HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: adams spray bar - what kind of jets? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted April 24, 2012 04:45 PM        Edited By: MotoCycho on 24 Apr 2012 23:47
adams spray bar - what kind of jets?

I bought an Adams spray bar a couple years ago and it was not until recently I have had time to work out the details and get this thing going. I am about 90% figured out but I have run into a snag. I ordered several sized Nitrous Express (NX) flare jets from Jegs. There is no way they fit where I thought they go. The outside diameter is way to large. I thought they dropped into the top of the nozzles on the back of the spray bar and the -3AN fittings on the lines from the distribution block screw over them to form the seal and hold them in.

My questions are as follows:

1) where do the jets go?

2) what type (not size) of jets do I actually need?

3) are NX flare jets different than NOS flare jets? Outside diameter specifically?

Man, I hate to sound like a complete idiot here, but I live in a town where drag racing motorcycles isn't that popular and there just isn't a lot of places to go look at stuff. I have had to figure most stuff out on my own and this is no exception. The Adams kit comes with nothing as far as instructions. You get a bar, distribution block and the lines to the bar. I also got a solenoid from Adams at the time as well, and they were supposed to include some .014 or .016 jets at the time, but I guess they were out. When I called Adams Performance and placed the order 2 yrs back, I spoke with Garron or Colby (can't remember who it was for sure) they made it sound like the jets were normal off the shelf parts.. were I to actually have a shelf to pull from. Anyway, I missed the closing times for Schnitz and Adams already today and was hoping someone here had some info I could at least work with? At the very least, let me know what I need to order from them when I call tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,

Ignore this member   
Compton

Zone Head
posted April 24, 2012 06:26 PM        
my adams bar i used the soft plastic lines, and used funnel jets. I believe with the stainless lines you need to use flare jets. but i know for a fact i used funnel on mine.

as for jettting, depends how much you want to spray. tech section on schnitz website will give you a good chart. 4 .016s will be ok, i had 4 34s on mine, then went to 8 nozzles with 4 15s a 4 26s.

i would order my jets from http://www.coldfusionnitrous.com/

Ignore this member   
MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted April 25, 2012 12:49 PM        
quote:
my adams bar i used the soft plastic lines, and used funnel jets. I believe with the stainless lines you need to use flare jets. but i know for a fact i used funnel on mine.

as for jettting, depends how much you want to spray. tech section on schnitz website will give you a good chart. 4 .016s will be ok, i had 4 34s on mine, then went to 8 nozzles with 4 15s a 4 26s.

i would order my jets from http://www.coldfusionnitrous.com/

Thanks for the reply. I called Adams today and they confirmed that the NX flare jets are larger outside diam. They said to use the NOS branded jets.. so that's what I will be getting.

Also, thanks for the info about jet sizes and the charts on the Schnitz site, it's good info and others may benefit. I was already using that site and have already figured out the jet sizes before I posted. My question was about the placement and type of jets to use in the Adams spraybar. Got my jet sizes figured out based on the power I want to make.. at least for now anyway.

Thanks again,

Ignore this member   
quikgix

Expert Class
posted April 25, 2012 08:21 PM        
Im using flare jets from dynotune.org. I also used schnitz racing jet chart.

Ignore this member   
MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted April 25, 2012 10:37 PM        
quote:
Im using flare jets from dynotune.org. I also used schnitz racing jet chart.

Perfect! Ordered 4 x 14s, 16s and 18s. Exactly what I needed.Thanks!

Ignore this member   
quikgix

Expert Class
posted April 26, 2012 07:24 AM        Edited By: quikgix on 26 Apr 2012 14:25
I'm using 4 #20 jets, supposed to be a 60shot but we tuned right at 75 more for a total of 261hp with 130 ft lbs torque.

Ignore this member   
samin

Novice Class
posted December 29, 2012 01:05 PM        
Whats best place to drill hole through air box for the line ?

I would also appreciate any photos how to install Adams set!
Especially: how does those long bolts are installed? Bolt head up or down? I have those in my hands, but didn´t figure out it yet if I need to remove "factory nuts" from frame?

Thanks,
Sami N

Here´s one pic from my zx

Ignore this member    Click here to visit samin's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: adams spray bar - what kind of jets? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.616244077682 seconds processing time