HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 2013 zx14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
drewzx-14

Zone Head
Andrew
posted May 17, 2012 04:49 AM        
quote:
New bikes are only expensive if you buy them new. If you let someone else pay the big price tag new, and take the huge depreciation hit by selling it to you slightly used, the prices are actually pretty reasonable

+1 The only thing is, in some cases the past history can be a mystery!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit drewzx-14's homepage. 
cls

Expert Class
posted May 17, 2012 08:50 AM        
Expensive but worth it.
  Ignore this member   
ryn0cer0s

Expert Class
Rider for Life
posted May 17, 2012 10:36 PM        
quote:
quote:
New bikes are only expensive if you buy them new. If you let someone else pay the big price tag new, and take the huge depreciation hit by selling it to you slightly used, the prices are actually pretty reasonable

But, if you buy last year's model, you get a huge discount. Get a 2012 when the 2013 comes out. I seriously doubt that KHI will make any changes other than paint in 2013. Maybe ABS in 2014 or something small.
PCV, SpeedoHealer, lowered

"Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

Ignore this member   
LandspeedLarry

Expert Class
posted May 18, 2012 06:12 AM        
Everyone is forgetting the real reason for the higher prices. INFLATION. As the US government keeps printing $$ the value of the dollar relative to the yen decreases and prices go up. Kawasaki can't make the quantities smaller like food, and the consumer won't settle for less technology. Economics 101. LSL

Ignore this member   
peaveyplayer

Novice Class
posted May 19, 2012 07:40 AM        
quote:

"Brand new, untouched zx 14, 0 miles!!!!!" I buy a complete fairing kit on ali express for 368 dollars. I bought an odometer on ebay for 150. speedometers keep the miles, not the bike. All you gotta do is make the bike look good and put it in a show room. Soon, they will start selling aftermarket for the twelve ( alot of it anyway). I have wrecked twice and totalled it once. I have rebuilt everything and alot of people ask me , "wow, is that new!!??" If you want the new version, fork out the dough.. honestly. This way you know your bike and the fact it isnt damaged internally. I love my 06 though . If you wreck, its alot easier to fix up. Also ask yourself this, "when" will "I" wreck? On a zx 14, you more than likely will ( on roads) ... especially if your new to the powerful bikes. I hope this helps.

Ignore this member   
Obba

Expert Class
posted May 19, 2012 02:16 PM        Edited By: Obba on 19 May 2012 21:17
^ Remind not to buy a bike off this guy ^

" I bought an odometer on ebay for 150. speedometers keep the miles, not the bike..."

Ignore this member   
Bad in Black

Expert Class
posted May 20, 2012 05:05 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

But, if you buy last year's model, you get a huge discount. Get a 2012 when the 2013 comes out. I seriously doubt that KHI will make any changes other than paint in 2013. Maybe ABS in 2014 or something small.
Good points
There's nothing wrong with buying new if you are willing to spend the dough, brand new is always cool. But for us cheapskates you can get some great deals on like new used bikes. I bought my busa new, and picked up my 06 14, 9 months old, with 1600 miles on it, for $7200. Looked and rode just as new as the busa. If your a savvy shopper and know what to look for you can get a lot of bike for the money used.

Ignore this member   
HiMile14

Expert Class
posted May 20, 2012 01:46 PM        
Point of Interest,

Kawasaki has 3.5 % interest for 5 years for the zx-14 back to 2010. Just a thought.

Rob
09 VFR 29,869 miles
02 VFR 121,3__ (I don't know how this will end but it's coming soon)

Rob

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 2013 zx14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.796650886536 seconds processing time