HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: ZX14R KILLS on the street. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 26, 2012 06:27 AM        
ZX14R KILLS on the street.

Well just got back from riding with a few buddies for a couple of hours. First off i was one of the guys that had the BAD bucking down low on my bike,but after yestarday when the flies were pulled and i added a tooth to the rear sprocket its completey gone. Who knows which one cured it and i don't care,buts its gone. Anyway went riding with a couple of friends to finally test the 14 in the real world.......and OH MY GOD. First guy has a 2007 busa full hindle exhaust and tune,and -1 +2 gearing and he weighs around 205.He has been riding his bike for many miles and is a very soilid rider. Next guy has a 2008 gsxr 1000,full exhaust and he also has -1 +2 gearing and weighs around 190. Now i have a 2012 zx14r with ct single and street map and new gearing -1 +1 gearing,and just pulled the flies. I weigh 170 and have a stock height and stock length bike. Well you all know what i'm going to tell you......it was a complete killing. First off we raced from all different starting points [well they tried to get a race for them to win] but this bike has soooo much power that no matter what we did once i got to 3rd gear and was able to go full throttle i just RAN away from them. The funny thing was with all the new gearing at least 3 times i ran into the rev limter and almost went over the bars,not used to it reving so fast with all the gearing and i still had time to relax and shift and got back to the killing. So all and all a great time,and all i can say if you don't have a new 14 and run into one on the street set up anywhere near mine with a lighter rider just don't try to fuck with him,you'll get embarrsed pretty bad. But again the weird thing was with the new rear sprocket and flies removed the down low bucking was gone. i will let the smarter poeple on this site try and figure this one out. Oh and with the flies gone and dry roads i felt the difference with the flies out. Nothing mind blowing but a nice improvment,but the new gearing stole the show,that was awesome,it's a complete monster now.

Ignore this member   
Rob7R

Expert Class
More balls than brains.
posted May 26, 2012 06:40 AM        
I hear you. The difference with my 07 and my buddy's 06 with a full brocks exhaust is like night and day. With 16 43 gearing and flies out the power delivery is so much more... Well, violent would be the best word to describe it. I keep trying to tell him to lose his flies, but he won't do it.
Current bike- 07 ZX14 black with D&D cans, PC3, 43t rear sprocket, 6 inch extensions, roaring toys lowering links. Muzzy Bonneville Pro, TRE Velocity stacks, Puig DB windscreen, Sargent seat, Heli-risers, and throttlemeisters.

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted May 26, 2012 06:54 AM        
John, if your goin to compare, let's make sure you compare a 2nd gen Busa. We all know the gen1 zx14 smoked the gen 1 Busa. And he weights 50lbs more.. Yes you are going to smoke him as well as anyone else on any zx14.

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 26, 2012 07:15 AM        Edited By: GixxerJohn on 26 May 2012 14:17
Yeah i agree eklipse totally but hey thats all i have so far to compare to. There is a piped bmw1000 in my area who rides with some guys i know,i hope i get to go against him,now that would be fun. And the best part wasn't the busa it was the 1000. We can finally kill them no problem.

Ignore this member   
Kaw Man

Expert Class
posted May 26, 2012 02:25 PM        
John, how did u keep it down
  Ignore this member    Click here to send Kaw Man an AIM message. 
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 26, 2012 03:46 PM        
quote:
HAHA by not even getting close to pinning the gas in the first 2 gears.

Ignore this member   
Greggy

Expert Class
posted May 26, 2012 05:04 PM        
I only wish you hadn't changed the gearing and removed the flys at the same time as now we don't know what fixed the low-speed 'bucking' problem (that I also have when using a 16T sprocket). It could even be a combination of both. But congratulations on sorting it anyway - just help me sort mine

If others work out a non-PCV 'fix' for this issue I'll do it. I'm all but ready to remove my flys and again go to a -1 font sprocket... happy to add a +1 rear if thats the fix.

