HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: fastest 1/8 ET and MPH possible NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Viper

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 07:55 PM        
quote:
Brock has 227 and climbing. I'm nowhere near that. I need a small shot of N2O to get there. Gen 1 Supersport motors are making more power than I'm making without the benefit of a ported head. Like I said, mine is pretty normal as far as I'm concerned. I just don't think I'm way down on power like I used to be.

Brock has that 227 with MR12 . not pump gas. Right now Wee and Lee are running pump gas not MR12 or MR9. My 14R with the 220lb rider foot shifting and a heavier bike and shorter wb on 89 pump gas ran 5.75 @121 the friday night at freaky friday in all that fog and the bike was spinning, I was impressed with that because of the air being like it was and the track being slick.

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted May 01, 2012 07:57 PM        
So what are you saying? What is incorrect, the mods, hp, or times? Maybe all, maybe none. Its is just a street bike that the ladies get on the back of for hours on end.. Or maybe trolls will be trolls lol
  Ignore this member   
Viper

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 08:04 PM        
quote:
So what are you saying? What is incorrect, the mods, hp, or times? Maybe all, maybe none. Its is just a street bike that the ladies get on the back of for hours on end.. Or maybe trolls will be trolls lol

Nothing is incorrect Its just one thing that needs to be done to the bike and thats degreeing the cams to close to stock. Remember what my riders wife ran on the green 09 Sunday with close to the same mods but stock TBs. She had a 1.38 60 5.61 129. And that was the first time that they used MR12 was Sunday.

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted May 01, 2012 08:22 PM        
What is make your 1st gen zx14s run 129-131mph?
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Zone Head
Old Drag Racer
posted May 01, 2012 08:26 PM        
quote:

Lightweight riders. Riding well.
2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for a 1985 GS1150E

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted May 01, 2012 08:26 PM        Edited By: Bueller on 2 May 2012 04:29
Sam did the same exact number 60lbs heavier. 60' and ET, but I still guess we are wrong. AND I mean exact, on the pass before he ran her. Sam almost pulled out his twin of that ticket when he showed him.
  Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Zone Head
Old Drag Racer
posted May 01, 2012 08:31 PM        
quote:
quote:

Nothing is incorrect Its just one thing that needs to be done to the bike and thats degreeing the cams to close to stock. Remember what my riders wife ran on the green 09 Sunday with close to the same mods but stock TBs. She had a 1.38 60 5.61 129. And that was the first time that they used MR12 was Sunday.

There seems to be much debate about the proper degree of the cams. I just don't think it makes all that much of a difference. I'm probably wrong though. And honestly, isn't your rider's wife about 100 pounds lighter than Sam? Or even more? I'm certainly not going to try to guess a woman's weight though as you just don't go there. I'll say this, she was riding the heck out of that bike last Sunday. She won about 40 races. She only had one close race all day.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted May 01, 2012 08:32 PM        
But we thought we were keeping it to ourselves, so he didnt.
  Ignore this member   
Viper

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 08:45 PM        
Put it this way she weighs more than your light rider and thats all im going to say on that one lmao. But like I told u degreeing the cams does make a difference. But the MR12 made the difference and the bike is only 67" long. I hopeto get close to those times on pump gas when I bring mine back out with the air shifter and 89 octane. But we will see. 5.75 ft shifting and spinning in the fog seems promissing.

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted May 01, 2012 09:02 PM        
This whole topic/post has me twisted in a way i delete what I am writing 5 times before i actually post it lmao. My wife was actually in tears that all this got posted. Sam and I were wanting to race, but i guess we are crap out of luck now lmao
  Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Zone Head
Old Drag Racer
posted May 01, 2012 09:03 PM        
quote:
Put it this way she weighs more than your light rider and thats all im going to say on that one lmao. But like I told u degreeing the cams does make a difference. But the MR12 made the difference and the bike is only 67" long. I hopeto get close to those times on pump gas when I bring mine back out with the air shifter and 89 octane. But we will see. 5.75 ft shifting and spinning in the fog seems promissing.

MR12 seems to be the sh_t. I guess I need to go ahead and get some of that and tune the bike accordingly. It's funny to me when we're at the point where you read (only) and (67" long) in the same sentence. And yes, running that at OBX that night with everything soaking wet to the touch seems very promising.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Zone Head
Old Drag Racer
posted May 01, 2012 09:07 PM        
quote:
This whole topic/post has me twisted in a way i delete what I am writing 5 times before i actually post it lmao. My wife was actually in tears that all this got posted. Sam and I were wanting to race, but i guess we are crap out of luck now lmao

Don't worry Dave. No one around here (except for the obvious) has any clue what you're running on the 14. Look at it this way though, maybe they'll run the stock red 14. That motor is 100% dead bone stock. With high mileage. Racing for years. Right?
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted May 01, 2012 09:09 PM        Edited By: Bueller on 2 May 2012 05:09
  Ignore this member   
Viper

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 09:09 PM        
quote:

LOL. U can still race.

Ignore this member   
Viper

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 09:15 PM        
quote:
quote:

MR12 seems to be the sh_t. I guess I need to go ahead and get some of that and tune the bike accordingly. It's funny to me when we're at the point where you read (only) and (67" long) in the same sentence. And yes, running that at OBX that night with everything soaking wet to the touch seems very promising.

The MR12 did good. I just hope that my bike gets close with the air shifter with pump gas. I may have to drop the gear to 43 if it keeps wheeling on him. yea any shorter than 67, its hard to keep the bike down

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
posted May 01, 2012 09:21 PM        Edited By: BLK ICE on 2 May 2012 05:26
quote:
quote:

Lightweight riders. Riding well.

I understand if you don't want to say, but it is more to it than that; unless your rider is >110lbs.
@ those mphs your bike should E/T better than posted, just saying.
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted May 01, 2012 09:26 PM        Edited By: Bueller on 2 May 2012 05:27
155 and leaving 500 less than the 230 lb guy. Front tire hanging 1/2 track with the apparently sometimes 11 oclock off the line.
  Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted May 01, 2012 09:30 PM        
on my good 60s around 127, bad ones 130+/-. If im off 500 on launch it boggs a lil and runs 130, if not adv 127
  Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted May 01, 2012 09:32 PM        Edited By: Bueller on 2 May 2012 05:34
But the et dont seem to be affected much by it, just tend to lift more in 2nd when it boggs
  Ignore this member   
Viper

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 09:40 PM        
The monster loves the top end tho. But just don't give that 750 a 2 second head start again. LMAO

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted May 01, 2012 09:44 PM        
lmao, ikr. As he passed the island I was thinking I might have set him out for far lmfao
  Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
posted May 01, 2012 09:49 PM        
I understand now, thanks for the info.

Ignore this member   
quick6

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 10:21 PM        
what if I had a 14 with 235hp and said it trapped 140 mph in the 1/8 . is that possible?

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
posted May 01, 2012 10:28 PM        
quote:
what if I had a 14 with 235hp and said it trapped 140 mph in the 1/8 . is that possible?

If the bike/rider combo is lite enough, yes.

Ignore this member   
01smokes

Needs a job
posted May 01, 2012 11:48 PM        
I've gone 135 in the 8th 200lb rider, full weight 68" GenII booza STOCK motor 7800' DA... Just ALOT of nitrous lol

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: fastest 1/8 ET and MPH possible NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21963000297546 seconds processing time