HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Carpenter Racing not impressed! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
pazx14rider

Zone Head
posted January 20, 2012 08:02 PM        
Carpenter Racing not impressed!

I have to go to NJ tomorrow to pick up my new 14R. My buddy called Carpenter Racing to see if he could drop his Beemer off to have the head work done being its half and hour south from where were headed plus pulling and empty trailer all that way. They said "sorry were not open on saturdays so you cant drop it off no one will be here" Im sorry but if that was my business i would make arragements to get the work being its a + $1000 job. Especially when someone is traveling 3 hrs and going to be near your shop

Ignore this member   
joseph702

Zone Head
posted January 20, 2012 09:10 PM        
i feel were ur coming from trust me but having a auto repair shop of my own u need a life out side of work at points , yes its a big job even have a hired hand to take it in and get info would be good
. on second hand if its a passion u would be happy to be there and take it in ace performance is like that iv called and talked to him sunday nights he has offerd to pick my bike up in nc couse i live in maine he is a great guy to deal with.

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted January 20, 2012 09:16 PM        
Hmmm... Your bashing a company with a good reputation, and thriving business because he will not make arraignments to come take your bike in on his day off? I own 2 business's and would have done the same thing unless you were one of my "regulars" who have given me a lot of prior business. Sorry but I think you are wrong, unless you offered to compensate him for his "special" trip to his shop.... No offense intended, just my 2 cents.

Ignore this member   
codyc_13

Expert Class
posted January 20, 2012 10:12 PM        
Wow seriously? I would have done the same thing if it was my shop, its there day off.

8.97 at 149mph

Ignore this member   
BlackMagic14

Needs a job
posted January 20, 2012 11:25 PM        
Also and I don't mean to be a dick but 1000 dollars??? Is that a lot? Of he has a 20% profit margin that's only 200 bucks. There are a lot of my weekend plans that are worth more to me than 200 bucks. Just sayin
  Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted January 21, 2012 02:24 AM        
I'm with everyone else, Your not making him sound bad, your making you and your friend look like a douche.
I understand what your saying, and if I were you I probably would be disappointed, but the man deserves one day off a week.
My question is, why couldn't you make the trip to pick up the new 14R during HIS normal business hours instead of him catering to you at your convience?

Ignore this member   
Superman T

Pro
posted January 21, 2012 03:33 AM        
quote:
I'm with everyone else, Your not making him sound bad, your making you and your friend look like a douche.
I understand what your saying, and if I were you I probably would be disappointed, but the man deserves one day off a week.
My question is, why couldn't you make the trip to pick up the new 14R during HIS normal business hours instead of him catering to you at your convience?

+1 spot on eklipse!!!!! But I bet he takes his days off(no one works 365 per year). Funny how many folks throw stones from a glass house.....
on a side note, we are living in a country where businesses are revamping hours of operations and reducing overhead. How much money would a business make if the only business on a Saturday was a $1000 bucks? By the time you pay for overtime, cost of running a facility and use of tools.... WTF is that worth? Business owner loses

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted January 21, 2012 04:38 AM        
+2 Eklipse, I re-wrote my original post because I didn't want to flame this dude.... Well said

Ignore this member   
rocket2117

Expert Class
rocket2117
posted January 21, 2012 04:50 AM        
I put soo much into my shop monday thru friday i need a few days to reboot, to spend time with my kid, to check on my dad thats havin chemo, your buddy could always just put the bike at the door with a note
  Ignore this member   
IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted January 21, 2012 05:02 AM        
WELL BOB lives 35 miles from the shop SO its not just a few minutes to make the round trip
  Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted January 21, 2012 05:07 AM        
quote:
+2 Eklipse, I re-wrote my original post because I didn't want to flame this dude.... Well said

Love me or hate me, I speak what's on my mind. A lot of guys have met me in person on this forum, and I'm not a bad guy, I just speak what's in my head.

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted January 21, 2012 05:15 AM        
I did speak my mind also, just without calling the dude a douche originally...LOL (thank you for summing up my post). I fight a few nights a week as it is, don't need to get on the comp and fight online too

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted January 21, 2012 06:23 AM        
this kind of reminds me of shipping.. when the shipper looses a package the seller gets blamed .. then again alot of sellers can't find the post office after they got paid

Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted January 21, 2012 07:12 AM        
Having flashbacks Bad? I wouldn't open my shop for you either, my family & friends come first, see you on monday.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
indynic

Expert Class
Lil Show, Lil Go
posted January 21, 2012 07:18 AM        
Yeah, I agree with everybody, drop it off during his business hours. Do you know how many times I have made arrangements of this nature for my customers only to have them no-show? Let me drop everything I had planned at the last minute to cater to you and then your sorry a$$ doesnt show up.
  Ignore this member   
kaw-rick

Pro
posted January 21, 2012 08:09 AM        
i know when your closed your closed but. they could of worked something out. left it with another business that was open. met him on the road? had a friend or employee run up and get the part. or cut shipping costs in half? hell work with a customer. we do at our business. im not telling any1 how to run a business..just my 2 cents.
  Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted January 21, 2012 08:32 AM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 21 Jan 2012 15:34
quote:
Having flashbacks Bad? I wouldn't open my shop for you either, my family & friends come first, see you on monday.

i don't know what you talking about .. i do all my own work .. i have no use for shops .. but you must be 1 those type that after a person pays for a part it sits for a week before shipping ..

Ignore this member   
biggmoinc

Zone Head
posted January 21, 2012 08:33 AM        
True, if your closed your closed, however Delaware MC businesses (most) are closed Sundays and Mondays, that gives the average worker Saturdays to get things done on atvs/MC, including dropoffs, they just close a little earlier than through the week. But like I said, if ur closed ur closed, n im sure the hours are posted somewhere, lol

Ignore this member   
SteddyTeddy

Pro
posted January 21, 2012 09:18 AM        
I guess you would also expect them to come in on a Sat again when its time to pick up the bike? Motorcycle customers are some of the most PITA people to deal with! LOLOLOLOL
  Ignore this member   
gottzx14

Novice Class
posted January 21, 2012 09:21 AM        
quote:

+2

Sounds like the movie Vacation when everyone piled in the "family truckster" and went to "Wally World" to find it closed. Funny Shit

OSR Bikes.com, Schnitz Racing Sponsored Rider
Team APE and Team VORTEX rider

Ignore this member   
pazx14rider

Zone Head
posted January 21, 2012 03:18 PM        
Ok to be corrected it was a $3500 job. And we were not asking for tons of overtime hours or facility lights running all day to cost alot, just 2 min. to open the door to put the bike inside. it was a 3.5 hr drive for us and would be another 4hrs to go back to carpenter just to drop the bike off. I understand when your closed your closed, we were just hoping he'd be more willing to work with us seeing we were 100% positive we were going to drop the bike off.
  Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted January 21, 2012 03:28 PM        
I don't know, but I'd have a hard time bashing a business for not opening up on their day off. So how many guys make calls like this to Carpenter? Probably a lot, and 1/2 of them didn't show up.

Shane

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted January 21, 2012 04:40 PM        
$3,500 to do head work??? Wow, that must be some good head... Work.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted January 21, 2012 04:50 PM        
quote:
$3,500 to do head work??? Wow, that must be some good head... Work.

stock

Ignore this member   
kaw now

Expert Class
posted January 21, 2012 06:13 PM        
Ok here's my take the old cliche "bad planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part" Can you get a motorcycle dealer to open up on monday?
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Carpenter Racing not impressed! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.724148988724 seconds processing time