HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: To think about as we enter the New Year... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted December 31, 2011 03:51 PM        
To think about as we enter the New Year...

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted December 31, 2011 05:52 PM        
Exactly, who the fuck made us the world police. