HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Denver Co and motorcycle exhaust law NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
3000psi and falling

Zone Head
posted April 18, 2012 09:51 AM        
Denver Co and motorcycle exhaust law

So I was just informed in another thread there is a aftermarket exhaust ban on motorcycles in Denver and have been checking out the details, being that im moving there next month im a bit worried. I dont think my 14 is that loud, full muzzys m10 m14.
So buy a stock exhaust or just say screw it and ride?

Flies pulled, 16-42, BMC street, 8" extensions, drag shock, cut pan, Cycle Concepts Drag Pack and springs, muzzy m14 w/ oval can, lowered, Shinco usoft rear, pcv with autotune, leightweight Shori 18ah battery, throttle meister. 500lbs at bandimeres scales with half tank of juice.

Ignore this member   
CraZX14

Expert Class
posted April 18, 2012 10:17 AM        
Denver - and the entire People's Republic of California (where I live). I can tell you that more bikes than not have aftermarket stuff out here. On the bright side, it looks like the AMA is trying to revoke such nonsense...

http://www.exhaust-notes.com/denver-outlaws-aftermarket-exhausts.html

Ignore this member   
3000psi and falling

Zone Head
posted April 18, 2012 10:50 AM        
From what im reading, it looks like there targeting very loud bikes and bikers who are reving motors and being,.. well as southpark puts it "fags". Stiil it would be nice to hear from a guy in the denver area on this subject.
Flies pulled, 16-42, BMC street, 8" extensions, drag shock, cut pan, Cycle Concepts Drag Pack and springs, muzzy m14 w/ oval can, lowered, Shinco usoft rear, pcv with autotune, leightweight Shori 18ah battery, throttle meister. 500lbs at bandimeres scales with half tank of juice.

Ignore this member   
CraZX14

Expert Class
posted April 18, 2012 11:03 AM        
quote:
From what im reading, it looks like there targeting very loud bikes and bikers who are reving motors and being,.. well as southpark puts it "fags". Stiil it would be nice to hear from a guy in the denver area on this subject.

Not from Denver, but I'd think this would be acurate. I never "advertise" my exhaust in heavily populated areas, and I've also never had an issue with police.

Ignore this member   
Bad in Black

Expert Class
posted April 18, 2012 12:26 PM        
quote:
Do a search, there's a bike forum for Denver riders. I read it some a few years back trying to find ways to deal with my huge power loss at high elevations like my area and Denver. I don't remember the site's name tho. I think it was mile high riders or something like that? They do have a ban in the city limits on aftermarket exhausts. I would prolly try and just avoid the city itself with your bike, or cruise nice and quiet like in town, and hope for the best?

And btw gearing is your best friend for high elevation....gear that puppy down. Otherwise the usual mods, which it sounds like you already have help, like exhaust, filter, pc, timing advancer.
The best cure for mile-high performance loss is boost tho

Ignore this member   
3000psi and falling

Zone Head
posted April 18, 2012 12:57 PM        
Thanks, I just changed the front sprocket this morning, So now im one down in front and 43 rear.

Ignore this member   
Bad in Black

Expert Class
posted April 19, 2012 09:34 AM        
Thats the same amount I went down on my busa, 16/42, which is -1 in front and +2 in the rear....helped alot My boosted 14 is still +1 in the rear, because at a mile up even a turbo bike can use a little help lol.
  Ignore this member   
Denver zx 14

Novice Class
posted April 19, 2012 04:20 PM        
I've been riding motorcycles here in Denver for 38 years now and I have ALWAYS installed an after market exhaust on the bike I was riding and had absolutely ZERO problems with the police. I and all of my friends ride around with Brock's pipes, Muzzy's etc... and I don't think I know any one who has been pulled over for loud pipes. Honestly, stock pipes are more rare here than performance pipes. I'm not sure where you are getting your information,but it couldn't be more incorrect. If there is a ban, they don't enforce it. You are right about the altitude though. The fastest Brocked out ZX 14 up here is 9.90 @ 143 on MR 12. That guy is a friend of mine and he is a police officer! Performance gets even worse when you cross some of the 12000 foot mountain passes but man is it ever worth it! This is some of the most beautiful riding scenery in the world, so hurry up and get here. You're gonna love it!!
  Ignore this member   
3000psi and falling

Zone Head
posted April 19, 2012 04:45 PM        
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I just finished lowering the bike with a new set of links (the old ones were to low and to high) So I tried t-rex ones and there perfect. Checking/setting valve lash, plugs n such and im mounting a set of new tires so the bike will be good to go for a long time once im moved over there.

Ignore this member   
3000psi and falling

Zone Head
posted April 19, 2012 04:51 PM        
Oh and the bikes being lower an inch now should help bring it back down into thicker air and make more hp right?

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Denver Co and motorcycle exhaust law NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.891382932663 seconds processing time