HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Dyno Run #3 w/PCV NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Lsantana954

Expert Class
posted April 05, 2012 09:22 AM        Edited By: Lsantana954 on 5 Apr 2012 23:24
Dyno Run #3 w/PCV

So took the bike back up to HTP, where i had my baseline number pulled when the bike was brand spanking new(1 mile on odometer). This is what i have on the bike so far: PCV, Guhl Flashed ECU, Flies out, Brocks CT single and <0 synthetic oil, 8+ stretch with 530ZZZ chain, +1 on rear. Bike has just over 2k miles on it

These were the base numbers with the bike straight from the dealership, completely stock 1 mile on the bike.
Max 209hp/131tq@10475RPM with STP correction factor of 1.026 stock rear air pressure
41 degree day and about 28% humidity

Today i went there with the mods listed above and the loaded brocks street map:
The ambient temp was 62 degrees with 43%
With the Brocks Map i had a baseline pull of 211hp, dont remember the torque
Cecil went ahead and tweeked it and was able to squeeze couple more hourses out of it.
Final numbers with Cecils Tweeks was:
Max 218hp/132tq@10839RPM with STP correction factor of 1.038 with rear air pressure at 35psi

Now going into today i was expecting some better numbers than the 211hp baseline but i was told to consider the following:

1) The baseline numbers with the stock bike the temps were 20 degrees colder and alot less humidity, it was already raining outside and he keeps the doors to the warehouse open.
2) The bike is stretched about 8+ along with the the chain was switched out for a 530ZZZ and tightened up a bit, im not sure how much of a loss that would be on a dyno.
3) On his dyno which has an actual "weather station" from what he was telling me, that .012 difference in the correction factor is about 8HP loss.
'87 Buick Grand National

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted April 05, 2012 09:27 AM        
post up the chart. Inquiring minds want to know.

wee

Ignore this member   
kaw-rick

Pro
posted April 05, 2012 09:28 AM        
9hp and 1lb ft torque? seems like alot of cash to put out for lil gain. or am i missing something?
  Ignore this member   
Lsantana954

Expert Class
posted April 05, 2012 10:01 AM        Edited By: Lsantana954 on 6 Apr 2012 00:02
quote:
9hp and 1lb ft torque? seems like alot of cash to put out for lil gain. or am i missing something?

Yea thats what i was thinking but im not sure how much of a difference those hindering factors play, the warmer weather, extra humidity, difference in correction factor, extended arm etc.

He did tell me that with his new software he is able to play around with the correction factor and have close to the same numbers regardless of the weather but he has yet to mess with that part of the program.

charts will be posted here in a min

'87 Buick Grand National

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted April 05, 2012 10:02 AM        
Sounds good .. The extra chain will cost you hp ..But those are still great numbers .. Brock said never to dyno this bike with more than 30 psi or it will be down on HP because of tire slippage ..So 35 psi may have cost you some HP also..Gadson and Roaring toys both found this out on the dyno also ..

Ignore this member   
Lsantana954

Expert Class
posted April 05, 2012 10:12 AM        
yea im satisfied with where its at, and with the fact he was able to get a couple of more horses out of her.

One thing i did notice was as soon as he was bout red line and let off the throttle the KTRA and ENG lights came on, he would then just turn the key off then back on and they were gone until he did the same thing again. Dont know if this is caused by the reflashed ECU, the PCV or cause the bikes temps, but they would reset once the key was turned off then back on.
'87 Buick Grand National

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted April 05, 2012 10:25 AM        
quote:
yea im satisfied with where its at, and with the fact he was able to get a couple of more horses out of her.

One thing i did notice was as soon as he was bout red line and let off the throttle the KTRA and ENG lights came on, he would then just turn the key off then back on and they were gone until he did the same thing again. Dont know if this is caused by the reflashed ECU, the PCV or cause the bikes temps, but they would reset once the key was turned off then back on.
They all toss that light .. don't worry about it ..Remember even with the TC turned off it still knows the front wheel is not turning ..I goes a bit deeper than that but i can get into that just yet ..

Ignore this member   
Lsantana954

Expert Class
posted April 05, 2012 10:41 AM        
here is the chart with the bike completely stock

Here is today chart after all was said and done.