Greggy

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 26, 2012 05:14 PM        Edited By: GixxerJohn on 27 May 2012 00:15
Hey greg the plus 1 on the rear is great. The -1 one for some reason was not as strong as i hoped. But when i added the +1 rear and took out the flies it's alot better trust me. You can still cruise all day,which i usally do,but when you go to hit it,it's a monster. And yeah i couldn't belive the bucking was gone. You could almost feel it trying to but it didn't buck no matter how hard i tried.

Ignore this member   
Quarter Pounder

Pro
with Cheese
posted May 26, 2012 07:39 PM        
I'd be willing to bet that you'd get your butt handed to you by much lesser bikes at the dragstrip. .02

1.53 60'

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted May 26, 2012 07:42 PM        
quote:
quote:

So that's why you said you didn't catch him til the big end. It takes skill to be able to give it max throttle in the lower gears.

Ignore this member   
Audioboyz

Expert Class
posted May 26, 2012 08:38 PM        
I was riding with a buddy with a new one stock.I have -1 sprocket,We were going up a hill on the highway at 150.I just rolled 6th gear.He said he had to downshift.
Craig

Ignore this member   
Bigbore4

Zone Head
posted May 26, 2012 11:28 PM        
Just wait till he gets his "jet hot exhaust coating" with the "amazing" scavenging.
  Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 27, 2012 06:18 AM        Edited By: GixxerJohn on 27 May 2012 13:22
quote:
quote:
quote:

So that's why you said you didn't catch him til the big end. It takes skill to be able to give it max throttle in the lower gears.
I said i didnt catch who till the big end. I don't think so i killed them both from the start till the end. We are talkin 7-8 bikes at least. And eklipse i want to see you pin a STOCK height and length 14r with exhaust and -1 +1 gearing flies out on the street smartass. With stock tires also?

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 27, 2012 06:20 AM        
quote:
I'd be willing to bet that you'd get your butt handed to you by much lesser bikes at the dragstrip. .02

We'll lets see genius since i'm not a drag racer,you think????? Dumbass.

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 27, 2012 06:24 AM        
quote:
I was riding with a buddy with a new one stock.I have -1 sprocket,We were going up a hill on the highway at 150.I just rolled 6th gear.He said he had to downshift.
Craig
Yeah that sprocket makes a diffrence,and lets face it you have a slighty worked 14,and his is stock. And you still couldnt kill him,and if he does the same to his,it's bye bye time.

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted May 27, 2012 06:49 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I said i didnt catch who till the big end. I don't think so i killed them both from the start till the end. We are talkin 7-8 bikes at least. And eklipse i want to see you pin a STOCK height and length 14r with exhaust and -1 +1 gearing flies out on the street smartass. With stock tires also?

SMARTASS, I know better to gear a stock height/ stock wheelbase bike like that. That sounds like your ignorance, not mine.

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted May 27, 2012 06:51 AM        
"in] but this bike has soooo much power that no matter what we did once i got to 3rd gear and was able to go full throttle i just RAN away from them. The funny thing was with all the new gearing at least 3 times i ran into the rev limter and almost went over the bars,not used to it reving so fast with all the gearing and i still had time to relax and shift and got back to the killing."

3rd gear would be the big end because your going well over 100+ by then.

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 27, 2012 06:59 AM        Edited By: GixxerJohn on 27 May 2012 14:08
Yeah i never said i was behind i just couldn't pin the gas till then. And the last post shows all of you guys ignorance BIG TIME,you wouldn't gear down a bike,well let me tell you guys something, Most of us are street guys here who love to gear down a STOCK height bike and stock length,because we like the extra pull,we all dont spend are time,gunning it off the line for a 1/4 mile. Around here most of the guys who strech their bikes are fuckin tools and posers on a busa,and they are mostly heavy black guys who don't know have to drive a bike. Me i like to ride it like a SPORTSBIKE,and i like to even wheelie now and then. So don't worry lil man how or what i do to my bike,it's set up for how I LIKE TO RIDE. Now go some where else lil troll.

