HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brembo T-Drive 330mm front rotors NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
rspauldi

Novice Class
posted March 17, 2012 02:20 PM        
Brembo T-Drive 330mm front rotors

I have been upgrading the front brake system on my 09 ZX14. Went with the Beringer BR14 front master cylinder 1st. it works well, especially during a panic stop when you're really applying pressure to the lever. Next Goodridge SS brake line. After that I went with the Beringer brake calipers, been bleeding them till my fingers are raw, used the mitivac, used the technique where constant pressure is applied for 24hrs, rerouted cables so there is no low spots for little air bubbles to hide. The brake is ok but I want it rock hard with no mushy feel.... still trying, if someone has a new approach to rid the system of air then I am all ears...

Lastly I bought the new "T" drive rotors from Brembo. Took the bike out for an ops check and found the the floating rotors were rattling so loud that I thought nuts and bolts were falling off the bike. I could even feel it on the bars when the brakes are first applied. a little clunk feel... I have had full floating rotors on some motorcross bikes that I have had and they do rattle just a little bit but nothing like this....

Has anyone else experienced the same type problem with the Brembo t-drive rotors?

Ignore this member   
dcjens

Pro
Wet side of Washington
posted March 17, 2012 03:41 PM        
I just put new rotors, front forks, calipers on today. I bled out the longest side first (left) then a little out of the right. It didnt feel good until I bled out the master last. very little had to come out to bring it crisp and right where you expect it. I guess on the steps cause i couldnt find my manual. It works great so far..no test drive (damn winter) all stock stuff. D

Ignore this member   
rspauldi

Novice Class
posted March 17, 2012 07:20 PM        
what kind of rotors did u end up going with? These new "t" drives from Brembo are supposed to be the best. But it is down right embaressing to hit a small bump and have the bike rattle like some wore out, loose piece of junk.... So far i hate them.. I can't believe this is the best Brembo has to offer....
  Ignore this member   
rspauldi

Novice Class
posted April 09, 2012 04:43 PM        
Lets try this.... I didn't get much in the way of responces to the last message I sent. I decided to make a small video of just how noisy these rotors really are...now lets see if I can upload the video correctly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxwhFlQSzUI&feature=player_detailpage

Ignore this member   
rspauldi

Novice Class
posted April 09, 2012 04:50 PM        
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxwhFlQSzUI&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnGutiz7wVs&feature=channel

I am trying to get these to show up as a link.....

Ignore this member   
rspauldi

Novice Class
posted April 09, 2012 04:53 PM        
Sheezz, I give.... If you are thinking of buying the Brembo T drive rotors I would highly recommend copy and pasting the above links into the address bar...
  Ignore this member   
Lucky14

Pro
posted April 09, 2012 05:21 PM        

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted April 09, 2012 06:08 PM        
I would contact Brembo and see what they say, send them that video. Something is wrong there. Nice Calipers BTW.

Ignore this member   
dcjens

Pro
Wet side of Washington
posted April 09, 2012 07:34 PM        
Thanks for the assist..wow Im glad I didnt spring for those rattly ass parts..no offense to you having done it. Id be disappointed if thats the" best" I havent looked at this thread but I went with this seasons stack of stock rotors. Theyre quiet at least. After a few rides this weekend..my fronts work good as new...again. embarassing bike noise doesnt go good here either..cam chain noise gone for good.

Ignore this member   
rspauldi

Novice Class
posted April 09, 2012 07:44 PM        
Ha! nice job Lucky and thank you for posting the video so others can see/hear the type of noise generatetaed by these rotors.

It's really embarressing.. picture this.... you've beeen working/cleaning on the bike so you can take it out and show off all the new goodies to all your motorcycle buddies. You finally pull up in ur buddies driveway smilin to show off how nice the bike is running/looks and you hit the lil bump in the driveway and the bike rattles like its going to fall apart. well you don't get smiles but rather a looks of concern saying what the heck is that ?????? sounds like the frontend is falling off..... and all this for $790.

