HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: auto shift box NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
killer 14

Expert Class
posted April 05, 2012 01:26 PM        
auto shift box

Hey guys I'm interested in a auto shift box by mps but don't know with what setup I should go with mps has more than one. Could I still shift with the horn if I pull the chip? Also with the auto shift do u have to fill the bottle separated or could u use the air shifter pump ? Little confuse but really like it lol thanks guys

Ignore this member     
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted April 05, 2012 01:36 PM        
You can do both ... you can have a shift button and the auto shift .. I have mine set up that way ... You can use co2 or N20 or a cheap air pump .. If you use N20 or CO2 you need a DOT high pressure bottle ... If you use a pump you can use a low pressure bottle ...Low pressure you will have to pump it up after every run .. CO2 or N20 in a one pound bottle you can get 400 + shifts before refilling it ...

Ignore this member   
killer 14

Expert Class
posted April 05, 2012 01:43 PM        
quote:
You can do both ... you can have a shift button and the auto shift .. I have mine set up that way ... You can use co2 or N20 or a cheap air pump .. If you use N20 or CO2 you need a DOT high pressure bottle ... If you use a pump you can use a low pressure bottle ...Low pressure you will have to pump it up after every run .. CO2 or N20 in a one pound bottle you can get 400 + shifts before refilling it ...
wow 400 shifts sweet! So any mps set up will do?

Ignore this member     
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted April 05, 2012 01:54 PM        
quote:
quote:
Best to call MPS and tell them what you have and what you want it to do and they will hook you up with the right kit....

Ignore this member   
killer 14

Expert Class
posted April 06, 2012 08:58 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
Best to call MPS and tell them what you have and what you want it to do and they will hook you up with the right kit....
will do thanks

Ignore this member     
LeonidasZX14

Pro
posted April 06, 2012 10:57 AM        
Don't go with the auto shift IMO. I had horrible results and pulled the shift pill. I've been thumb shifting ever since. On a great track auto shift kicks ass but on any other it is not dependable.

Ignore this member   
killer 14

Expert Class
posted April 06, 2012 02:05 PM        
quote:
Don't go with the auto shift IMO. I had horrible results and pulled the shift pill. I've been thumb shifting ever since. On a great track auto shift kicks ass but on any other it is not dependable.
good to know thanks

Ignore this member     
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: auto shift box NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.26393818855286 seconds processing time