HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Gear Heads Please Help Me! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Thread: Gear Heads Please Help Me!
supra5677

Pro
posted March 31, 2012 08:40 PM        
Gear Heads Please Help Me!

How did a stock 1990 zx11 c model do 186 MPH!? This bike only dynoed between 127 to 131 rwhp. Is its ram air that dang good?

Supra...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbR_Ywe-OFcE&v=bR_Ywe-OFcE&gl=US

Ignore this member     
zx12mark

Pro
posted March 31, 2012 08:56 PM        
i bought a new 1991 c zx11 and it could do 172 anyday of the week stock....pipe it, jet it, gear it ,k&n `s and your there if you ask me.those engines ran like hell.ask all the guys i beat..................
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
supra5677

Pro
posted March 31, 2012 09:52 PM        
Check the link. This bike is stock on the Kawasaki test track doing 185 and 186 MPH...
  Ignore this member     
MJ

Zone Head
posted March 31, 2012 10:21 PM        Edited By: MJ on 1 Apr 2012 05:22
Here's on board the zx11 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSG-Ry5byDk&feature=related
And here's the flyby view http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR_Ywe-OFcE
And here's some guy riding like a complete maniac on a zx12...a kawi video sweep lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=1b_ehm89Hzs&feature=endscreen
I believe the zx11 is running at the Nardo bowl? The onboard view is cool....watch him playing with the throttle rolling into that banking at those speeds. Sweet!!!!
And the guy on the 12 is nuts, those foreign guys get away with murder compared to the states
I highly doubt that zx11 was stock though...I read tons about them when they were being produced, and 176mph was the highest I ever read of a stocker doing.

Ignore this member   
Rob7R

Expert Class
More balls than brains.
posted April 01, 2012 03:14 AM        
I work with a guy who has a 2011 ZX14 and a 1996 ZX11. He has like $5000 worth of engine mods on the ZX11. He is pushing about 150 horses and he said the damn is just scary fast. Something about the way those bikes were set up make them feel faster. Also the technology in the ZX14 make them feel so safe and easy to ride. The 14 is a lot of bike, but if you're respectful to it, it doesn't feel like one. My brother rides mine from time to time and he always raves about how easy it is to ride. I got to get to one of those demo rides so I can see what the 2012s are all about. The way you guys talk about them, it sounds like the holy grail.
Current bike- 07 ZX14 black with D&D cans, PC3, 43t rear sprocket, 6 inch extensions, roaring toys lowering links. Muzzy Bonneville Pro, TRE Velocity stacks, Puig DB windscreen, Sargent seat, Heli-risers, and throttlemeisters.

Ignore this member   
MJ

Zone Head
posted April 01, 2012 12:22 PM        
quote:
I work with a guy who has a 2011 ZX14 and a 1996 ZX11. He has like $5000 worth of engine mods on the ZX11. He is pushing about 150 horses and he said the damn is just scary fast. Something about the way those bikes were set up make them feel faster. Also the technology in the ZX14 make them feel so safe and easy to ride. The 14 is a lot of bike, but if you're respectful to it, it doesn't feel like one. My brother rides mine from time to time and he always raves about how easy it is to ride. I got to get to one of those demo rides so I can see what the 2012s are all about. The way you guys talk about them, it sounds like the holy grail.
I agree there was something about the way the zx11's were designed that made them feel fast as hell. I've always wondered the same thing. Maybe it was the rougher engine, cruder suspension, louder exhaust for less emissions requirements, maybe cruder aero's? You're right though, the zx11's I rode felt faster than the first gen busa's I've ridden. Heck they felt almost as fast as my smooth as silk 07 14, but in side by side roll ons I killed my buddies zx11 BAD. Bad enough that he bought his own 14 lol. Weird though.
I kind of miss that raw feeling of brutal acceleration.

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted April 01, 2012 01:21 PM        
i think they felt so much faster due to the arm stretch from the more vertical riding position!
My vmax feels way faster than it is and thats because your stting up straight and it pulls on your arms, more than driving the G's through your ass like a sportbike.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted April 01, 2012 01:31 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 1 Apr 2012 20:46
just ask brenda sue(skinny female LSR rider) what its taking to get a zx11 to run as fast as a zx14

Ignore this member   
MJ

Zone Head
posted April 02, 2012 02:33 AM        
quote:
i think they felt so much faster due to the arm stretch from the more vertical riding position!
My vmax feels way faster than it is and thats because your stting up straight and it pulls on your arms, more than driving the G's through your ass like a sportbike.
I think you hit it on the head Dub Honestly the first time I rode a stock first gen busa after riding a couple modded zx11's, I thought the busa was a turd. We know its faster than the 11, but it didn't feel like it. The 14 actually felt fast, you could feel the g's, but I think your right, the smoother, more forward leaning machines just don't give you the same raw feel of acceleration.

I'll tell you one thing though, the first time I hit it hard on my 07 14 and I went from flies closed to open the way the 06-07's did, THAT was a rush It felt like a turbo spooling up lol. I missed that power hit a little when I pulled my flies.....

Ignore this member   
All times are PST(US) < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Gear Heads Please Help Me! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.222404956818 seconds processing time