HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 2012 ZX14 Top Speed Run ~ 198mph NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Rideharder

Zone Head
posted May 28, 2012 10:12 AM        
quote:
Nope, was a lil outta tune with the new motor set up but oh well.

The rider of the 14 says he wouldnt have caught me if he didnt draft me but a win is a win lol

Come to think about it luckily he did draft you there was a truck in his lane as seen in the video. Would like to see a rematch..

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rideharder's homepage. 
bentz69

Parking Attendant
posted May 28, 2012 11:06 AM        
how different does the bike feel in the low to midrange area with the flash?
  Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 28, 2012 01:37 PM        
quote:
how different does the bike feel in the low to midrange area with the flash?
Remember this is a stock bike , the flash is going to do little or nothing for the power ... But it does remove the top speed limiter and should speed up the flies a bit in the lower gears .. Gath would have to answer this but my guess is they were both in 2 gear and above 4000 RPMs .. If that is the case the flash did nothing for the flies opening faster because they were already fully open at that point ..

The slow start on the part of the ZX14R maybe rider ( skills ) or the weight of the rider ( 260 pounds ) or both ... One thing for sure it will be faster once piped and tuned ..

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 28, 2012 01:47 PM        
I love it i beat a 1000 and i get killed for beating a lil bike,this guy does it and its awesome. YOU GUYS ARE ALL FUCKIN ASSHOLES. I'm gone you guys just proved its not me,its you guys just hating on someone. FUCK ALL OF YOU. BYE BYE JERK OFFS.

Ignore this member   
JZX

Zone Head
posted May 28, 2012 02:09 PM        
quote:
I love it i beat a 1000 and i get killed for beating a lil bike,this guy does it and its awesome. YOU GUYS ARE ALL FUCKIN ASSHOLES. I'm gone you guys just proved its not me,its you guys just hating on someone. FUCK ALL OF YOU. BYE BYE JERK OFFS.

It's not a "1000" that you raced- which may have had 165 hp. It's a 2011 ZX10R, which makes over 200hp to the wheel and has been "set up" to do 9/10's top end racing- vs a "stock" but flashed 14R.

Your comparison isn't even in the ball park.

Best 1/8 mile 5.68@126.4 on a 1.41 60'
Best 1/4 mile 8.87@152.7 on a 1.47 60'

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 28, 2012 03:17 PM        
quote:
quote:

It's not a "1000" that you raced- which may have had 165 hp. It's a 2011 ZX10R, which makes over 200hp to the wheel and has been "set up" to do 9/10's top end racing- vs a "stock" but flashed 14R.

OK i got nothing.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 28, 2012 03:21 PM        Edited By: Wheelie on 28 May 2012 22:31
quote:
quote:
quote:

OK i got nothing.

wee

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted May 28, 2012 06:58 PM        Edited By: shiphteey on 29 May 2012 02:03
quote:

Brutha man, first of all take it easy. You got a problem with some people on this site hey its the way the world is

"can't be everybody's friend....ain't no way man...." -- Janes Addiction

BUT why are you lumping everyone on the forum as one collective united front against you? I don't know you from adam, just calling it like I see it. You wouldn't have found a soul on here, or on the 10 site....or any other site who would have called it any different....save for people who don't do this sorta stuff. Lighter guy on a new 1441cc 14R vs a heavier guy on a "relatively" outdated 1000. Big guy on a little bike usually goes much slower than the little guy on the bigger bike. Physics hard at work. Lack of torque and wind protection on the smaller 1000s.....sure they are quick through the gears....I respect them when racing against them. But big guys pay a big penalty when the speeds gets stupid fast. Its rare that a big guy on an older 1000 would BEAT a smaller guy on a 14R in a roll-on that was long enough to let the dust really settle. It isn't diss on you, your abilities or your report. I was merely pointing out that a "closer" battle would have been some sort of handicap....spot him a gear....give him the hit, etc. Because any way you slice it so long as you performed avg to above avg you had his lunch money.

