HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brock Map Support Database Updating in Progress...today! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
dakota9498

Pro
posted May 08, 2012 07:44 AM        
quote:
You don't have decent advice to offer....if the shoe fits..wear it!

Was that trainwreck of a statement meant for me?

Ignore this member   
Goldwingmann

Expert Class
posted May 08, 2012 07:44 AM        Edited By: Goldwingmann on 8 May 2012 14:50
Kawifast....if you want the latest map, am sure Brock will send it to you upon request. I have it but won't send it out without his permission, as he may still be doing R&D and tweaking it, before final release to members.

It is much improved over the street map on the lower end...the top end is just perfect!

Ignore this member   
Kawifast

Expert Class
posted May 08, 2012 08:01 AM        
Wow...sorry to awaken this thread
I did get two maps from Brock over the weekend, Streetmap1 and Trackmap2, was just confused due to the number of folks saying there was no new street map and wasn't sure if Brock had thought I was looking for the "original" street map. No need to send anything as it appears that is what he sent me, but can't be sure till I load the PC5 program and am able to open the the new map. My bad for the post...I'll just need to open the file and see what it says. Thanks

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted May 08, 2012 08:06 AM        
quote:
Wow...sorry to awaken this thread
I did get two maps from Brock over the weekend, Streetmap1 and Trackmap2, was just confused due to the number of folks saying there was no new street map and wasn't sure if Brock had thought I was looking for the "original" street map. No need to send anything as it appears that is what he sent me, but can't be sure till I load the PC5 program and am able to open the the new map. My bad for the post...I'll just need to open the file and see what it says. Thanks

No need to apologize for a couple of members who are mental midgets mucking stuff up. I hate to think that because of a few bad actors that people won't post to get answers or opinions. There are more than enough people here that are always willing to help someone out, With that being said a lot of these same members are the ones that will crucify someone that is rude, ignorant or just plain stupid.

Ignore this member   
Viper

Expert Class
posted May 08, 2012 08:20 AM        
I just talked to Steve and he said that Brock did some changes on the street map on the lower end just for putting around as he said. If you got a map over the weekend check it out it should be the updated one. I also received the updated map for mr12 and got a street map also. I didnt see any changes but Steve said that the changes were very very small. So I have to check the values even closer to see what changes were done.

Ignore this member   
Goldwingmann

Expert Class
posted May 08, 2012 09:25 AM        
Am glad there are some helpful members who are trying to improve the breed. We have the finest sport bike on the planet....

Most of us are trying to upgrade it for performance, safety, and reliability. Some mental giants resent anyone knowing something they don't.

The last map I received is a pleasure to drive at the slower speeds which we have to endure in traffic areas. Number two and three maps are identical at all but cruising speeds/lowrpms. I had some deceleration popping, but Brock advises it is attributed to conditions and /or riding style, so will thrash it in the next few days and see how it works.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted May 08, 2012 09:34 AM        
quote:
Am glad there are some helpful members who are trying to improve the breed. We have the finest sport bike on the planet....

Most of us are trying to upgrade it for performance, safety, and reliability. Some mental giants resent anyone knowing something they don't.

The last map I received is a pleasure to drive at the slower speeds which we have to endure in traffic areas. Number two and three maps are identical at all but cruising speeds/lowrpms. I had some deceleration popping, but Brock advises it is attributed to conditions and /or riding style, so will thrash it in the next few days and see how it works.

For the most part...

Nobody puts any faith in this user. He has stated at times, that he is 16 years old...that his parents gave him the bike for his good grades...that he is now setting the bike up for his dad who is military in the mideast....but all of this stuff overlaps and contradicts.

Honestly, this person is a disgrace to the board. So many updates, and retractions...and disrepect for the veterans of this forum. To my knowledge, their are no pictures of this bike, the rider, or any serious performance data.

Anyway, I am sure there will be a smartass comment forthcoming. I will not be surprised.

Shane

Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted May 08, 2012 10:19 AM        Edited By: Brock on 8 May 2012 17:34
I have updated the ZX-14R owners group information (in our Brock's Performance private forums) to inform our customers on the facts regarding Brock's Performance ZX-14R map updates.

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Brock's homepage. 
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted May 08, 2012 01:10 PM        
quote:
quote:

For the most part...

Nobody puts any faith in this user. He has stated at times, that he is 16 years old...that his parents gave him the bike for his good grades...that he is now setting the bike up for his dad who is military in the mideast....but all of this stuff overlaps and contradicts.

