
ZXedOUT

Novice Class
posted June 13, 2012 09:40 AM        Edited By: ZXedOUT on 13 Jun 2012 16:42
CYCLE WORLD, NJ CLOSED!!!

How about I was so excited to lock in a great deal at cycle world of NJ early last week for $12800otd and $150 to deliver the bike to my home in VA on one of their enclosed trailer then since later last week and this week I have been unable to get in touch with anyone from the store. EBay store empty with no response to messaging and calling them answering machine says their closed. Then a simple search brings up this:

http://business-bankruptcies.com/cases/cycle-world-of-cherry-hill-llc

They have declared bankruptcy and are shut!!! I didn't know things were that bad. They have huge inventory. Wonder what happens to all that. Now I gotta go back shopping for a good deal
Philippians 4:13

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted June 13, 2012 10:29 AM        
The reason you were getting a good deal is because they were closing. I bought 6-7 bikes from them and when i bought my 14 from them i only got 500 off sticker. At the end they were making great deals. I know one of their salesmen and he said they gave away bikes sooo cheap that was their problem. They thought they could make it up in parts and service. It kills guys like me who buys a bike every couple years they were amazing on prices in are area. I was at another dealer last weekend and their very excited that cycle world closed.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 13, 2012 10:56 AM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 13 Jun 2012 18:55
why be so surprized..this what happens when you give shit away... sooner or later you go broke ..

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted June 13, 2012 11:00 AM        
quote:
why be so surprized..this what happens when you give shit away... some or later you go broke ..

That's right. It doesn't matter if they sell 5000 bikes a year, if there is no markup, they aren't going to stay open.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 13, 2012 11:03 AM        
I got a great deal from them on my '11 Busa and also the 14r i bought in Dec....seemed like a good shop.

Shane

Ignore this member   
ZXedOUT

Novice Class
posted June 13, 2012 11:28 AM        
After this I wonder then what's up with Ridersville of WV and Rockingham Cycles, NC who are also volume sellers. Ridersville had been selling 14r at $12500 until they sold out and Rockingham Cycles still has them in stock for $12998. Seems like 14rs have generally been selling well and there may be few or no left overs after the 2013s are released.
Philippians 4:13

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted June 13, 2012 12:00 PM        
volume dealers use to make money on parts and services and acc. but internet sales kill shops now. i can buy cheaper off the net then what 10% over dealer price is.
  Ignore this member   
oldkawboy

Needs a job
posted June 13, 2012 12:22 PM        
A couple local shops who used to be volume dealers are gone too. Like stated above, some shops were hoping service, parts & accessories would pay the bills. Years ago it would but the internet has killed many a dealerships.

It's a two-edge sword for sure. We want the best prices possible for parts/acces which leads us to mail ordering but it sure used to be nice during bad weather to go to a dealership and visit your buddies. We had one shop and guys would meet up and ride from there, it was a good time.

If the price is fairly close (within reason) I'll buy locally. I actually like spending my money at a dealership whenever possible.

Hate to see Cherry Hill close down, I'm thinking that's where SteveWFL bought his last Connie.

Dan

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 13, 2012 01:26 PM        
quote:
I'll buy locally. I actually like spending my money at a dealership whenever possible.

Dan

if they have it in stock i'll buy it ..

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted June 13, 2012 03:47 PM        
quote:
quote:
I'll buy locally. I actually like spending my money at a dealership whenever possible.

Dan

if they have it in stock i'll buy it ..

Yup but the problem here is the two dealers in this town don't even stock a damn tank protector or swing arm spools then they wonder why guys go to the net. why make two trips to the dealer one to order and one to pick up when in 3 or 4 days it can show up at your door.

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted June 13, 2012 06:02 PM        
LI Kawasaki has got their Green Bikes... 5 or 6 SE's. Good deals to be had there

Ignore this member   
mma-tv

Expert Class
posted June 13, 2012 07:49 PM        
Their inventory will go to NPA on a dealer only listing.
  Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted June 14, 2012 01:58 AM        
Got a call tonight from a friend who said that they got the green ones..... Maybe things were worked out before. Stranger things have happened....

Ignore this member   
tour10

Parking Attendant
posted June 14, 2012 08:32 AM        
quote:
How about I was so excited to lock in a great deal at cycle world of NJ early last week for $12800otd and $150 to deliver the bike to my home in VA on one of their enclosed trailer then since later last week and this week I have been unable to get in touch with anyone from the store. EBay store empty with no response to messaging and calling them answering machine says their closed. Then a simple search brings up this:

http://business-bankruptcies.com/cases/cycle-world-of-cherry-hill-llc

They have declared bankruptcy and are shut!!! I didn't know things were that bad. They have huge inventory. Wonder what happens to all that. Now I gotta go back shopping for a good deal

well thats what you get for f'ing around and not getting it bought!lol

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted June 14, 2012 01:08 PM        Edited By: SteveWFL on 14 Jun 2012 20:11
I did a fly and ride from FL to there and back for my concours because they were so much cheaper than any stealership in FL.

Should have had it shipped down, the Feb cold and snow up there sucked to ride through =)
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
zxninja

Novice Class
posted June 14, 2012 01:58 PM        
I was going to buy my bike from them but a dealer closer to me matched their price and I got a good deal because of them. I don't think they were giving them away and were making a profit. They didn't play games like the stealerships and that's bad news that they're out of business.
  Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted June 15, 2012 11:05 AM        
quote:
I was going to buy my bike from them but a dealer closer to me matched their price and I got a good deal because of them. I don't think they were giving them away and were making a profit. They didn't play games like the stealerships and that's bad news that they're out of business.

What do you suspect caused them to go under
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: CYCLE WORLD, NJ CLOSED!!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.750035047531 seconds processing time