HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Yoshimura Japan OK ... but USA for zx-14r !? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
mma-tv

Expert Class
posted May 04, 2012 10:47 AM        
Brock, I have no doubt the bike goes, but I am obviously not the best rider as evidenced by my 11.0 and 10.8 runs last weekend at Cordova. I'll be back at the track tomorrow aiming for a .5 second improvement. Hopefully the track isn't as busy and they have their new timing equipment sorted out so we won't be sitting in staging lanes 1.5 hours between each pass! I need back to back runs to get in a groove and figure out how to launch this thing.
  Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted May 04, 2012 11:50 AM        
That's what DYNO's are for... far less rider error!

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Brock's homepage. 
mma-tv

Expert Class
posted May 04, 2012 12:12 PM        
Far less fun, too. Dynos are great tuning aids, but they're not going to improve my riding skills. Although I have seen those retarded side by side dyno "races," none of that is going to help me out when I'm the limiting factor.
I'll consder a dyno tune when I get over 140 trap speeds (136 now) or I notice any drivability issues. For now the greatest limitation is me and I'm having a blast improving that problem.

Ignore this member   
Busabeater2

Parking Attendant
posted May 05, 2012 04:29 AM        
Nice bike mma, I have a green 2012, I live in Bettendorf, had my bike for a couple of months now and a couple thousand miles, maybe catch up some time with you.
  Ignore this member   
sands

Expert Class
posted May 05, 2012 09:54 AM        
quote:
Question guys in this thread...

Do you like the 'tradition look' with a big elbow pipe?
Our Brock's customer base screams for short, stubby, loud...

We don't spend nearly as much time on this look/sound as a result - should we be?

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com

Not a big fan of loud......As far as sound goes I prefer a deep tone , but not much louder...Riding on the street too loud just wears you out.

As far as looks go I do REALLY like the clean look and shape of the CT systems....Not of fan of super short or megaphone type exhausts.

Ignore this member   
bizzsteve

Novice Class
black ZX14R 2012
posted May 05, 2012 11:56 AM        
I Love the way my bike looks so if your asking would I sacrifice 1 or 2 HP for the look the answer would be yes. Full yoshimura carbon.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit bizzsteve's homepage. 
Flame On

Needs a life
Fuel Air & Spark
posted May 05, 2012 03:55 PM        
I like my 5 1/2 year old full Yoshi still to this day looks good but the carbon fiber is fading .
Might get the newer carbon can style . And I did 175 HP over this other fools slip on ZX14 same year bike of 156 HP same dyno same day. LOL

Ignore this member   
Flame On

Needs a life
Fuel Air & Spark
posted May 05, 2012 04:00 PM        
And my 06 Yoshi ZX14 still kick like a mule with 70k

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted May 06, 2012 06:38 AM        
quote:
Brock, I have no doubt the bike goes, but I am obviously not the best rider as evidenced by my 11.0 and 10.8 runs last weekend at Cordova. I'll be back at the track tomorrow aiming for a .5 second improvement. Hopefully the track isn't as busy and they have their new timing equipment sorted out so we won't be sitting in staging lanes 1.5 hours between each pass! I need back to back runs to get in a groove and figure out how to launch this thing.

It would be worth your time to drive to cedarfalls, very easy to make 20 to 25 passes on a friday night test and tune.

Ignore this member   
bizzsteve

Novice Class
black ZX14R 2012
posted May 06, 2012 08:41 AM        
quote:
I like my 5 1/2 year old full Yoshi still to this day looks good but the carbon fiber is fading .
Might get the newer carbon can style . And I did 175 HP over this other fools slip on ZX14 same year bike of 156 HP same dyno same day. LOL

I think the yosh ages well with the bike, this is my fourth one, a little fading is a small price
for years of great service.

mma-tv

Expert Class
posted May 06, 2012 09:56 AM        
quote:

It would be worth your time to drive to cedarfalls, very easy to make 20 to 25 passes on a friday night test and tune.

Cordova was much improved yesterday. I was able to get 10 runs in before my friend needed help getting his car on the trailer (smoked trans, no winch on trailer) which ended my day. It was enough practice to get a 10.3! I honestly think I may be able to get in the 9s with this bike. That's incredible considering my size and lack of experience.

Also, Byron or Earlville would be my next options. CF is 2.5 hours away, the same as Joliet.

Ignore this member   
ZXedOUT

Novice Class
posted May 10, 2012 08:40 PM        
quote:
Have to thank the guy guy who wrote the tread posting pic's for dummies

Just curious where you bought the crash protector with the yoshi logo? Thanks!
Philippians 4:13

Ignore this member   
bizzsteve

Novice Class
black ZX14R 2012
posted May 11, 2012 05:20 AM        
Yosh frame sliders/ spool sliders and bar ends all off EBAY cheaper than buying off the yosh site direct.
ZXedOUT

Novice Class
posted May 11, 2012 04:19 PM        
quote:
Yosh frame sliders/ spool sliders and bar ends all off EBAY cheaper than buying off the yosh site direct.

So the gen1 part fits gen2 with no issues?? I only see 06-10 listed on.eBay.
Philippians 4:13

Ignore this member   
bizzsteve

Novice Class
black ZX14R 2012
posted May 13, 2012 07:48 AM        
Yes I called Yoshimura prior to ordering
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Yoshimura Japan OK ... but USA for zx-14r !? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.635756015778 seconds processing time