Honestly, this person is a disgrace to the board. So many updates, and retractions...and disrepect for the veterans of this forum. To my knowledge, their are no pictures of this bike, the rider, or any serious performance data.

Anyway, I am sure there will be a smartass comment forthcoming. I will not be surprised.

Shane

You beat me to the punch.
I think we are starting to repeat ourselves about this kid.
He's almost as bad as the gnats here In the south. He's Aggrovating as hell and you can't get rid of him

Ignore this member   
Ninjawarrior1244

Expert Class
posted May 08, 2012 03:54 PM        
My riding buddy has the same low speed/rpm intermittent kind of a hesitation or bucking affect on his 2012 and he has had it a couple of months now after trading in his 2008 on the newer model. He installed a Brock dual pipe and got one of those new power commanders.....it really is powerful at the higher speeds, but when slowing down around 4th and 3rd gear it sounds like a real radical dragster. Sounds really great, but he says it really pulses when downshifting to slow down, so he has to use the clutch a little earlier than he did in his 2008 bike with the same type exhaust. Maybe it is the longer stroke causing it?

He had the dealer do the dyno map for him, maybe it needs to be changed a little?

Anyone have any ideas? He uses both Shell high test or Mobil high test, and synthetic oil.

14r

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 08, 2012 03:56 PM        
quote:
My riding buddy has the same low speed/rpm intermittent kind of a hesitation or bucking affect on his 2012 and he has had it a couple of months now after trading in his 2008 on the newer model. He installed a Brock dual pipe and got one of those new power commanders.....it really is powerful at the higher speeds, but when slowing down around 4th and 3rd gear it sounds like a real radical dragster. Sounds really great, but he says it really pulses when downshifting to slow down, so he has to use the clutch a little earlier than he did in his 2008 bike with the same type exhaust. Maybe it is the longer stroke causing it?

He had the dealer do the dyno map for him, maybe it needs to be changed a little?

Anyone have any ideas? He uses both Shell high test or Mobil high test, and synthetic oil.

14r
who's your buddy? let me guess.....

wee

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 08, 2012 03:58 PM        
ninjawarrior1244

ninjawarrior1244's Gravatar

Brock Davidson...The Man, a Class Act!
05/03/12 8:28 AM

My CT Titanium Duals really make my 14R perform like a rocket. Was having some slow speed bucking issues when approaching a traffic light for my stops, and had to clutch earlier than usual and coast up to my stoplight, as the engine seemed so radical in compression, timing, and cam overlap.

Brock researched my issue, tested his road bike, determined the fix, and made me a custom map to resolve the problem in a matter of hours.....

Now that boys and girls is top notch Customer Service!! Brock e mailed me the map, downloaded it in a second and results were immediately recognized.

Instant starting, and now it is very smooth on light approaches, and does not require clutching to prevent bucking, performs like the stock machine right out of the box.

It only costs 10% more to go first class! The man stands behind his products and wants his customers to be happy. He has the experience, equipment, and tenacity to be on the cutting edge of power development, and customer satisfaction.

Thank you Brock Davidson!

Ninja

wee

Ignore this member   
Viper

Expert Class
posted May 08, 2012 07:21 PM        
quote:
ninjawarrior1244

ninjawarrior1244's Gravatar

Brock Davidson...The Man, a Class Act!
05/03/12 8:28 AM

My CT Titanium Duals really make my 14R perform like a rocket. Was having some slow speed bucking issues when approaching a traffic light for my stops, and had to clutch earlier than usual and coast up to my stoplight, as the engine seemed so radical in compression, timing, and cam overlap.

Brock researched my issue, tested his road bike, determined the fix, and made me a custom map to resolve the problem in a matter of hours.....

Now that boys and girls is top notch Customer Service!! Brock e mailed me the map, downloaded it in a second and results were immediately recognized.

Instant starting, and now it is very smooth on light approaches, and does not require clutching to prevent bucking, performs like the stock machine right out of the box.

It only costs 10% more to go first class! The man stands behind his products and wants his customers to be happy. He has the experience, equipment, and tenacity to be on the cutting edge of power development, and customer satisfaction.

Thank you Brock Davidson!

Ninja

wee

HA HA That was too obvious

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brock Map Support Database Updating in Progress...today! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.874816894531 seconds processing time