You can't really generalize the statement of saying this 10R compares to the 1000 you were talking about. A big guy with short gearing and 20-30 HP less? The 14 in this video was piloted by a HEAVIER guy....in your situation you had a tremendous WEIGHT AND HP advantage. When you have BOTH in your corner most don't really consider it an advantage. When I was in situations like that, for the record, and just for goofin off and having fun I'd spot the guy a gear....or give him the hit. I'd spot a buddy 50 lbs heavier than I one gear.....6th on the 12 to 5th on his 1000rr....it was close but eventually the 12 would pass. Guess what happened when we swapped up......TOOTH AND NAIL one of the best races I've ever had, and I've had a lot of CLOSE races where less than a bike length seperate the winner from the loser.

Just sayin. Take it easy. Hit the strip, hit up an LSR venue. Do a hwy run....do what you want. You ain't got shit to prove to nobody.....just don't go lumpin everyone in the same effing boat.

A.

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted May 28, 2012 06:59 PM        
End threadjack.

good runs, 14 shows promise, 10 put up a good fight.

A.

Ignore this member   
BobC

Pro
posted May 29, 2012 12:36 AM        
Not sure how they measured the speed in the video, gps maybe? If it was 198 off the speedo then it was probably more like 185.

Anyway we know the new 14 is quick, at the National Records Meeting I attended in Elvington on 14th May a Kawasaki employee took one of these bikes down the 1.9 mile runway: at the 1 mile marker he was speed-trapped at 197.6 mph and by the 1.4 mile marker he was trapped at 203.72 mph.

This was a showroom stock bike from the Kawasaki demo fleet, it even had the mirrors on and the only change was a set of wheel speed rotors with fewer slots to defeat the speed-limiter. (He knew about reflashing the ecu but modified rotors was how he did it).

With a gearing change and the mirrors off it went 207 mph. I was impressed.

2012 ZZR1400 in Golden Blazed Green
Brock CT Full System. etc
Max: 203.1 in 1 mile (so far)

Ignore this member   
Bad in Black

Expert Class
posted May 29, 2012 02:04 AM        
Damn that thing is a top end beast
  Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted May 29, 2012 04:50 AM        
quote:
Not sure how they measured the speed in the video, gps maybe? If it was 198 off the speedo then it was probably more like 185.

GPS

Ignore this member   
BobK

Expert Class
2012 ZX14R SE
posted May 31, 2012 01:48 PM        
If those cameras were GoPro then the perspective you get is misleading. If it were those cameras then the 14 was much closer than you would think and when he passed and went in front he wasn't as far out in front as you would think. I have used GoPros for a long time and to take videos of someone in front of you you have to be right next to him to get a close image otherwise they look like they are way farther in front of you than they actually are. I'm not saying that he didn't pass but it was probably closer than you think.
  Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 31, 2012 02:07 PM        
quote:
If those cameras were GoPro then the perspective you get is misleading. If it were those cameras then the 14 was much closer than you would think and when he passed and went in front he wasn't as far out in front as you would think. I have used GoPros for a long time and to take videos of someone in front of you you have to be right next to him to get a close image otherwise they look like they are way farther in front of you than they actually are. I'm not saying that he didn't pass but it was probably closer than you think.
Bob i agree with you on the cameras .. The point was the ZX10 was fully modded ( engine work also ) and a stock ZX14R ran him down .. Close ? Yup i'm sure it was , but he still drove by him .. That Zx10 has run 208 on GPS .. it's not slow by any means ..

Ignore this member   
BobK

Expert Class
2012 ZX14R SE
posted May 31, 2012 02:17 PM        
quote:
quote:
Bob i agree with you on the cameras .. The point was the ZX10 was fully modded ( engine work also ) and a stock ZX14R ran him down .. Close ? Yup i'm sure it was , but he still drove by him .. That Zx10 has run 208 on GPS .. it's not slow by any means ..

Lee, I'm sure it is fast but on that day it was all done at 189mph which is probably real speed of slightly more than 180mph unless he has a Speed O Healer so I would expect the 14 to pass him, actually I would have thought he would have beat him worse with what the speed o was reading unless the 14 didn't have the top speed de-restricted.

