HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Are you surprised that so few players offer full exhausts for the 14R because I remember not long ago when 4 or 5 choices would have been out there…. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
LeoVinceZX14

Expert Class
Thankfully...its paid for...
posted April 04, 2012 08:03 AM        
Are you surprised that so few players offer full exhausts for the 14R because I remember not long ago when 4 or 5 choices would have been out there….

Guys:

Brock’s has set the bar high with the rwhp results experienced both by bike’s on his in-house dyno and by members bikes on this forum. If I am not mistaken, until recently (Muzzy), Brock's was the only source for a full exhaust system designed/revamped for the 2012 bike though I believe others are developing systems as I type this as other threads have touched on.

Now with that said, here you go with a couple of exhaust choice questions for the 14R only:

1. To those owners who already have an new exhaust installed would it have made any difference in your decision if 2-3 alternative options with comparable power generation and cost had been available? (Say Muzzy, Yoshimura and any 3rd player you want to add)

2. For people who have the bike, but have not yet bought a system, what 2 factors are most important in your choice right now ?

For the record, I do NOT work for Leo Vince or any other motorcycle product company in case anyone thought that based on my screen name and I will be getting a 2012 14R this year. Just curious what you guys think about this.

BMC filter
Leo Vince 4-2-1 w/ carbon can
Sato frame sliders
Supersprox 42T
Cox radiator guard
DID 530 X-ring chain.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted April 04, 2012 08:11 AM        
Muzzy has a new exhaust for the 14r? post up where it is. You are spamming LV again,

wee

Ignore this member   
LeoVinceZX14

Expert Class
posted April 04, 2012 08:20 AM        
Wheelie:

I am not spamming just asking questions because the options are different now.

Here you go with the Muzzy's link: http://muzzys.com/ZX14/ZX14_2012_Exhaust/index.html

Don't know any particulars about it just saw it on his site a couple days ago.

thanks,

BMC filter
Sato frame sliders
Supersprox 42T
Cox radiator guard
DID 530 X-ring chain.

Ignore this member   
kaw-rick

Pro
posted April 04, 2012 08:30 AM        
would be cool to see all systems dynod, same bike same day. i bet there would be only a few hp difference between all. think a magazine did this with a gsxr1000 a while back. im sure every1 will have an opinion.
  Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted April 04, 2012 08:32 AM        
quote:
Wheelie:

I am not spamming just asking questions because the options are different now.

Here you go with the Muzzy's link: http://muzzys.com/ZX14/ZX14_2012_Exhaust/index.html

Don't know any particulars about it just saw it on his site a couple days ago.

thanks,

why are you set on buying a LV? hows that?

wee

Ignore this member   
kaw-rick

Pro
posted April 04, 2012 08:33 AM        
i would also like to know what are the dyno results between old brock systems(meaning 06-11) vs new systems on the new zx14r. but im sure we wont get those.
  Ignore this member   
mma-tv

Expert Class
posted April 04, 2012 08:54 AM        
I want a single exhaust that isn't crazy loud. The Brock's alienhead is the best looking one, IMO, but the yoshimura r77 is the one I'll probably get just because of the noise. The bike already has more power than i can handle so Power gains are a third place in my criteria after sound and weight savings over stock.
I'll be buying one next week when I have some free time and just started checking out YouTube vids of different brands and models of exhaust on zx14s. The yoshimura is winning so far.

Ignore this member   
mma-tv

Expert Class
posted April 04, 2012 08:58 AM        
Also, for the record, these are the questions manufacturers should be asking on all the Internet forums. It's excellent market research and a intelligent, personable company rep can really connect with customers and build some loyalty. Look at Brock's performance, that company is doing it right.
  Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted April 04, 2012 09:08 AM        
quote:
The yoshimura is winning so far.

For ugliest exhaust. This year isn't as bad as past models, but still.....

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted April 04, 2012 09:18 AM        
Some riders may not choose a Brocks exhaust, but who is doing what he does? And is doing it as fast as he can. Yoshimura does make a high quality exhaust, Muzzy is a spin off of Brocks and the m14-m10 does make really good power, Akrapovic will follow soon with a full exhaust.

wee

Ignore this member   
mma-tv

Expert Class
posted April 04, 2012 09:28 AM        
quote:
quote:
The yoshimura is winning so far.

For ugliest exhaust. This year isn't as bad as past models, but still.....

I like the carbon can because it's less noticeable.

Like I said, the alienhead looks the best to me but my GOD this noise! I'm the last house on a quiet dead end street and coming home from the dragstrip after midnight would be embarrassing with something that loud. Especially after all the shit I've talked about obnoxiously loud harleys with more decibels than hp.

Ignore this member   
ZX14 Montana

Novice Class
posted April 04, 2012 09:30 AM        
mma-tv: I currently have a 2012 ZX14R. Long story short; I find the street meg from Brocks to be just right for the street...(no pun) not too loud, at all, actually. I was concerned about being to loud, etc. I even bought the baffle that goes in the end of the pipe and haven't needed to use it. I also purchased the PC V, and the ECU reflash from Brock's. The looks are perfect for this bike re: 4 into 1 system. My experience with Brock's staff has been nothing but great, and I am sold on businesses that treat customers right. When you do business with Brock's...what you are told is exactly what the product is... nothing misleading...you should also know that Brock himself is known to help a lot of people whom he had no obligation to help, in the after market exhaust world...i.e. "no money in it for him type of thing". Brock steps up to the plate big time. That a lone should earn your business. MHO. Another long story short... like what you want...but purchase everything from Brock's, and be real happy. This is based only on my personal experience...so I am an authority on the subject.
  Ignore this member   
mma-tv

Expert Class
posted April 04, 2012 01:41 PM        
Customer service definitely adds to the value of a product or services I'm shopping around for. I have the same opinion of a local shop that you have of Brock's. MD Racing (mdracingstp.com) has been good to me and whatever exhaust I end up buying, that's where I'll get the dyno work done.
Another reason I'm leaning toward the yoshimura pipe is because I like to do track days and ground clearance may be a issue with certain larger, louder pipes.

