HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Moron caught going 170.... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted May 07, 2012 05:54 PM        
Moron caught going 170....

This dipshit got nailed doing 170 and told the cops he could have gone 190.
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/05/motorcyclist-arrested-for-speeding-at-170-mph/

Ignore this member   
Rich

Expert Class
Just havin' fun!!
posted May 07, 2012 06:24 PM        
That's gotta hurt. Now see, he coulda paid 50 in membership plus 200 in registration and had his chance at the mile in Ohio. NO tickets or jail. Legal speeding is good. Or his local drag strip.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rich's homepage. 
01smokes

Needs a job
posted May 07, 2012 07:39 PM        
I've gotten nailed going 112 OVER the speed limit once. Let me off with a warning because he didn't feel like taking me to jail. It's on video somewhere

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
blackbullet76

Pro
posted May 07, 2012 10:57 PM        
I've been over 170 several times...luckily I never got caught doing so...but if I did, I don't think I would tell the cops I could have gone faster!
BMC race filter
Flies removed
16 tooth front sprocket
Speedohealer
APE cam chain tensioner
Vortex rearsets

Ignore this member    Click here to visit blackbullet76's homepage. 
BobC

Pro
posted May 07, 2012 11:26 PM        
It said he didn't have a licence either. The comments above are spot on, join a club and get it out of your system legally. This idiot does motorcycling no favours as we all become smeared with his shit.

2012 ZZR1400 in Golden Blazed Green
Brock CT Full System. etc
Max: 203.1 in 1 mile (so far)

Ignore this member   
bizzsteve

Novice Class
black ZX14R 2012
posted May 08, 2012 02:38 AM        
What was the cop driving to catch him at 170 mph?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit bizzsteve's homepage. 
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted May 08, 2012 04:14 AM        
A radio....

Ignore this member   
BobK

Expert Class
2012 ZX14R SE
posted May 08, 2012 04:22 AM        
Is he a moron for doing 170mph or for being caught?
  Ignore this member   
drewzx-14

Zone Head
Andrew
posted May 08, 2012 06:06 AM        
A little bit of both...lol

Ignore this member    Click here to visit drewzx-14's homepage. 
drewzx-14

Zone Head
Andrew
posted May 08, 2012 06:16 AM        
quote:
It said he didn't have a licence either. The comments above are spot on, join a club and get it out of your system legally. This idiot does motorcycling no favours as we all become smeared with his shit.

I totally agree! We are constantly negatively stereotyped as motorcyclist because of behavior like this. Not only his actions but also his comments showed his stupidity. I'm not sure what type of motorcycle the guy was riding but of course what automatically comes to mind would be a crotch rocket. Here we go back to our sky-high insurance rates !!!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit drewzx-14's homepage. 
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 08, 2012 07:36 AM        Edited By: GixxerJohn on 8 May 2012 17:32
I love it,this guy gets caught and you all call him an idot,but everyone here rides a zx14 and i guess none of you EVER had your bike over a 100 every once in a while. Unfortunately he got caught going obviously waay to quick,and yes he said so pretty stupid things but we have ALL gone way to quick on public streets one time or another.

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted May 08, 2012 10:45 AM        
quote:
quote:

I totally agree! We are constantly negatively stereotyped as motorcyclist because of behavior like this. Not only his actions but also his comments showed his stupidity. I'm not sure what type of motorcycle the guy was riding but of course what automatically comes to mind would be a crotch rocket. Here we go back to our sky-high insurance rates !!!

well i will go out on a limb here and guess it wasn't a Harley !

Ignore this member   
TH1RT3EN

Zone Head
Trial And Error Control
posted May 08, 2012 10:49 AM        Edited By: TH1RT3EN on 8 May 2012 18:52
http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/240605/40/Motorcyclists-170-mph-NY-Thruway-joyride-ends-with-arrest

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2139076/Bragging-biker-clocked-going-170-mph-highway-boasted-cops-bike-190.html

"According to the Herald-Record, McCarthy was driving a 2007 Suzuki. "

When I was a kid i used to........... Wait I Still Do That!

Ignore this member   
MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted May 08, 2012 11:20 AM        Edited By: MotoCycho on 8 May 2012 19:20
I am sure the "I could’ve hit 190" comment is being taken out of context. He probably was just joking around with the cop in a nervous way trying to point out he wasn't going as fast as he could have (subtext: cut me a break, please!).

Why is this poor guy getting treated like a violent criminal? Fucking hate cops and I hate "safety above all" mothers against anything fun or dangerous crap! Yeah it was stupid, dude shoulda known better and under normal circumstances, be charge with reckless driving and pay a hefty fine, yada yada.. but the news reports, showing his mug shot, like he is some sex offender or bank robber... wtf? The dude rode his motorcycle too fast. He is 25 yrs old, just a kid. He didn't hurt anyone. I hope he gets total walk now.. I think he has been publicly humiliated by over zealous news outlets and the police, who clearly have nothing better to do than demonize a kid for doing stupid kid things. I say lesson learned, let him walk with the minimum fine or plea and abeyance. If he does it again then sure, nail him to the wall. Put some fucking perspective on this already.