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 27, 2012 07:04 AM        Edited By: GixxerJohn on 27 May 2012 14:10
AS you can see by how many views i get in less then a day,people on this site like to read about what happens in the real world of riding,not what a SMALL percent of people who drag race do. Hey i'll be honest most of us can't do what you,wheelie,smokin,can do. Hell we can't even get close to how you ride. But i really don't want to. I just want to enjoy riding my bike my way.PERIOD. OK. Can't we all just get along,we are all different people who ride and have different stories and experences to tell,thats all. I bet any amount of money most people here can't wheelie this bike or any bike like i can,and you don't hear me calling them out or acting like an ass about it?

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted May 27, 2012 07:10 AM        
quote:
Yeah jerkoff i never said i was behind i just couldn't pin the gas till then. And the last post shows all of you guys ignorance BIG TIME,you wouldn't gear down a bike,well let me tell you guys something, Most of us are street guys here who love to gear down a STOCK height bike and stock length,because we like the extra pull,we all dont spend are time,gunning it off the line for a 1/4 mile. Around here most of the guys who strech their bikes are fuckin tools and posers on a busa,and they are mostly heavy black guys who don't know have to drive a bike. Me i like to ride it like a SPORTSBIKE,and i like to even wheelie now and then. So don't worry lil man how or what i do to my bike,it's set up for how I LIKE TO RIDE. Now go some where else lil troll.

The way you sound like you ride, you sound just like a few of the SQUIDS that ride around here, wheelie through town, see how fast you can go in a 35 mph zone, street race (because you don't have enough skill to come to the track).

Just a little side note, I'm by far "LIL"

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 27, 2012 07:15 AM        Edited By: GixxerJohn on 27 May 2012 14:16
Listen man,i'm just a guy who rides by himself most of the time to just cruise around thats all. There are guys around here who do just what you say,they are young guys who are punks,hell most sportbike guys are.Every once in awhile they want to race me because i'm the lil bit older guy with money enough to buy a nicer faster bike and work it a lil,so they always want to race me. So i enjoy womping up a the lil punks now and then. HAHA you called me a squid if you knew me you would say you are sorry,trust me. I'm not that guy.

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 27, 2012 07:18 AM        Edited By: GixxerJohn on 27 May 2012 14:23
Skill to come to the track??????? So since i don't drag race[ no intrest] i have no skill?? Well you cant wheelie ANYWHERE like i can,or let me get on my 06 gixxer 1000 for cornering and lets see who can ride on an real track better?? Who cares man,you like to dragrace and i dont,so your calling me out about it?? Dude your makin yourself look like an ass. STOP while your still behind!!!! Hey everybody on this site if you don't dragrace you guys are worthless assholes,thats what they think i guess. Keep coming back eklipse keep showing your true colors and i'll keep putting you in your place.

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted May 27, 2012 07:23 AM        
quote:
Yeah i never said i was behind i just couldn't pin the gas till then. And the last post shows all of you guys ignorance BIG TIME,you wouldn't gear down a bike,well let me tell you guys something, Most of us are street guys here who love to gear down a STOCK height bike and stock length,because we like the extra pull,we all dont spend are time,gunning it off the line for a 1/4 mile. Around here most of the guys who strech their bikes are fuckin tools and posers on a busa,and they are mostly heavy black guys who don't know have to drive a bike. Me i like to ride it like a SPORTSBIKE,and i like to even wheelie now and then. So don't worry lil man how or what i do to my bike,it's set up for how I LIKE TO RIDE. Now go some where else lil troll.

nothing like being a racist

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 27, 2012 07:25 AM        
quote:
quote:

nothing like being a racist
????????????? Really thats your post really?????? Another one of the good ol boys coming to his buddies side,because he is lookin like an ass!!!! I love it.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 27, 2012 07:28 AM        
I think a heavy black guy will be posting here shortly lol.

wee

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: ZX14R KILLS on the street. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.73285484314 seconds processing time