Ignore this member   
venomous_zx

Expert Class
2012 14r - low and long-
posted April 04, 2012 01:54 PM        Edited By: venomous_zx on 5 Apr 2012 03:59
Im sure beet will come out with a full ti system.. Wait up. If I remember they only did the 6r and 10r..

Ignore this member   
justoyz2

Zone Head
Justoyz Racing
posted April 04, 2012 02:14 PM        
Leo V,

You are correct, there used to be several companies that would create a product. I guess the economy/demand and trying to keep up.. Brock has done a very good job with this CS and product. The only issue is he will soon corner the market in the performance side and that could lead to a higher price. Just as with the BSTs wheel. He is the only company that's allowed to carry them in the US. Every one gets theirs through him.

What I has been shared with me on the cost of the wheels is around 2500.00, but just as with auto wheel there's a 100% mark up to the consumer.

So, I will purchase the AH2 for my 14R, it's just plain and simple the best product for the buck. I don't have to say it, buy anywhere else you just get the product; purchase from Brock and you get the product, plus the CS, plus map support, plus any additional tuning changes or performance mods he finds.

As to the 2nd part of your questions, It's about performacne for me. Brock AH2, SMEG are very loud, but I am at the track and it really isn't an issue. When I am on the streets, it's ear plug for sure....

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted April 04, 2012 07:32 PM        
quote:
Customer service definitely adds to the value of a product or services I'm shopping around for. I have the same opinion of a local shop that you have of Brock's. MD Racing (mdracingstp.com) has been good to me and whatever exhaust I end up buying, that's where I'll get the dyno work done.
Another reason I'm leaning toward the yoshimura pipe is because I like to do track days and ground clearance may be a issue with certain larger, louder pipes.

You should not have ground clearance with brocks exhaust

Ignore this member   
Rob7R

Expert Class
More balls than brains.
posted April 04, 2012 08:42 PM        
Longest topic name ever. Or maybe not, I haven't been on here that long.
Current bike- 07 ZX14 black with D&D cans, PC3, 43t rear sprocket, 6 inch extensions, roaring toys lowering links. Muzzy Bonneville Pro, TRE Velocity stacks, Puig DB windscreen, Sargent seat, Heli-risers, and throttlemeisters.

Ignore this member   
venomous_zx

Expert Class
2012 14r - low and long-
posted April 04, 2012 09:57 PM        
I double checked myself. Beet does make exhaust for 14. Just not 2012 yet.

Ignore this member   
Kawifast

Expert Class
posted April 05, 2012 02:16 AM        
Yoshimura also has full systems available now. Slip on's coming 4/27.
Akropovich also has full systems available now. Slip on's available now as well.

Ignore this member   
LeoVinceZX14

Expert Class
posted April 05, 2012 04:09 AM        
Thanks guys...

All great comments and that was my goal. A shoot-out maybe 6 months from now would be great if other players stuff is out then. My point was..more players mean more and even better choices for a already great bike. Whatever a person prefers for how they use their's the racers have already proven what Brock's can do.

Wheelie:

I do prefer LV based on past experience with 2 other bikes including the '07, but I am not decided because at present they are NOT in the game for the 14R yet. Just will see where it all sits when I get mine in a while. I take alot of long trips so that is a factor as well.

BMC filter
Sato frame sliders
Supersprox 42T
Cox radiator guard
DID 530 X-ring chain.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted April 05, 2012 05:29 AM        
quote:
All great comments and that was my goal. A shoot-out maybe 6 months from now would be great if other players stuff is out then. My point was..more players mean more and even better choices for a already great bike. Whatever a person prefers for how they use their's the racers have already proven what Brock's can do.

Wheelie:

I do prefer LV based on past experience with 2 other bikes including the '07, but I am not decided because at present they are NOT in the game for the 14R yet. Just will see where it all sits when I get mine in a while. I take alot of long trips so that is a factor as well.

you may need to change your user name to Brocks. lol

wee

Ignore this member   
oldkawboy

Needs a job
posted April 05, 2012 11:04 AM        
Over the years I've installed pipes on my bikes from Muzzys, Akro, Yosh & Brocks. I ran a Brocks/Hindle on my first 14 and his customer service is what re-sold me.
When it came time for me & the boys to buy pipes we went with Brocks CT's and have never looked back.
With Brocks service and the performance & finish of the CT's, a second choice was far away.

Dan

Ignore this member   
dbeadling

Zone Head
posted April 05, 2012 11:54 AM        
Brock rock's. In my book but keeping the stock cans for now.... enjoying the quiet rush of power
  Ignore this member   
venomous_zx

Expert Class
2012 14r - low and long-
posted April 05, 2012 12:58 PM        
Im dying to get rid of my damn stockers....save save away

Ignore this member   
venomous_zx

Expert Class
2012 14r - low and long-
posted April 05, 2012 01:10 PM        
Im dying to get rid of my damn stockers....save save away

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Are you surprised that so few players offer full exhausts for the 14R because I remember not long ago when 4 or 5 choices would have been out there…. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.46671104431152 seconds processing time