HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: green/black front cowl...have you seen this? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
bentz69

Parking Attendant
posted April 23, 2012 05:16 PM        
green/black front cowl...have you seen this?

Has anyone ever seen this cowl? Im trying to figure out what the exact color is. Long story short, I emailed the seller on ebay about the color and asked if it was candy lime green (i have a 2011). They replied "yes", so I bought it. The color looks a little off (more like the regular lime green from the 09 monster edition). I brought this to the sellers attention and they are not exactly sure what the color is. The cowl will be here wednesday so Ill have to wait and see but Id like to gather some info about it anyway.

The part number is k51001-250. I called kawasaki and they said it was a discontinued part and didnt have any info besides that it was green and black lol

I just want to know if its the same candy lime green color that was used in 09 and 11.

Pic is here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=160664680450&si=p5WtX7v5Q6T7Sicb6c97DmkXKR4%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3AOU%3AUS%3A1123&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted April 23, 2012 05:20 PM        
I think it is different than the 09 green and the green on the 11. I think Shane had one of these fairing sets, maybe he can chime in let you know for sure, but I don't think that color had any candy to it.

Ignore this member   
dogg24

Expert Class
posted April 23, 2012 05:35 PM        
Looks like just kawi green to me like the 6's and 10's.

Ignore this member   
SnuffyZX

Novice Class
posted April 23, 2012 05:38 PM        
Hey Bentz
Dogg24 is correct....Its a package kawi made available I think in 07 its more like the original Kawasaki Lime Green no metallic.
Snuffy
Ohlins Rear Shock
MRA Touring Screen
DDM HID's
COX Radiator Guard
Power Bronze Tire Hugger
Clear Alternatives Intergrated Tailight
2007 Candy Plasma Blue (Retired)

Ignore this member   
bentz69

Parking Attendant
posted April 23, 2012 06:26 PM        
thanks guys. that cowl does.look like basic lime green, not the candy

is the candy lime green from 09 and 11 the same color?

i know color rite lists the top coat and base coat as being the same.

i havent seen a 09 in person to compare. i want to add some more green to my black/ green '11 and 09 has the green front fender and seat cowl

Ignore this member   
Rich

Expert Class
Just havin' fun!!
posted April 23, 2012 06:29 PM        Edited By: Rich on 24 Apr 2012 01:30
Definitely not a stock color like the 09. I bought one of those complete sets from a dealership on ebay back in 2010. Howell Motorsports maybe. Take a look here.

http://www.bikepics.com/members/rhaskins/07zzr1400/

This is the set I got from them. Not even close to an 09 green. They did a run of 50 of them if I remember right.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rich's homepage. 
TH1RT3EN

Zone Head
Trial And Error Control
posted April 24, 2012 06:34 AM        
quote:
thanks guys. that cowl does.look like basic lime green, not the candy

is the candy lime green from 09 and 11 the same color?

i know color rite lists the top coat and base coat as being the same.

i havent seen a 09 in person to compare. i want to add some more green to my black/ green '11 and 09 has the green front fender and seat cowl

The green on the 09 and the 11 are the same color. They are both "Candy Lime Green". The green on the cowl you purchased was a limited edition replacement color offered by Kawi. It is like the weird flames set up they offered a while back. like the ones in this previous post (which i think look hideous!)
http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=27&TID=26879&pagenumber=1

If you shop around you should be able to find a complete set of the fairings to match your cowl, Or just repaint and leave it be.

Patrick

When I was a kid i used to........... Wait I Still Do That!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: green/black front cowl...have you seen this? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.650269985199 seconds processing time