HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Yoshimura Japan OK ... but USA for zx-14r !? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
fullzx12r

Zone Head
French Guy
posted March 25, 2012 01:55 PM        
Yoshimura Japan OK ... but USA for zx-14r !?

yosh japan yes, just a little picture R77J ...

yosh USA ??? so .... NO NEWS ???????????????
zzr 1400 12'

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fullzx12r's homepage. 
Fishhook323

Parking Attendant
posted March 25, 2012 03:20 PM        
Called yoshi a couple weeks ago! The guy I talked with said he had three full systems for sale already but could not get the tech guys to give up the dyno numbers yet! The full systems for sale were all carbon cans!
  Ignore this member   
riaansh

Expert Class
posted March 26, 2012 03:51 AM        
Great looking pipes.
Getting the Gen4 from Brock soon.

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted March 26, 2012 03:26 PM        
No doubt Yoshi will have systems available for the 2012's. They make a great product and they have plenty of experience in the exhaust dept!

Ignore this member   
MJ

Zone Head
posted March 26, 2012 08:48 PM        Edited By: MJ on 27 Mar 2012 04:49
I bet yosh will have the first EPA legal pipes for the 14R for all those sorry californians in 2013 lol. They already have a few for select bikes. They know how to cover a market
  Ignore this member   
fullzx12r

Zone Head
French Guy
posted March 27, 2012 09:52 PM        
i don't understand !!!

look that from YOSH USA :

As stated earlier, the full systems did not change and the slip-ons will be available in about 4-5 weeks.
http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/search.aspx?searchTerm=14260

they says : full systems did not change !!!!! ????????????????

for EPA they say me : There are no plans at this time to offer an EPA line for that bike. I apologize for the inconvenience.
zzr 1400 12'

MJ

Zone Head
posted March 28, 2012 07:07 PM        
If any company was going to give the californians a pipe option it would be yoshi. If yoshi isn't going to make a EPA legal pipe for the 14R then folks who buy one are going to be stuck with those gigantic anchors on the back of their beautiful bike forever. Its gonna suck to live in cali
  Ignore this member   
fullzx12r

Zone Head
French Guy
posted March 31, 2012 02:05 AM        
* Larger header pipes
(ø38.1 mm straight
>> ø38.1- ø42.7 mm
tapered) and a
reshaped collector
also add to the
increased
performance.

so strange ... yosh USA give same exhaust on gen I and gen II ....... very strange
zzr 1400 12'

fullzx12r

Zone Head
French Guy
posted April 03, 2012 09:39 PM        
no one with YOSHIMURA USA on ZX-14R 2012 ???

small price for Full Line ... : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-ZX-14R-06-12-Yoshimura-R-77-Carbon-Full-Exhaust-System-08-09-10-11-12-/130666526774?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e6c54f836
zzr 1400 12'

mma-tv

Expert Class
posted April 03, 2012 09:58 PM        
Is that a slip on muffler in the pic? It still has the stock muffler on the left side.
  Ignore this member   
fullzx12r

Zone Head
French Guy
posted April 04, 2012 11:01 AM        
not, full line
zzr 1400 12'

fullzx12r

Zone Head
French Guy
posted April 21, 2012 09:25 PM        
a french friend, with full line yosh USA

zzr 1400 12'

epd345

Pro
posted April 26, 2012 10:07 AM        
I called Yosh to inquire about dyno numbers and they said they are running into a CARB snafu about releasing them. Gotta love CA

Ignore this member   
drewzx-14

Zone Head
Andrew
posted April 26, 2012 10:55 AM        
That is interesting! Whenever someone gets those numbers, please do tell. I like the looks of the carbon can.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit drewzx-14's homepage. 
Brock

Sponsor
posted April 26, 2012 11:27 AM        
Question guys in this thread...

Do you like the 'tradition look' with a big elbow pipe?
Our Brock's customer base screams for short, stubby, loud...

We don't spend nearly as much time on this look/sound as a result - should we be?

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Brock's homepage. 
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted April 26, 2012 11:43 AM        
quote:

We don't spend nearly as much time on this look/sound as a result - should we be?

Brock
Brock, everybody is not looking to buy your pipes as some threads show, Some may want their pipes to "say" Akrapovic, Yoshimusa, or what ever, kinda brand loyal maybe, I'm sure they wouldn't mind the power of a Brock pipe in a Yosh hehe

wee

Ignore this member   
BIG BLUE_ZX14

Expert Class
posted April 26, 2012 11:44 AM        Edited By: BIG BLUE_ZX14 on 26 Apr 2012 19:48
Brock, I purchased your system because your header design was superior to all others. I purchased the Gen 3 system because I like the traditional look and all things being equal (or close to it) I prefer a throaty sound to a high pitch wail. I wouldn't mind if my Gen 3 was even more quiet than it is. If you had offered a can that resembled the Yosh can above I would have opted for that vs the standard oval of the Gen 3.

Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted April 26, 2012 12:16 PM        Edited By: Brock on 26 Apr 2012 20:38
Wee,

Point taken... I walked a MILE of bikes, 4 rows deep, down the back straight at the Moto GP at INDY and damn near cried. It was an ego crushing rout---about 3000-1 Yosh to Brock's!
But HEY, Brock’s is 11 years old – not 58 and I’d say we are catching up to the big guys pretty quickly. Besides, Yosh makes a BEAUTIFUL exhaust. They were my sponsor when I raced with American Suzuki support in 1998-2000 and I had access to the GOOD SHIT. My 2000 AMA Dragbike Natioan Championship GSX-R 750 Superbike had factory Yosh parts and I was IN HEAVEN when the box’s arrived from Yosh. I am proud to say I’m on a first name/handshake “how have you been” relationship with the Sr. Vice President of Yoshimura USA Mr. Don Sakakura himself and have the utmost of respect for him and the Yoshimura franchise. These are some bad boys, in business and on the race track.

Big Blue, Thanks for your input. We have throaty down --- it’s just difficult to keep the power levels UP and sound levels down. We can do it, the QueitKores work great… but they are pricy.

Brock

MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted April 26, 2012 12:43 PM        
Hi Brock,

Quiet core or end caps inserts are the way to go. My Akrapovic pipe on my "Not-the-zx-14" has a noise reducing end cap insert and it does work great at reducing the noise for street. It's important for me to have the option for maximum power possible at the track but keep it civilized for the street as much as possible. I am sure I am not alone on considering this very important. On my 2007 14, I run a Muzzy M14 Ti system and it's just way too loud for the street IMO. I finally picked up a spare can and installed a smaller core in that can and I swap the cans for the track. Helped a little. My 14r, when I get one, will have one of your pipes for sure, but I hope to see your product line will include a quiet core or insert when I do make the purchase.. even as an extra, I will most certainly add this to my purchase.

Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted April 26, 2012 01:04 PM        
MotoCycho,

We just tested our CT Dual with QuietKore Mufflers - they pass the SAE J2825 sound specs (suggested by the AMA) and only lost 1 HP peak vs. our standard CT Dual mufflers.

That's 92 dB at an idle and 105 dB at 5K RPM... and you don't have to insert or remove anything (:

Brock

WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted April 26, 2012 02:33 PM        
Brock.....I agree 100% with your statement on Don and the boy's at Yoshimura. They have been at this game a long time and have always strived to improve their business and race track performance every year.....no resting for those guy's.

You were so busy at the Dealer Show I couldn't get a chance to talk to you, so I went and hung out with Doug Wells @ the Yosh booth. He told me it was the slowest year for them at the show and they gave out the fewest catalog's and poster's ever. Both of us did note though how packed your booth was....... I take that as a real good sign for you and your company, so keep plugging away and doing what you do best.

Doug got us a complete exhaust and oil pan/pickup off of one of Matt Mladin's Superbike's for my wife's 2001 GSXR 1000 she bought new. It is still on the bike and sitting in the garage. I wrote the check to Don Sakakura.....and yes...the factory stuff is the GOOD SHIT.......... This was 7 or 8 years ago we still see Doug every year at the show.

You are moving foward........and your customer service is the best in the bussiness. Congratulations......

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted April 26, 2012 03:08 PM        
You might appreciate the design.......pretty easy to see which area of the rpm band this pipe is for......

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted April 26, 2012 04:51 PM        

Brock

Brock I think alot of your customers are drag racers. I ride on the street and loud all the time is not appealing to me. I had a Yosh TRC full system on my 07 and it was not crazy loud even with the DB plug out(left it out all the time). I like the classic look your of your Gen III systems and I am considering one for my new 2012 14. I guess I am asking if it would be really loud? I really like the look of the Gen III with the shorty Muffler. Thanks

Ignore this member   
drewzx-14

Zone Head
Andrew
posted April 26, 2012 06:16 PM        Edited By: drewzx-14 on 27 Apr 2012 02:23
When I had my 06 ZX-14, I had a muzzy m14 system with a traditional carbon oval can. I prefer the classic look and the lower noise levels. With the traditional oval can, I do feel like my 14 was plenty loud (I could imagine an AH2). Even though loud, it wasn't that bad. But Don't get me wrong, i still want the maximum horsepower output like anyone who races but in an affordable and aesthetically pleasing package. I do keep weight in mind for better handling. When I Purchase a 14r, I will most likely go the same route. I would be interested in what Brock's gen3 systems have to offer. I also like the fact the yoshi is creative in how they are focusing on creating a different look for their cans.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit drewzx-14's homepage. 
mma-tv

Expert Class
posted April 26, 2012 06:23 PM        
I just bought the yosh r77 carbon fiber full system. Tracking number says it will be delivered tomorrow. I'll post pics if I get it bolted up this weekend.

About the Brock's exhaust, I really like the looks and obviously performance of the alienhead system but the noise scares me away. A guy has one on his busa a couple blocks away from me and it's just too loud. $900 for the yosh delivered is tough for a $1800 CT system to compete with, IMO.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Yoshimura Japan OK ... but USA for zx-14r !? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22744989395142 seconds processing time