HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Vouch for COMPTON? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Rook

Pro
posted February 15, 2012 08:56 PM        
You keep it up Compton is gonna hold off on delivery just to make me sh!t myself.
  Ignore this member   
NINJA12

Needs a job
posted February 16, 2012 03:39 AM        
Compton is a good guy, I have bought from him and everything met or beat expectation.
Buying more stuff today.

Nothing wrong with asking about members you don't know.
We should stick together to avoid the "XOXOXO IS A CROOK " threads.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted February 16, 2012 03:42 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I would have avoided all the flames, that's for sure. : )

theres nothing wrong in what you did ..don't worry about the flames ..it wasn't their money at stake ..

WEE whins when a clutch pack don't give him 10,000 passes for 150.00
so if Compton jacked him would he blame the members? LOL If you don't trust the seller don't buy...

wee

You make me feel a lot less foolish about over-thinking this sh!t

This should make you feel less foolish about posting if a Bikeland member can be trusted.

wee

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=3&TID=65569&set_time=1329371237

Ignore this member   
Rook

Pro
posted February 16, 2012 02:20 PM        
eh?

Oh well, I got my Bonneville today sittin at my door. Sent USPS priority mail. that was one day.

looks like Compton left both halves of the contact clips he put on the wires. All I need t do is pry them open and recrimp them to my own bike's wires. I was planning on using those anyway. All set for me.

Thanks Compton.

Yeah, good guy. man of his word. Patient and considerate too. now I can recommend him too.

Ignore this member   
Compton

Zone Head
posted February 16, 2012 04:12 PM        
yeah i also threw in some extra connectors, i didnt have anymore of the same type left. enjoy it! thanks for the feedback everybody.

Ignore this member   
Rook

Pro
posted February 16, 2012 06:38 PM        
Saw those square bodied bullet connectors in the bag. Thanks, Bro. The thing looks very nice and clean. You take care of your stuff.

SInce we're on the topic, two questions:

#1 is this the wire that gets cut and run through the Bonneville? The tiny screwdriver is under it..

#2 Will the Bonneville disable the Gear indicator? Seem to be getting some conflicting opinions in the search I have done.

Ignore this member   
Compton

Zone Head
posted February 16, 2012 08:34 PM        
i dont remember the gear indicator being non op after the install, but it was over a year ago since the bike moved under its own power.

and for the wire, all i remember is i followed what the muzzy instructions said. i believe in a thread on this site i posted a photo.

Ignore this member   
Rook

Pro
posted February 16, 2012 09:15 PM        
That's gotta be it. Blue/yellow wire, top row. The instructions say "about 6 in from the left (bike side) of ECU IDK how it could be ABOUT 6 in. It's either 6 in or it's some other # in. lol

It will prolly be some time before I install it but I'll post results. I sometimes notice the gear indicator has a slight lag now with the speedo healer but not enough to matter. Same with the Bonneville, perhaps.

Ignore this member   
blue07

Expert Class
posted February 17, 2012 08:47 PM        Edited By: blue07 on 18 Feb 2012 04:48
"I would have avoided the flames".....well Rookster...you ought to know me by now...aint been scared of fire yet!
  Ignore this member   
Rook

Pro
posted February 17, 2012 10:46 PM        
hehehe, yep, blue. Turn it up!!!!!! I'll take a few flames to get my info. Wouldn't be the first time by a long shot. The only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked.

BTW, scotty from zx14ninjaforums confirms :
A) the wire in my photo above IS the correct wire to snip.

B) the Bonneville did not effect his gear indicator

........ so I have no idea what that rumor posted here on zx14.com and other forums was about. Maybe some people hooked theirs up wrong or they were getting some kind of interference from other electronics????? IDK?

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Vouch for COMPTON? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2141580581665 seconds processing time