HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Finally.... yeahhhhhh NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
justoyz2

Zone Head
Justoyz Racing
posted May 28, 2012 08:28 PM        
Finally.... yeahhhhhh

Well, I picked up my bike this past Wednesday...., It's a beast.... Lee is that dyno ready at your shop?

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 28, 2012 08:34 PM        
I have no Dyno ...Wish i did . You don't need a dyno , just brocks alien head and brocks map and you are good to go.. Oh yes don't forget the guhl flash ... .

Get that baby set up and i'll let you have a rematch at BMP ...

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 28, 2012 08:35 PM        
Oh and welcome home ...

Ignore this member   
SR-71R

Parking Attendant
posted May 29, 2012 12:17 AM        
Guhl flash

Hey Smoke,/Toys I just installed my Brock's AH2 and PCV. The bike feels good, louder and a little different but good. Seems the Brocks PCV map dampered the low end a bit but at higher revs (6-10K) she perks up and sounds/feels great. Can you tell me about the Guhl flash and where I can get that done. I'm in Hawaii, do I have to send off the CPU for the flash or can a local shop do it?

P.S. This bike truly is a Beast, unbelievable difference from my 06. She's an untamed/violent brute and a vicious, marvelous BEAST!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Ignore this member   
justoyz2

Zone Head
Justoyz Racing
posted May 29, 2012 05:59 AM        
Lee,

I have installed the short meg, clutch mod, lowered... I have to install the arm, bst's and load a map. I didn't want to waste time while at bike week... I got to TPA yesterday and want to throw it on the dyno to see how it's doing... I have about 340 miles on it. I am running full syn oil now.

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 29, 2012 07:12 AM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 29 May 2012 14:14
quote:
Hey Smoke,/Toys I just installed my Brock's AH2 and PCV. The bike feels good, louder and a little different but good. Seems the Brocks PCV map dampered the low end a bit but at higher revs (6-10K) she perks up and sounds/feels great. Can you tell me about the Guhl flash and where I can get that done. I'm in Hawaii, do I have to send off the CPU for the flash or can a local shop do it?

P.S. This bike truly is a Beast, unbelievable difference from my 06. She's an untamed/violent brute and a vicious, marvelous BEAST!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mike go to guhlmotors.com ..Talk to Don and he will hook you up ..Or you can call Brocks and he will hook up.... Make sure you ask for the Brocks flash for your ECU..

Oh Mike ... pull the flies ASAP...

Ignore this member   
drewzx-14

Zone Head
Andrew
posted May 29, 2012 10:22 AM        
Congratulations! What color did you get

Ignore this member    Click here to visit drewzx-14's homepage. 
Kawifast

Expert Class
posted May 29, 2012 10:22 AM        
quote:

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Should get my CT Duals mid June, (getting close now , but gotta say I hope my Street Map from Brock with the CT's doesn't "dampen the low end" at all. There is a lot of street rideability that goes on from 3K-5K and the stock fueling and OEM pipe are pretty damn good there. Any full system and map that softens that area only to pick it up above 6K doesn't sound perfect to me. It's one of those issues where full systems often force a sacrifice of low-mid range for higher end performance. I've been told by almost all that you don't lose any low end with Brocks pipes and Map, so this is the first I've heard of it. Maybe it's the difference between the AH and the CT systems?

Ignore this member   
SteddyTeddy

Pro
posted May 29, 2012 11:33 AM        
Dampened low end on a 220hp stock wheelbase motorcycle. LOL Like you can really tell or even use it all to begin with! lol
  Ignore this member   
blue07

Expert Class
posted May 29, 2012 11:41 AM        
I don't think you're gonna lose ANY low end driveability OR performance going with these mods...mine didn't... perked things up quite nicely!I'm happy.
  Ignore this member   
justoyz2

Zone Head
Justoyz Racing
posted May 29, 2012 12:16 PM        
I got a black one. The weather isn't real good right now.... perhaps I will try to get it dynoed tomorrow..

Ignore this member   
FearsomeKawasaki

Novice Class
posted May 29, 2012 01:28 PM        
Kawifast, if you're not into blasting the hell out of the bike on the top end and like the rideability of the low end grunt, an extra tooth on the rear will sort you out no matter your mods.
  Ignore this member   
SR-71R

Parking Attendant
posted May 30, 2012 12:43 AM        
Teddy's right, I'm definitely not using all the power of this bike, but I do ride hard and fast. Also, didn't mean to insinuate the bike was slower by any means, low end driveability is great, just noticed a minor low end difference between stock and Brock's, could just be me. I love my new set up, the AH2 in black PC and the mapped PCV work great, the bike definitely feels lighter and stronger especially on top. My 06 ran hot, the '12 seems cooler and very minimal backfire and no crazy pops like my 06 with Muzzy's. Definitely louder than stock, that's for sure... Absolutely no complaints here, I may just have to pull the flies.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Finally.... yeahhhhhh NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.731094837189 seconds processing time