Ignore this member   
ryn0cer0s

Expert Class
Rider for Life
posted May 08, 2012 11:54 AM        
quote:
I am sure the "I could’ve hit 190" comment is being taken out of context. He probably was just joking around with the cop in a nervous way trying to point out he wasn't going as fast as he could have (subtext: cut me a break, please!).

Why is this poor guy getting treated like a violent criminal? Fucking hate cops and I hate "safety above all" mothers against anything fun or dangerous crap! Yeah it was stupid, dude shoulda known better and under normal circumstances, be charge with reckless driving and pay a hefty fine, yada yada.. but the news reports, showing his mug shot, like he is some sex offender or bank robber... wtf? The dude rode his motorcycle too fast. He is 25 yrs old, just a kid. He didn't hurt anyone. I hope he gets total walk now.. I think he has been publicly humiliated by over zealous news outlets and the police, who clearly have nothing better to do than demonize a kid for doing stupid kid things. I say lesson learned, let him walk with the minimum fine or plea and abeyance. If he does it again then sure, nail him to the wall. Put some fucking perspective on this already.

I would wager that he has not learned his lesson. He hasnot even bothered to get a license. Now he has gotten national attention, he will brag about this. I hope his bike is impounded for evidence for the next two years waiting on trial.
I hate people who hate cops just because they are doing the job we pay them to do. I wish they would do their job more often.
25 is not a kid in any state in any penal code.
Now, should we punish DUIs and Aggravated assaults more severely than this twit? Hell yes.
Do I hate the "organ donors"? only as far as I end up paying for their stupidity in increased insurance, and paying for the First Responders who have to come to thier rescue when they ride past thier abilities, or the poor kid who changes lanes 1/8 mile in front of him, not knowing he is coming at 160, and cant stop.
PCV, SpeedoHealer, lowered

"Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

Ignore this member   
shawnski

Pro
posted May 08, 2012 12:08 PM        
quote:
quote:

I would wager that he has not learned his lesson. He hasnot even bothered to get a license. Now he has gotten national attention, he will brag about this. I hope his bike is impounded for evidence for the next two years waiting on trial.
I hate people who hate cops just because they are doing the job we pay them to do. I wish they would do their job more often.
25 is not a kid in any state in any penal code.
Now, should we punish DUIs and Aggravated assaults more severely than this twit? Hell yes.
Do I hate the "organ donors"? only as far as I end up paying for their stupidity in increased insurance, and paying for the First Responders who have to come to thier rescue when they ride past thier abilities, or the poor kid who changes lanes 1/8 mile in front of him, not knowing he is coming at 160, and cant stop.

+1000

no wonder sport bike riders get bad reputation... should we call him squid??? i bet you he is one of the cocky attitude people that he gets on the highways and do high speed wheelies and he think he is cool and skilled!!

Ignore this member   
TH1RT3EN

Zone Head
Trial And Error Control
posted May 08, 2012 03:37 PM        
Goldwingmann has been found finally!!!

Ignore this member   
TH1RT3EN

Zone Head
Trial And Error Control
posted May 08, 2012 03:39 PM        Edited By: TH1RT3EN on 8 May 2012 23:41
who cares the article said New York, and age 25. Im sure that will change like his story!!

I wonder if he was running a fender extender on that zuki....

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted May 08, 2012 04:06 PM        
quote:
Goldwingmann has been found finally!!!

LOL, tha dude looks like he should have been on the short bus... Not a sport bike

Ignore this member   
vailes3705

Expert Class
Gettin Better
posted May 08, 2012 06:19 PM        
quote:

Well I am a cop, and I know from experience that those of you that "hate cops" are the first ones to dail 911 when your scared because you heard a noise outside your house.

Riding 85-90 mph would be riding your bike a little fast. 170 is reckless and dangerous not only to the rider but to those around him. About ten yeas ago I worked a wreck where a Buick pulled out in front of a zx9. The rider was killed. So was the passenger and driver of the Buick. Speed calculations from the skid marks determined the bike was traveling 102mph at the time of impact. Just goes to show that even something as light and small as a motorcycle can still do alot of damage at those speeds. Before you blame the driver of the Buick, consider whats know as POP or Point of Perception. Basicly means the driver of the Buick most likely saw the bike but it was so far away that they would have plenty of time to enter the roadway had the bike been traveling the speed limit. That was at 102mph. Now just imagine 170.

