HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: theres a reason for high dollar wheels NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 22, 2012 03:49 PM        
theres a reason for high dollar wheels

i wasn't a believer until today..i un-installed a set of Marchesini wheels that i been riding around on ..and re-installed stockers .. damn what a differance.. i'm sorry to anybody i ever said it was money wasted... i was clearly wrong ...

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted May 22, 2012 04:07 PM        
Feel a little heavier 1bad? A little slower in transitioning from one side to the other?

Ignore this member   
01smokes

Needs a job
posted May 22, 2012 04:52 PM        
WTF BADGUY I thought you said they were all junk lol

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 22, 2012 05:04 PM        
quote:
WTF BADGUY I thought you said they were all junk lol

and yesterday i'd said the same thing ..1 wheel as good as another.. but the smoothness of just the straight line run is even gone.. its heavy and has a head shake now ... maybe its just the tire .. and the wheels really did nothing .. but everything was balanced

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 22, 2012 05:16 PM        
quote:
i wasn't a believer until today..i un-installed a set of Marchesini wheels that i been riding around on ..and re-installed stockers .. damn what a differance.. i'm sorry to anybody i ever said it was money wasted... i was clearly wrong ...
Damn i didn't think i would ever read that from you .. But i'm happy you found out for yourself that they do work .. That way when i get my new light weight wheels you will not call me a jackass .. Never mind you will call me a jackass anyway ...lol...

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted May 22, 2012 05:18 PM        
1Bad said what!.. there must be a difference.
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 22, 2012 05:31 PM        
quote:
quote:
Damn i didn't think i would ever read that from you .. But i'm happy you found out for yourself that they do work .. That way when i get my new light weight wheels you will not call me a jackass .. Never mind you will call me a jackass anyway ...lol...

i didn't weigh the back tire set-up ..but there was a 5lbs differant on the front from 1 wheel to another..not like weight was an issue for me i just wanted to know.. the heavier wheel should keep my front down tho

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 22, 2012 05:40 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

i didn't weigh the back tire set-up ..but there was a 5lbs differant on the front from 1 wheel to another..not like weight was an issue for me i just wanted to know.. the heavier wheel should keep my front down tho
Keep the light wheel on the front ... Take your front axle and melt 1 and 1/2 pounds of lead sinkers in to it .. You can get 8 3oz sinkers from walmart cheap .. Use a cheap torch to melt it .. Lead melts at 400 DEG .. The bike will still act like it has light wheels but the extra non rotating weight will help hold the wheel down ..

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted May 22, 2012 05:53 PM        
I really want a set of Tri-R rims for the 14 as soon as money avails itself. I really like reading posts like these where there is a noticeable difference from the stock rims to lighter aftermarket ones. I'd hate to drop $2500 on a set of rims and not be able to tell a difference. Thanks for this info 1bad.
2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for a 1985 GS1150E

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 22, 2012 06:00 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Keep the light wheel on the front ... Take your front axle and melt 1 and 1/2 pounds of lead sinkers in to it .. You can get 8 3oz sinkers from walmart cheap .. Use a cheap torch to melt it .. Lead melts at 400 DEG .. The bike will still act like it has light wheels but the extra non rotating weight will help hold the wheel down ..

yeah i know that trick

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 22, 2012 06:02 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

yeah i know that trick
No trick ... Just another tool ..

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 22, 2012 06:04 PM        
quote:
I really want a set of Tri-R rims for the 14 as soon as money avails itself. I really like reading posts like these where there is a noticeable difference from the stock rims to lighter aftermarket ones. I'd hate to drop $2500 on a set of rims and not be able to tell a difference. Thanks for this info 1bad.

i was gonna sell my rims to get a more useful to me 1287 kit for a zx12 from APE.. But if they don't sell i won't mind putting them back on and just un-assing the cash for the kit ..

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted May 22, 2012 07:35 PM        
quote:

i was gonna sell my rims to get a more useful to me 1287 kit for a zx12 from APE.. But if they don't sell i won't mind putting them back on and just un-assing the cash for the kit ..

After reading this I know how much you really want to keep those rims. Another good post for my cause. Thanks again. Now just got to find a few dimes and nickels....
2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for a 1985 GS1150E

Ignore this member   
zxbob

posted May 23, 2012 06:44 PM        
The same can be said with suspension - till you have it, you dont understand !

Bob

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 23, 2012 07:22 PM        
quote:
The same can be said with suspension - till you have it, you dont understand !

Bob

i have 1/2 of it

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted May 23, 2012 09:18 PM        
Hey shithead....you post here but you're too chickenshit to come fuck with me in the Smackhouse you fat fuck closet faggot ball-licker?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted May 24, 2012 04:39 AM        
quote:
Hey shithead....you post here but you're too chickenshit to come fuck with me in the Smackhouse you fat fuck closet faggot ball-licker?

Tell him how you really feel, don't hold back.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 24, 2012 07:07 AM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 24 May 2012 14:22
quote:

i've got better things to do with my time than to post to some canadian faggot from queerbec in the smackhouse..

you can ride on over to 78945 and we can settle this like men instead of kids on a computer..

but you wouldn't know anything about being a man since you been a bitch all your life.. surrounded by a computer life living in fantasy land... step into the real world

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted May 25, 2012 09:21 AM        
The closet ball-licker speaks!!!!

1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 25, 2012 11:24 AM        
quote:
The closet ball-licker speaks!!!!

oh look everybody its the tough guy from queerbec with smoken's nutts choking off his oxygen level ....to bad you can't ride like smoken and beat your own drum ..but in reality what you are is a waste of space .. and worthless ..

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted May 25, 2012 01:28 PM        
Take it to the Smackhouse you ball-licking douche!

1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 25, 2012 03:47 PM        
quote:

you go back to where you belong you animal fukking fag...

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted May 26, 2012 05:02 PM        
here is some more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=PSEYXWmEse8&feature=endscreen
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted May 27, 2012 06:25 PM        
quote:
quote:

Hey closet-ball-licker....suck on this you fat, lying 300+ lb pork chop!

1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 27, 2012 07:52 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey closet-ball-licker....suck on this you fat, lying 300+ lb pork chop!

boring ..and repetitive.. you dumb fukking cum dumpster with a stomach pump for a backbone

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: theres a reason for high dollar wheels NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.763189077377 seconds processing time