HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brock-I need confirmation NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
justoyz2

Zone Head
Justoyz Racing
posted April 04, 2012 02:25 PM        
Brock-I need confirmation

Brock,

A while back you offered to set my bike up and prove to the world that I was full of shit and didn't know what I was talking about or doing.

We were to meet at the Beach on Friday 25th at the drag strip on Highway 90.
I need to know if that offer still stands.

I have purchased the following:
-BSTs, McIntosh Alumipro 0to6 arm, new chain, lowering links, radial mounts, strap, double bubble WS, Ohlin steering dampner, frnt/rear sprockets, and a AH1, but looking to sell it and purchase a AH2.

Remaining items Needed:
-Pc5 and wideband 2

I return from Afghan on 21 May, heading to the Myrtle Beach on the 24, picking the bike up inroute.....

Also, what are the performace differences between the AH1 vs the AH2 exhaust

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted April 05, 2012 01:40 AM        
Justoyz glad you are headed home soon ..As far as the AH1 Vs AH 2, the AH2 is made to make more power up top but still keep the same power in the mid range ..The new Alien head makes the power of the CT at a lower cost .. It also was built to work with the reflash and higher shift points ..The pipe also uses the same mapping as the CT system.. That alone should tell you something ..

The old Alien head will make great power but will be down on top end HP because of the small core of the can.. Brock also changed the head pipe sizes and collector to make use of the extra RPMs that come with the reflash ..( highter shift points ) You get all this with no loss in the lower RPMs and mid range RPMs ..you are looking at 214+ SAE pump gas on a dyno jet 250i on if you set the bike up the same way Brocks bike is set up .. If you don't , oh well that is on you ...

0 to 6 arm ..... big mistake ... 10 over is ok and 12 would be better ..6 over will only get you 62 inches at best ..You will either have to leave slow or ride wheelies all day .. You want the best out of this bike at your weight you better make it longer ..

I can't talk for Brock if he is going to meet up with you or not .. That is between you and him and has no place here ..You want to call him out just give him a call or email him..

Ignore this member   
justoyz2

Zone Head
Justoyz Racing
posted April 05, 2012 02:30 AM        
Lee,

Thanks for the explination.... I plan to set it up, actually he said that he was going to do it...
As to the wheel base, I am sure I won't have any issues. All of my bikes have short wheel base. Stock WB is close to 59 inches... max on that will be roughly 65 inches.... I normally won't go over 62.

I will get a drag shock soon, that will help with the short WB.. worse case I will add some weight up front....

Thanks again

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brock-I need confirmation NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25348401069641 seconds processing time