HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: it never fails with a new bike NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
venomous_zx

Expert Class
2012 14r - low and long-
posted March 19, 2012 06:52 AM        
it never fails with a new bike

it never fails when i get a new bike from the dealership that i get a nail in the rear tire... i have 350 miles on my 2012 14r and i spotted a nail in my rear.... my 2 previous bike were new from the dealership and they too got a nail in the rear tire with only a few hundred miles....... is it me and my luck?? maybe its my magnetism..... is someone setting me up? or maybe the wife is trying to get rid of me and cash in... lol............. anyone care to share their rear tire mishaps?

Ignore this member   
shawnski

Pro
posted March 19, 2012 07:00 AM        
it happened to me once with my new 05 zx12r.. few hundred miles on it..

Ignore this member   
venomous_zx

Expert Class
2012 14r - low and long-
posted March 19, 2012 07:06 AM        
it happened on my 06 636 and my 07 6r... on top of that the stealership wants 80 bones to patch it up... lol. i just put plugs myself...

Ignore this member   
big nickel 14

Parking Attendant
posted March 19, 2012 09:58 AM        
not just you venom, lost brand new rear { 3 weeks} & a front following month. a wood screw, then a roofing nail & i dont trust plugs
  Ignore this member   
fullthrottlekaw

Novice Class
posted March 19, 2012 11:18 AM        
Had a small hole in mine two days after I got it back from the dealer luckily I was able to plug it
  Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted March 19, 2012 11:26 AM        
our tyres are like glue...it happens to me also..patch from the inside.i do plug when i`m out on the road.i carry a kit and compressor.it all fits under my zx12r seat......
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
FearsomeKawasaki

Novice Class
posted March 19, 2012 12:21 PM        
Had my 12r on the dyno and stood behind it as it was spun up. Moved to see the screen and a nail in the rear tyre let go and went straight through the metal door behind the dyno. One of those....fxxk......moments!
  Ignore this member   
Beondwacko

Expert Class
posted March 19, 2012 01:12 PM        
Better a nail in the rear tire than a tip-over after only a few weeks of ownership.

Ignore this member   
venomous_zx

Expert Class
2012 14r - low and long-
posted March 19, 2012 01:34 PM        Edited By: venomous_zx on 19 Mar 2012 21:35
i just plugged the tire now with a plug...... its holding... ive used plugs with success and no fail... it held all the way till my white threads where showing in the tire... (ya i really used to get everything i could out of my tires) but i dont go hauling ass very often...its rare.... plugs will hold if done right...but ya i prefer patches from the inside... i just dont have the tools right now to remove the tire from rim to put patch... and the dealership charging 80 bux to do it...

side not: thats true beondwacko

Ignore this member   
Bigbore4

Zone Head
posted March 20, 2012 12:42 AM        
I'll plug a rear and run it out. Been using plugs for 30 years and never had one fail.
Front's a different story though. I'll plug a front but change it out at first chance.

Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted March 20, 2012 11:37 AM        
quote:
I'll plug a rear and run it out. Been using plugs for 30 years and never had one fail.
Front's a different story though. I'll plug a front but change it out at first chance.

I had a rear michelin with 3 plugs...no problems!!!

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted March 20, 2012 01:41 PM        
*knock on wood* I'm over 10 years I've never had a nail in my tire!

Ignore this member   
lucassm

Novice Class
lucassm
posted March 30, 2012 05:25 PM        
Had it happen on brand new tire on my Suzuki, I plugged it but didnt ride on it long. wate of money lol but one of thoes things that happens.
  Ignore this member   
venomous_zx

Expert Class
2012 14r - low and long-
posted March 30, 2012 05:56 PM        
love me some tire plugs cause they really work... ive ben reading about mushroom shaped plugs. they are a cool idea but drawback is they dont use glue.. they have a tendency to fall into your tire. oops

Ignore this member   
blackbullet76

Pro
posted March 30, 2012 10:29 PM        
Just had a new rear tire mounted on my 2001 ZX-6R (my first bike) and didn't get maybe 50 miles out of it and got a nail in it. I noticed it riding funny, so I pulled over and saw the nail and it was losing air pretty fast. Made it to a market that had an air pump outside. That got me home in time. I ended up plugging the tire and did some mega burnouts...then got another tire. Had better luck with that one :-)
BMC race filter
Flies removed
16 tooth front sprocket
Speedohealer
APE cam chain tensioner
Vortex rearsets

Ignore this member    Click here to visit blackbullet76's homepage. 
venomous_zx

Expert Class
2012 14r - low and long-
posted March 31, 2012 03:24 AM        
thats a fast way to seal the plug in.... do burnouts.. lol

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: it never fails with a new bike NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22280502319336 seconds processing time