HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Karl (Entropy) crashed at Texas today NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
2000redrocket

Pro
posted April 06, 2012 08:32 PM        
i went down at 130 the easy way on a tank slapper and rode it home. i can not imagin going down 100mph faster.
prayers sent.

Ignore this member   
brendasue555

Expert Class
posted April 12, 2012 10:19 AM        
I saw Karl on Easter Sunday and he was sitting outside with family and playing with his dogs. The fact that he has gotten better so fast is a true miracle. He is healing like a teenager. He has lost some weight but that is to be expected. It is great to see the result of so many prayers. He is going to be at the half mile event in Houston, which is unbelievable considering the extent of his injuries. I am in awe of him and his family and the way in which they have handled this whole thing. We could all take a lesson from thier example. God is good!

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted April 12, 2012 11:15 AM        
That is great to hear! I hope that he continues to mend well and hopefully he will be back to doing what he loves soon.

Ignore this member   
LandspeedLarry

Expert Class
posted April 16, 2012 09:09 AM        
Talked to Karl yesterday. His finger pinning and clavicle plating surgery was a success. All tubes etc. are out and he expects to be released on the 26th. It will be nice to be home with home cooking and the pups to play with. Still a lot of healing to go but he has made amazing progress. I know he appreciates everyone's thoughts and prayers. LSL

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted April 16, 2012 09:16 AM        
quote:
Talked to Karl yesterday. His finger pinning and clavicle plating surgery was a success. All tubes etc. are out and he expects to be released on the 26th. It will be nice to be home with home cooking and the pups to play with. Still a lot of healing to go but he has made amazing progress. I know he appreciates everyone's thoughts and prayers. LSL
Good news..

wee

Ignore this member   
H2 to ZX12

Needs a job
two stroke power
posted April 22, 2012 02:40 PM        
quote:
quote:
Karl just called, man it was GREAT hearing his voice. Like LSL said, Karl was in great spirits & very upbeat. His mind was as sharp as ever, some question there ;-) as he was going over dates and events.

He was very touched and appreciative of everyone here who has posted and remembered him in their thoughts & prayers.

RIght now I will stop writing to "Thank the Lord" that Karl is still here and will recover!

hey Vincent, wondering how you were. :-) Making a couple trips to DC later this year (Skins games).
Are you still in NW?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit H2 to ZX12's homepage. 
02zx12rbob

Expert Class
posted April 23, 2012 04:55 AM        
quote:
Very good news..

Ignore this member   
Rajun Cajun

Expert Class
posted April 23, 2012 05:12 AM        
The 26th is fast approaching! I hope he doesnt have cabin fever! I could not wait until I got out of the hospital! I am happy to hear of the good news! God is good...all of the time!

Ignore this member   
H2 to ZX12

Needs a job
two stroke power
posted April 23, 2012 06:16 AM        
Interesting that watching a show yesterday "through the wormhole", the term Entropy was mentioned many times and explained as Chaos developing as the result of bodies and mass colliding, distorting the future.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit H2 to ZX12's homepage. 
lietoome

Needs a job
posted May 20, 2012 09:26 AM        
Very, Very Good news!
  Ignore this member   
entropy

posted May 20, 2012 11:23 AM        
quote:
Very, Very Good news!

my o' my, jeff is still kickin' around!!!!

what are you riding these days?

Ignore this member   
peanut 12

Novice Class
peanut 12
posted June 02, 2012 07:07 AM        
good to hear you back karl get well soon
  Ignore this member   
entropy

posted June 02, 2012 08:08 AM        
quote:
good to hear you back karl get well soon

thanks,

the recovery is very, very slow.

reminder

don't crash hard; always crash easy.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 02, 2012 08:25 AM        
quote:

don't crash at all

Ignore this member   
entropy

posted June 06, 2012 02:54 PM        
quote:
quote:

don't crash at all

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
best advice of all.

Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted June 07, 2012 09:31 PM        
How did this thread get smacked?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
Princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
posted June 07, 2012 10:28 PM        
I licked the iPad when I was reading it - so its mine now....

Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted June 07, 2012 10:33 PM        
That must be some tongue!
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
EastBayDave

Needs a job
posted June 15, 2012 08:54 AM        
quote:

thanks,

the recovery is very, very slow.

reminder

Wow; coming in months late on this. Glad to see your on the mend Karl. I've been absent for quite awhile as I'm mainly playing w/the ZRX1200 these days. I sold my 00' ZX12R to a guy in Fort Worth after a decade of ownership.

I miss it dearly as I still consider it the most fun bike I ever owned. Now that they getting quit inexpensive I might get another someday. Hope your feeling better soon; mending sometimes can take forever. Been there done that! Just be patient, it will all come back to ya & you be back aboard soon.

Prayers & get well soon bud!

-ebd

Ignore this member   
entropy

posted June 15, 2012 10:34 AM        
hey Dave, good to see you alive and still kicking!
For a streetbike the ZRX or something very like it would be my choice.

I too miss my 12, gave it my all, but in the end, it just didn't have the hp needed to pull my TFA to the speeds i wanted.

For the rest of this year i am having friends ride my 2 Busas.
At least i am still going to the tracks, but i sure miss twisting the throttle :-(

Ignore this member   
EastBayDave

Needs a job
posted June 16, 2012 08:34 AM        
quote:

I too miss my 12, gave it my all, but in the end, it just didn't have the hp needed to pull my TFA to the speeds i wanted.

At least i am still going to the tracks, but i sure miss twisting the throttle :-(

Yeah know what you mean. My problem w/my 12 was TFA...@ 300lbs. I just didn't fit it anymore; it became painful to ride, so it sat in the garage mostly. Went to the Sears Point bracket drags a few times for grins & the local twisties once & awhile.

Kept picking the ZRX because it's much more comfy. After sitting over a year I decided it was senseless paying for the big Ninja sitting still so decided to sell when I got a decent offer. I wanted to keep it as a "collectable" ever since getting it in May 00' but just couldn't justify the expense; especially after a stroke & going on SSDI. Just couldn't afford it not working anymore...

So nowadays I just ride the 02' ZRX1200 occasionally when I'm up to it; due to decreased functionality, I've slowed about 80% & have to add time for slowed reactions. Putting less than 2K miles per year on it last few seasons. Still a huge enthusiast & into watching racing, & I spend a lot of time on local sites & the ZRXOA.org site. So still around the sport quite a bit.

Wish I could find some pics on here of the old Ninja. I lost everything in a lightning strike & pc blow up. I can't find any pics of the "beastie" anywhere. There was another ZX12R site 10 years ago but I can't find it- I had a lot of pics there...

C'ya

TTFN - Dave

Ignore this member   
climber49

Parking Attendant
posted July 15, 2012 09:12 PM        
Karl,
Only just heard the news!
Glad you made it through Man.
All the best wishes for a total recovery from the Australian crew.
Regards
Climber

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted July 19, 2012 02:09 PM        
quote:

Your 12 Never Bit you in the Ass like that Busa did either!! :

From Personal Experience (Remember I spent 3 years and 8 operations to save my life and leg) having patience with yourself is the most difficult part!

The real truth is, it is not being young that allows you to heal fast, you must still be "Growing" to heal fast! So for most people somewhere between 14 and 18 they become OLD! I did not heal any faster when I was 23 than I did at 55 years old!

At Best it takes a little over a year! At worst it takes about 3 years! I think you are somewhere in between! HANG IN THERE

I am also enjoying nmy ZRX , the 250 Ninja and Every day riding a 50 MPH Tomos Street Mate R Moped (The fun there is the Bike lanes and chaining to the Parking meter for NO Money and No License Plates for the Speed Camera to get!

Ignore this member   
entropy

posted July 19, 2012 05:40 PM        
quote:

Your 12 Never Bit you in the Ass like that Busa did either!! :

Vincent, the 12 was too slow to bite me in the ass... LOLOLOLOL

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted July 20, 2012 12:54 PM        
I'm gonna have to ask for GPS proof of said 50 mph Tomos! Best I did was 50 mph flat out with a 70cc Sprint 2 stroke downhill. Try explaining a 50 in a 30 zone to them fairfax boys w/out a license/reg/ins.

A.

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Karl (Entropy) crashed at Texas today NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.940613985062 seconds processing time