HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Drag Race Only Application NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
trganey

Expert Class
posted May 24, 2012 09:09 AM        
Drag Race Only Application

If you were using your bike in a drag race only application and wanted the ecu to only see one gear which one would it be. I've been told that 6th would be the best because of the way the ecu is programed to apply timing and fuel. What is your opinion?

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted May 24, 2012 09:19 AM        
Is there something wrong with the way it is?

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 24, 2012 09:53 AM        
quote:
If you were using your bike in a drag race only application and wanted the ecu to only see one gear which one would it be. I've been told that 6th would be the best because of the way the ecu is programed to apply timing and fuel. What is your opinion?

Ain't that what a TRE does

Ignore this member   
blackbullet76

Pro
posted May 24, 2012 11:23 AM        
Isn't 5th and 6th the same?
BMC race filter
Flies removed
16 tooth front sprocket
Speedohealer
APE cam chain tensioner
Vortex rearsets

Ignore this member    Click here to visit blackbullet76's homepage. 
vailes3705

Expert Class
Gettin Better
posted May 24, 2012 12:59 PM        
Why not just use a T.R.E. ?

1.46 60ft

Ignore this member   
trganey

Expert Class
posted May 24, 2012 05:02 PM        
If a TRE would lock the timing down and lock the fuel curve so it would not self tune against me that would be fine. Then on the other hand if there is a cheaper and more simple way to get it done without adding yet more electronics to an already cramped and overloaded total loss system then I'm for that route. In the end being more consistant and being able to slow the bike down so we can run TG is what we are after.
  Ignore this member   
trganey

Expert Class
posted May 24, 2012 05:06 PM        
quote:
Is there something wrong with the way it is?

I believe it would be more consistant and easier to tune if the timing and fuel were not being changed by the ecu.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 24, 2012 05:06 PM        
quote:
If a TRE would lock the timing down and lock the fuel curve so it would not self tune against me that would be fine. Then on the other hand if there is a cheaper and more simple way to get it done without adding yet more electronics to an already cramped and overloaded total loss system then I'm for that route. In the end being more consistant and being able to slow the bike down so we can run TG is what we are after.
isn't your motor stock?

wee

Ignore this member   
trganey

Expert Class
posted May 24, 2012 05:07 PM        
quote:
Isn't 5th and 6th the same?

Not sure that's why I am asking the Pro's!

Ignore this member   
trganey

Expert Class
posted May 24, 2012 05:11 PM        
quote:
quote:
isn't your motor stock?

wee

NO not exactly. It's a 2x4 with stock valves,cams,etc,etc. Last time out we were running from the high 7's to 8 teens and could not slow the bike down consistantly to be able to run TG. Any helpful advice is appreciated.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 24, 2012 05:15 PM        
Your first question sounds like you want more speed, your second question you want to go slower? lol

wee

Ignore this member   
trganey

Expert Class
posted May 24, 2012 05:22 PM        
More speed would be welcome if it were consistant. We have just completed installing a throttle stop to take care of the too fast part, now if we can get a grip on the consistency maybe we could be competitive.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Drag Race Only Application NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.623053073883 seconds processing time