HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Greggy takes his 14R to the (circle) track... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Greggy

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 02:36 AM        
Greggy takes his 14R to the (circle) track...

I thought a few of you might enjoy a few photos taken of me on my 14R at the weekend (28-04-2012) where I was on a rider training course at Barbagallo Raceway in Wanneroo, Perth Western Australia.

Yes I know I ride like a Nanna but this was my first time at a circle track All I can say is that the 14R was capable on the day but definitely out of its comfort zone.

Cheers!

Greggy

Ignore this member   
02zx12rbob

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 05:17 AM        
Cool !!
  Ignore this member   
Ninja Rider

Novice Class
posted May 01, 2012 06:04 AM        

Yes I know I ride like a Nanna but this was my first time at a circle track

Greggy

Doesn't matter as long as you enjoyed it

N.R.

Ignore this member   
drewzx-14

Zone Head
Andrew
posted May 01, 2012 08:04 AM        Edited By: drewzx-14 on 1 May 2012 16:17
That's awesome! Don't worry man, just ride within your limits. I'm sure you will learn a lot about your bike riding her on the track.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit drewzx-14's homepage. 
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted May 01, 2012 09:03 AM        
Cool, not many take such a large bike on a race track, it's always impressive to watch. Unfortunately any competent rider on any jap 600 can flog your ass big time until you hit a straightaway & leave them for dead 'til the next corner.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted May 01, 2012 12:02 PM        
Greggy.........the bike lools great. Real nice pictures. Like said above......as long as you had fun,that is all that matters....speed comes with time and practice, practice, practice.....

Ignore this member   
darrylez1

Novice Class
posted May 01, 2012 02:03 PM        
nice picture,I'm surprised your allowed to do track day without complete leathers.

Ignore this member   
Greggy

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 05:14 PM        
Yeah it was certainly fun! The 14R sat on whatever line I put it on without a mumur... it was so stable - it felt like a rock. For the pace I was going it was pretty good, but I could sense that gong faster and faster would get harder and harder. She's just a bit to big, heavy (and powerful) to get the best out of the race track. I hardly needed any other gear other than 4th.

The counter-sterring effect you feel from going around corners so fast is awesome - it feels odd to push the handle bars the 'wrong' direction' but it makes the bike really quick to turn!

Oh and the he minimum safety gear for the rider training course (that I was on) is jacket, boots, gloves and kevlar (safety) jeans, which is what I had. If you want to get more serious and do the more advanced track courses you need complete leathers.

Greggy

Ignore this member   
blue07

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 10:10 PM        
Awesome Greggy!Cheers!
  Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted May 02, 2012 09:25 AM        
Nice!
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Greggy takes his 14R to the (circle) track... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.611907958984 seconds processing time