HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: HM Quickshifter Review NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
MehkoR

Novice Class
posted March 27, 2013 11:33 PM        
Mine is Annitori RL Gen2. I didn't set anything it is all default. There is only 3 led's that indicates the sensitivity so i am not sure if i can disable downshifting or not..if it is not dangerous for gearbox i am ok with it
  Ignore this member   
MehkoR

Novice Class
posted March 31, 2013 05:22 PM        
i have problems with shifter.. it is not shifting 2 to 3 or 5 to 6 sometimes and kicks me to "N" sometimes. i have tried both 3 sens. Settings but no difference.. Am i doing something wrong ?
  Ignore this member   
Cutback

Expert Class
posted April 03, 2013 05:49 PM        Edited By: Cutback on 4 Apr 2013 01:53
I have run the H&M since Annitori brought them in the country. I've put it on 5 different bikes and it has performed flawlessly, with one exception, (my fault) the only time there was a problem, as you described, It was from binding at the linkage. I have seen Go pro video of this. Go back and check that all of your knuckles(heim joints) and linkage are in direct alignment, with no binding or rubbing what so ever. iIam confident, unless you have a malfunctioning unit,(which I doubt) the strain gage is binding at the linkage or you are inadvertantly touching your foot somewhere on the shifter.

Ignore this member   
MehkoR

Novice Class
posted April 04, 2013 04:06 AM        
My shifter is not H&M it id Annitori and i installed it with a ready kit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZX14R-Quick-Shifter-Kit-/130802914263?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e747613d7&vxp=mtr

i will install a video of misshifts may be it will be more clear by that way..
even in this video you can hear that it is not shifting but only kills ignition when i push 5 to 6

http://youtu.be/dkh9RrpoPdE

Ignore this member   
MehkoR

Novice Class
posted April 04, 2013 05:43 AM        
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFplKV4hZyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6hVblIE9zY

Ignore this member   
Cutback

Expert Class
posted April 04, 2013 10:34 AM        Edited By: Cutback on 4 Apr 2013 19:24
That is EXACTLY what I'm referring to. (Great videos by the way) The way we were able to determinei if it was me or my set-up was, to take the Go pro and aim it at my shifter, even though I thought the shifting linkage was adjusted perfectly, it was not. Especially, when you factor in the flex you get at every shift. Every time you move the shifter, the strain gage senses it and coil kill interupt is initiated. Also, when you have your shifter adjusted low, in regards to foot peg height, (was able to document in my videos) my shifter, was not completely returning to battery, as my boot was ever so slightly still touching the shifter. You may indeed have a malfunctioning unit but, it does not sound like it to me, from watching your videos. Like I said, every time there was an issue, it was installation error or user error, witnessed by my videos. Made the proper adjustments.... Done!

Ignore this member   
MehkoR

Novice Class
posted April 05, 2013 12:56 AM        Edited By: MehkoR on 5 Apr 2013 10:20
Thanks very much I will ttry to place the camere to see the shifter.. Than I hope my problem is going to be solved too.. becouse i love my shifter so much when it works

Ignore this member   
SLEEPERBUSA

Novice Class
posted June 06, 2013 10:29 PM        
VERY good info here!!
Thanks to all for sharing!!

Was it ever decided on what length is prefered when ordering the shift rod on the Vortex rearsets?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit SLEEPERBUSA's homepage. 
SLEEPERBUSA

Novice Class
posted June 07, 2013 10:39 AM        
Ok, so my rearsets aren't in yet.

I called today and they wouldn't help me unless I measured them.

Can anyone tell me definitely what length rod I will need to order with the Vortex rearsets, or will they all measure differently?

SLEEPERBUSA

Novice Class
posted July 08, 2013 02:09 PM        Edited By: SLEEPERBUSA on 8 Jul 2013 22:10
quote:
Shifter mounted on Vortex rear sets using Dynojet M6 to M6 rod

I found that mounting it the opposite direction of this pisture will help hide it.
Does anyone know if that will adversly affect it?

Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted July 10, 2013 05:09 AM        
It will work either way, it's a gauge so it "should" get the same measurement in either direction. I did have it the other way also, but had the electronics tucked under the front fairing originally, now I have everything under my seat

Ignore this member   
SLEEPERBUSA

Novice Class
posted July 10, 2013 05:37 AM        
Thanks. I thought so too. I'll finish the install and get pictures.

All times are America/Va [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: HM Quickshifter Review NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21645402908325 seconds processing time