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 31, 2012 04:47 PM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 31 May 2012 23:51
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lee, I'm sure it is fast but on that day it was all done at 189mph which is probably real speed of slightly more than 180mph unless he has a Speed O Healer so I would expect the 14 to pass him, actually I would have thought he would have beat him worse with what the speed o was reading unless the 14 didn't have the top speed de-restricted.
Bob on the zx10 speedo stops at 189 ,That is is high as it will read even if he goes 208 it still reads 189 .. Watch the video again the speedo stops dead at 189 but the RPMs keeps going up and up .. Again that zx10 has been 208 on GPS NOT the wacky stock speedo ..
The zx14R in the video went 198 on GPS that day NOT some wacky speedo readings either .. If you read the story it tells you it has the Guhl reflash ( top speed limiter removed ) everything else stock .. The ZX10 on the other hand has a full house of goodies including the reflash and motor work ..

Ignore this member   
BobK

Expert Class
2012 ZX14R SE
posted May 31, 2012 04:53 PM        
Oh, I didn't realize that was the case. Makes it a whole different situation. Too bad he didn't have the GPS set up so we could see the actual speed. That would have been cool. Do you know if the 14 was de-restricted?
  Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 31, 2012 04:55 PM        
Bob this is Garths bike on a 208 MPH pass .. watch the video and you will see the speedo stop at 189 and he is not even in 6th gear yet .. You can see the GPS reading at the end of the video 208 MPH ..

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 31, 2012 04:56 PM        
quote:
Oh, I didn't realize that was the case. Makes it a whole different situation. Too bad he didn't have the GPS set up so we could see the actual speed. That would have been cool. Do you know if the 14 was de-restricted?
Yes the zx14R had the top speed limiter removed .. That is why it ran 198 on GPS ..

Ignore this member   
doros

Parking Attendant
zx14r
posted September 02, 2012 07:24 AM        
quote:
quote:
Yes the zx14R had the top speed limiter removed .. That is why it ran 198 on GPS ..
My friend has a 2012 zx14r de-restricted power commander slip on exhaust and test it 2nd gear roll on up to 4 th is the fastest bike from moded busas to 2011 zx10 in 5th gear is like stoping they all ran over him we are very disappointed even the lightly moded busas past him in 5th gear does enyone made this test?

Ignore this member   
JZX

Zone Head
posted September 02, 2012 11:58 AM        
Tell him to stop hitting the brakes. Let us know how that works.

Best 1/8 mile 5.68@126.4 on a 1.41 60'
Best 1/4 mile 8.87@152.7 on a 1.47 60'

Ignore this member   
doros

Parking Attendant
zx14r
posted September 02, 2012 01:30 PM        
quote:
Tell him to stop hitting the brakes. Let us know how that works.
I dont beleve it either so they will come and We will make some tests on wednesday i'll upload a video.

Ignore this member   
cliffrandall

Zone Head
posted September 02, 2012 01:38 PM        Edited By: cliffrandall on 2 Sep 2012 22:04
First time I've visited this thread, great video.......Fabulous performance by the 10, well done. Frankly I'd trade the last few mph on any bike for acceleration and mid-range punch!
Cheers,
Cliff

Ignore this member   
cliffrandall

Zone Head
posted September 02, 2012 05:19 PM        
Just to clarify, no disrespect to the 14 in the video - simply a physics experiment, power is important, so is weight. The ratio can be prove to be shocking, unless you're at Bonneville.
Back in 1973 a Yamaha RD350 in the right hands, was feared by all. It would pull a 750 Honda 'four' from a stop light to 80mph - it ruled the street and the track......Humbling to say the least.
Cliff

Ignore this member   
chuck a

Parking Attendant
posted September 03, 2012 06:47 PM        
very cool, indeed, dont mess with the 14
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 2012 ZX14 Top Speed Run ~ 198mph NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.806438207626 seconds processing time