HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Car Dealerships and trading your vehicle in? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Big_T112

Pro
posted January 16, 2012 09:21 AM        
Car Dealerships and trading your vehicle in?

Do they think we are a bunch of mindless people that don't research the internet before stepping one foot on the lot? After selling my Ford F-250 superduty outright and looking at new trucks I kinda had settled on a new 2500 4 door Diesle 4x4 with the Durmax in it. Trouble is I still have my truck I had before the Ford. It's been sitting for a couple of years but is still in good shape. So I chraged the battery up, put some fresh gas in it, got the title and headed out. It's an older truck. 2002 GMC Denali 4x4. 72K miles on it. They offered $3200 trade in??? I may be wrong and I know it's 10 years old but it has every option you can get on a truck and it does not have that many miles on it. not even a door dent. in fact I still have the window sticker and showed it to them. back in 02 the sticker is $44105. 10 years later it's only worth $3200??? makes me think twice about a GMC again. I figured they would do better than that. It kinda pissed me off. Sorry for the rant. Anyway. I left without a new truck. Here is a pic of the 02 Denali. I guess I will stick it on C/L. It still looks good.

Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted January 16, 2012 10:02 AM        
It's just part of the game they play. I used to work at at dealership, and they always hit you way low. Just stick to your guns, and always remember that there are more sellers than buyers, so you have the power! I won't buy a new truck because I can't deal with the depreciation. If you buy a new vehicle, check out the lease payments and the projected "residual value." that is the dealerships projected depreciation after however long the lease is... For instance, if your lease is $450 for 36 months, you're essentially throwing $450/mo out the window in depreciation alone! That's not even counting ownership costs or the down payment! Buy a 3 year old truck for $25k less than new and laugh at all the new trucks you see on the road!
  Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted January 16, 2012 03:49 PM        
Yea I see that., Heck the GMC rides so good and really what can a new truck do this one can? and it has no payments. maybe its time for a used SS Camaro.
  Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted January 16, 2012 04:06 PM        
i'll give you $ 3,210.01 for it

Ignore this member   
madnessracing

Pro
Vmax and Busa Beater
posted January 16, 2012 04:17 PM        
I give you $3500 Lol J/k

Ignore this member   
TheDayday

Parking Attendant
posted January 16, 2012 04:24 PM        
Dealerships... God I hate them. Personally, I wouldn't trade it in. Put it up on eBay, craigslist, autotrader, etc.. Sure, it's a lot more work, but you'll find someone eventually that will give you closer to KBB value.

Dealerships will never do that, they'll tell you they don't use KBB, they base it off of "auctions," and/or how much their "wholesaler" will buy it off of them for. It's all a bunch of nonsense, they're there to low ball you as much as they can.

Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted January 16, 2012 05:02 PM        
yea, I know. The truck is 10 years old but it has everything and it still works. I see junk 4x4's go for more than what they offered me. I think people are so excited about getting a new car or truck that they don't care what they get on trade in as long as they get the payment they want. I will try C/L first.
  Ignore this member   
indynic

Expert Class
Lil Show, Lil Go
posted January 16, 2012 05:19 PM        Edited By: indynic on 17 Jan 2012 00:19
quote:
It's just part of the game they play. I used to work at at dealership, and they always hit you way low. Just stick to your guns, and always remember that there are more sellers than buyers, so you have the power! I won't buy a new truck because I can't deal with the depreciation. If you buy a new vehicle, check out the lease payments and the projected "residual value." that is the dealerships projected depreciation after however long the lease is... For instance, if your lease is $450 for 36 months, you're essentially throwing $450/mo out the window in depreciation alone! That's not even counting ownership costs or the down payment! Buy a 3 year old truck for $25k less than new and laugh at all the new trucks you see on the road!

I totally agree, except for one piece...."laugh at all the new trucks you see on the road" I have never seen a brand new vehicle on the road, just used ones. Everybody drives a used vehicle.

Ignore this member   
BrucerZX14

Expert Class
posted January 16, 2012 05:23 PM        
quote:
quote:

I totally agree, except for one piece...."laugh at all the new trucks you see on the road" I have never seen a brand new vehicle on the road, just used ones. Everybody drives a used vehicle.

Yep...it's used once you drive it off the lot.

Ignore this member   
Quarter Pounder

Pro
with Cheese
posted January 16, 2012 07:59 PM        
why trade it in if it's still in great shape. You have NO payment. Win.
1.53 60'

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted January 16, 2012 08:28 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 17 Jan 2012 03:29
quote:
quote:

i think he was talking about all the new printed dealer tags running around on 2012's .. people buying king ranch f250 4x4 's around here like changing underwear .. $70.000.00 truck . just imaging 72 payments 6 years @1000.00 not counting interest.. and then theres the 1's that pay cash

Ignore this member   
phatphil

Parking Attendant
posted January 22, 2012 05:37 PM        
The dealership is in business to make a profit. What business isn't? They make no profit by not selling you. It's not that hard to understand. Either the salesperson was not good at selling or the buyer is not good at buying, or both. Walking away with nothing is just that. What's the purpose in that? It's complete failure for both parties. Buying used is cheaper. Buying nothing is cheaper still. Your truck cost about 300 bucks a month to own. A new truck is more likely to last longer, be less headache and you can get whatever you want. A manufacturer doesn't invest billions to bring a vehicle to market so they can rip you off. Buy from a successful salesperson and enjoy the experience. Grind them down on price. Nothing wrong with that. A good salesperson will make it easier and pleasant. That is not always easy to do, so they deserve your business and should earn the right. Taking advice from an unsuccessful salespeople likely will result in not achieving your goal.... It's your time and your money, you can do whatever you like....
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Car Dealerships and trading your vehicle in? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.654633998871 seconds processing time