'87 Buick Grand National

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted April 05, 2012 10:51 AM        
I've heard of SAE and STD, but what is STP? Is that a greater correction factor than STD?

wee

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted April 05, 2012 10:54 AM        
quote:
here is the chart with the bike completely stock

Here is today chart after all was said and done.

Damn look at that TQ jump from stock to modded .. HP Jumps up better also and holds on much longer .. Big peak HP numbers are always pretty to look at but the numbers below peak tell the real story ... ...That is one strong bike ..

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted April 05, 2012 10:55 AM        
Also, is the re-flashed ecu rpm only 10,856?

wee

Ignore this member   
Lsantana954

Expert Class
posted April 05, 2012 10:57 AM        Edited By: Lsantana954 on 6 Apr 2012 00:58
quote:
Damn look at that TQ jump from stock to modded .. HP Jumps up better also and holds on much longer .. Big peak HP numbers are always pretty to look at but the numbers below peak tell the real story ... ...That is one strong bike ..

i see what you mean by it holding on for a longer duration versus a peak.

ECU was raised 500 over.
'87 Buick Grand National

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted April 05, 2012 11:05 AM        
quote:
quote:

ECU was raised 500 over.
it looks like max rpm difference is 256 from stock to reflashed.

wee

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted April 05, 2012 11:06 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

ECU was raised 500 over.
it looks like max rpm difference is 256 from stock to reflashed. 10,856?

wee

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted April 05, 2012 11:14 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ECU was raised 500 over.

wee

That's not what you should be looking at ... peak hp stock was right at 9500 ( look at the first chart ) ... Peak HP after mods was around 10850 .. If you look you will see the first chart HP dropping like a rock where the second chart is holding and not dropping .. I wish we could see the charts over lapped ..Then you would see the big picture ..

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted April 05, 2012 11:21 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ECU was raised 500 over.

wee

That's not what you should be looking at ... peak hp stock was right at 9500 ( look at the first chart ) ... Peak HP after mods was around 10850 .. If you look you will see the first chart HP dropping like a rock where the second chart is holding and not dropping .. I wish we could see the charts over lapped ..Then you would see the big picture ..
yes the after chart does peek higher, I would like to see the before and after a/f

wee

Ignore this member   
justoyz2

Zone Head
Justoyz Racing
posted April 05, 2012 02:49 PM        
Wee,

I am with ya on the A/F... That's what's important to me. Everybike I have had tuned to 13 to 1, it made good dyno numbers, but at the track I had to richen up the A/F to get the MPH ups.

Lee, have you made any changes to your Brock Map as yet? I know you tipically run your bikes on the richer side.

Ignore this member   
Lsantana954

Expert Class
posted April 05, 2012 03:52 PM        
didn't get the a/f print out but the numbers were in the mid to high 13s
'87 Buick Grand National

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted April 05, 2012 09:50 PM        
Well just got my ct single and pc yesterday,its getting put on today,hopefully ill get more power,and mine should be better to tell because i only have a few hundred miles more on my bike and the temp.are basiclly the same outside and i didnt and a new chain or anything to the bike besides pipe and pc. hopefully ill take it to the dyno saturday.

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted April 06, 2012 06:35 AM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 6 Apr 2012 20:37
quote:
Wee,

I am with ya on the A/F... That's what's important to me. Everybike I have had tuned to 13 to 1, it made good dyno numbers, but at the track I had to richen up the A/F to get the MPH ups.

Lee, have you made any changes to your Brock Map as yet? I know you tipically run your bikes on the richer side.
No changes yet .. Hell i just got the PC last night ..lol.. Brock has found that this new zx14r likes to be much leaner than the old zx14 ..13.5+ zone makes better power on the new bike .. Brock is at the track as i type this .. I'm sure he will be making map changes as the day goes by .. We will all know what it wants on the track very soon .. I will run my Map as is and get some base line runs and make some small changes and see what it wants and likes at speed ..

Ignore this member   
Lsantana954

Expert Class
posted April 06, 2012 07:22 AM        
quote:
Brock has found that this new zx14r likes to be much leaner than the old zx14 ..13.5+ zone makes better power on the new bike

well you know what they say lean is mean, well thats what ive always heard in the car world. I saw the highest number on my grand national running low 13 a/f, but that was before i knew thats a no no for a FI car and the injectors were too small for my set up.
'87 Buick Grand National

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Dyno Run #3 w/PCV NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.46889686584473 seconds processing time