1.46 60ft

Ignore this member   
MJ

Zone Head
posted May 08, 2012 09:43 PM        
I agree there is a time and place for everything. And a license and insurance usually shows that you have enough intelligence to realize that. That guy looks special needs, and like most guys who do that kind of stuff he had no license and insurance. Being a cop Vailes I'm sure you see the pattern all the time. I think most everybody on the board has had there bike well into triple digits at one time or another. I know I've did well over this poor fools 170 with gps lol. But it was a deserted wide open desert road that we pre-ran. I keep my speeding out in the middle of nowhere where it belongs
And cops can be cool, I used to have a ball riding with one before he got rid of his bike

Ignore this member   
MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted May 08, 2012 10:59 PM        Edited By: MotoCycho on 9 May 2012 07:04
Look, I am not saying what this clown did was cool or not dangerous. What I am saying is that in this case, no one got hurt, thankfully , and the poor kid has taken quite the beating from the press, cops and now forums. I think, assuming this was his first reckless offense, he should be allowed a little leniency and consideration where no harm came of his actions.

Also, 25 may be of legal age to vote, drink, die for ones country and yes, be convicted as an adult... but that doesn't make a 25 yr old mature. At the very least, one could argue that he is a kid when it comes to his level of wisdom and conduct. I know the definition of "adult".. and I know you all knew what I meant when I referred to this 25 yr old as a "kid". Of course he is culpable as an adult for his actions.. I am just saying that at 25, we sometimes take actions without fully thinking out the consequences. That is why most posters on the thread find his actions so troubling or worse. The average age on this forum, last I checked, is about 42 yrs old. Do all of you that are of the age 42 or older think you made the best decisions at 25? Be honest now.

Regarding cops. When I said "fucking hate cops" I was being general. My experience with police is almost exclusively at the traffic stop level and my hate for them ends in most other situations. That said, I find them generally bossy, know-it-all, bully, ass-hats, that use contrived and insincere concern for public safety as justification to take my money at gun point. I have been issued at least 20 tickets for various infractions in my 26 years of driving and never once was a cop legitimately rescued me from myself. Traffic enforcement is 99.9% revenue collection and as far as I am concerned, highway robbery, literally! So yeah, I hate the fuckers that robbed me for no damn good reason other then to take money and in several cases, puff out their chest and talk down their nose at me. Cops that solve crimes and come to the rescue of folks that actually need help, have my deepest thanks and admiration.. but seriously... traffic stops are nearly all pure shit! Sorry but the stench of my dealings with the safety police has left me bitter towards them in general.

BTW vailes3705, sounds like you dislike people that call 911. Would hate to think that the police don't want to answer 911 calls and rescue folks that are about to be home invaded, robbed or worse. Guess you'd rather sit on the side of the road and extract cash from drivers? Much easier I guess then putting yourself in harms way to protect and serve. Figures! This is the exact reason I go for the .45 or .357 first.. I'll call the cops after to come clean up the mess.

Ignore this member   
BobC

Pro
posted May 09, 2012 12:37 AM        
quote:

Why is this poor guy getting treated like a violent criminal? ................... Put some fucking perspective on this already.

Extreem high speed and the cops only got him 50 miles away when he was low on fuel, here's some perspective:

He IS a criminal and when he has his inevitable accident he will possibly kill other people as well as himself. Is that violent enough?

Give him a break and he'll be back out there doing it again. He needs to be told right now that he's a moron and maybe he will get his licence and ride with more responsibility on the public highway.

2012 ZZR1400 in Golden Blazed Green
Brock CT Full System. etc
Max: 203.1 in 1 mile (so far)

Ignore this member   
bizzsteve

Novice Class
black ZX14R 2012
posted May 09, 2012 05:15 AM        
I don't hate cops in any way, but I understand the frustration of traffic stops. Traffic infraction revenue's are built into many municipalities therefore creating a need for an officer to fill a quota which is completely unfair to the tax paying public. It is simply a lottery type tax any time you go over the speed limit /forget to signal/ have a light go out/have a dirty licence plate you become part of the lottery that is going to pay the municipalities. that turns police officers into tax collectors and deminishes what they do as a hole.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit bizzsteve's homepage. 
vailes3705

Expert Class
Gettin Better
posted May 09, 2012 05:37 AM        Edited By: vailes3705 on 9 May 2012 13:38

First of all MotoCycho, I work in one of the most populated countys in the US so I don't have much time to run traffic. Second, I'm not a traffic unit therefore I don't sit beside the road and "extract cash" from anyone. I have been doing this job for 15 years and have" put myself in harms way" for alot of people in that time. Many of which "hate cops" just like you do. The sad thing is I would even do it for your smart ass if I had to....Figures!!

Oh well....I'm done with cop talk.
1.46 60ft

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Moron caught going 170.... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.761288881302 seconds processing time