HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: My new fairings are here! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
peaveyplayer

Novice Class
posted June 10, 2012 11:56 PM        Edited By: peaveyplayer on 11 Jun 2012 06:59
My new fairings are here!

Took 2 days, probably 5-6 hours to install (comes with heat padding). These fairings had small holes, so I used a kitchen knife to make the holes bigger !!!! This full fairing kit came from Aliexpress.com I payed 368 bucks and took 38 days to get here. The only problem I had was the dash pieces "Black panels near handlebars" was overpainted, so the rigidness wasn't completely there. Other than that, the paintjob was awesome. I have put about 600 miles on my bike this past week and no signs of paint chipping or wear. If you have any questions, let me know! Heres my bike finally, after rebuilding it from the last painful wreck.

Oh, and OJ did it! Look at his face when he puts on the glove!

Ignore this member   
venomous_zx

Expert Class
2012 14r - low and long-
posted June 11, 2012 03:35 AM        Edited By: venomous_zx on 11 Jun 2012 10:39
Nice blue.. you might have an oil leak.
that glove brought some nice memories back for oj.. lol

Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted June 11, 2012 09:11 AM        
Hope those are better quality than some I've seen. Keep a check on any seams or squared off areas as they have come apart on some chinese sets. If you only had to enlarge some holes that's already way better than the sets I've seen. They had holes way off or none at all & required a bunch of drilling and bending to mount. Besides that your set looks really good, hope it lasts..
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 11, 2012 09:44 AM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 11 Jun 2012 16:46
quote:
Besides that your set looks really good, hope it lasts..

to the untrained eye.. i see some fitment issues around the front fuel tank and ram air covers .. maybe my eyes tho.. but to each his own as long as he's happy

Ignore this member   
KoflaOlivieri

Expert Class
posted June 11, 2012 09:49 AM        Edited By: KoflaOlivieri on 11 Jun 2012 16:57
Come back in a few months and give us an update on your fairings. This is the first positive review I've read about aftermarket fairing kits. Maybe I'll buy a set for a winter project. They look great.
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000
1975 Kawasaki Z1 900
1974 Kawasaki H2 750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750

Ignore this member    Click here to visit KoflaOlivieri's homepage. 
mma-tv

Expert Class
posted June 11, 2012 10:09 AM        
The china plastic sets are getting better every year. I used to order about 5 a month when I worked at crashedtoys and they went from being absolute garbage to almost usable within a couple months. The paint was still terrible, but the fit improved enough that a guy could use a hot knife to trim here and there and make a decent looking setup.
  Ignore this member   
ryn0cer0s

Expert Class
Rider for Life
posted June 11, 2012 11:35 AM        
quote:
quote:

to the untrained eye.. i see some fitment issues around the front fuel tank and ram air covers .. maybe my eyes tho.. but to each his own as long as he's happy

+1
Is that an illusion, or do those areas not fit perfectly?

BTW, A friend of mine bought a set off ebay from HK, for his CBR1000 and it looks better than stock after 2 years. But, I am still too skeptical to get any myself.
PCV, SpeedoHealer, lowered

"Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

Ignore this member   
SixSixoh6

Zone Head
posted June 11, 2012 02:59 PM        
Ill eventually be ordering some hang kang fairings too. Glad to see feedback on the 14

2009 ZX-14 SE--has two wheels and an engine

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 11, 2012 03:01 PM        
Bike looks nice!

Shane

Ignore this member   
zxninja

Novice Class
posted June 11, 2012 10:06 PM        
looks nice
  Ignore this member   
ArmyRecon19d

Novice Class
posted June 12, 2012 03:13 PM        
Yeah i'd love to know how these look at the end of the season. I decided mine was going to live with the rash from knocking it over with my truck... figured i'd get one of these sets when I do the teardown this year
  Ignore this member   
ArmyRecon19d

Novice Class
posted June 12, 2012 03:18 PM        
Btw those cans look and sound 4x better when you gut em out and cut em down

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted June 12, 2012 03:19 PM        
Great color blue!

Ignore this member   
ArmyRecon19d

Novice Class
posted June 12, 2012 03:19 PM        Edited By: ArmyRecon19d on 12 Jun 2012 22:29
Double post ftw
  Ignore this member   
peaveyplayer

Novice Class
posted June 12, 2012 09:21 PM        
nice man, yours actually fit perfect lol... mine has gaps . watcha mean gut the cans?
  Ignore this member   
Bad in Black

Expert Class
posted June 12, 2012 10:20 PM        
quote:
quote:

Yep I noticed those as well........I'm too picky, I'd need it to fit like stock. But when you're saving that kind of money and wanting to get back on the road hard to knock'em

Ignore this member   
ArmyRecon19d

Novice Class
posted June 13, 2012 09:46 AM        
quote:
nice man, yours actually fit perfect lol... mine has gaps . watcha mean gut the cans?

Drill out the rivets on the end. Use a dremel or cutting wheel to cut exterior of can to desired length (I think I went 1"-1.25" past where the bracket sits). You'll have to cut the packing with the cutting wheel too, its wrapped in with a wire mesh. Same goes for the inner sleeve. I think there was something with the sleeve I welded back in, but I don't think it was necessary. After that put the end cap on, mark your holes, drill em out and rivet that bitch back on. I moved the yoshi plate too. That's just mark, drill and rivet as well.

Ignore this member   
peaveyplayer

Novice Class
posted June 13, 2012 12:48 PM        
your a brave man lol, that exaust aint cheap... already bent it from 2 wrecks, hell this thing was destroyed to nothingness at one time.... rebuilt it, but a little scared welding lol.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: My new fairings are here! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.639161109924 seconds processing time