Ed, I have been trying to contact Brembo, a sales rep or tech rep but I can not find the right contact info. If anyone knows a good contact at Brembo please pass it along, I firmly believe there may be a manufacturing defect....
rick
214-315-4370

Ignore this member   
rspauldi

Novice Class
posted April 09, 2012 08:03 PM        
Hi Dcjens, Don't compeletly write the rotors off, it's my understanding the T- drives that I have are some of the first off the assembly line for the ZX14. They are very popular with the liter bike crowd but not so much with the big bikes. Brembo is a very large company with a great reputation. I believe if I can talk to, or show the right person the problems I am having that the wrong will be righted. So far no luck finding this person but this forum has experts that have used Brembo products for many years...... so, I am hoping to contact the right person and get this problem fixed......... but for now, my $790 rotors are on the shelf collecting dust
  Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted April 10, 2012 08:55 AM        
Start with the place you bought them from. They should be able to help you with the situation.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted April 10, 2012 09:31 AM        
Fully floating rotors rattle. You don't see them from the factory...they are noisy.
  Ignore this member   
DogoZX

Expert Class
posted April 10, 2012 09:43 AM        
quote:
Fully floating rotors rattle. You don't see them from the factory...they are noisy.

2nd

I have them on my 14 and 10r... I'm selling my 14 w/o them because I know most potential buyers will not know that and think something is wrong.

Light pressure on the front brake, when jumping the curb into your Buddy's driveway, will stop rattle... Late braking and stuffing them in a corner will stop the heckling.

Ignore this member   
rspauldi

Novice Class
posted April 10, 2012 10:53 AM        
thanks for the input.. I have had full floaters on quite a few of my motocross bikes and they never rattled like that.... Someone had said that there is a difference in the caliper for a full floater and a fixed rotor, anyone ever hear of that?

Shane and Dogo, did ur full floaters make the kind of noise that can be heard in the short video?

Does anyone have a contact at Brembo?

Thanks,
Rick.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted April 10, 2012 01:14 PM        
I haven't mounted my full floaters yet...but have heard plenty of them rattle in the pits, on other bikes.

Full floaters are for racing apps....unless you like to hear them rattle.

Shane

Ignore this member   
DogoZX

Expert Class
posted April 10, 2012 10:03 PM        
quote:
Shane and Dogo, did ur full floaters make the kind of noise that can be heard in the short video?

I think my BrakeTechs Axis' are even louder than your T-Drives... My BrakeTech ductiles are about the same. Never heard of needing special calipers for full floaters.

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted April 13, 2012 07:44 PM        
How much were those calipers?

Ignore this member   
kawanator

Novice Class
posted April 15, 2012 03:52 AM        Edited By: kawanator on 15 Apr 2012 10:55
Why not put a dab of silicon on the mounting bolts ? will allow them to float but take away the rattle, that is , stop the metal to metal contact. I am thinking that they will be held more tightly with the silicon, but will atill be able to move when required !!!
Maybe a dumb comment but I tried hehehe.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted May 19, 2012 09:01 AM        
Does anyone have a part number for the 330 mm Brembo rotors??

Shane

Ignore this member   
Bigbore4

Zone Head
posted May 19, 2012 09:38 AM        
Sorry guys, But if you're not using the "PFM" Superbike brakes, then you're not using the best there is.
Everyone thinks "Brembo", but go ride a bike with the PFM's, ductile iron rotors and their calipers, then decide.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted May 19, 2012 09:50 AM        Edited By: Shane661 on 19 May 2012 16:52
quote:
Sorry guys, But if you're not using the "PFM" Superbike brakes, then you're not using the best there is.
Everyone thinks "Brembo", but go ride a bike with the PFM's, ductile iron rotors and their calipers, then decide.

What size are their 14 rotors? Do you have a link for more info? Thanks!

Ignore this member   
Bigbore4

Zone Head
posted May 19, 2012 09:29 PM        
http://www.west-performance.com/pfmbrakes.php
  Ignore this member   
Bigbore4

Zone Head
posted May 19, 2012 09:29 PM        
http://www.thestopshop.co.uk/index.php
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brembo T-Drive 330mm front rotors NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.871406078339 seconds processing time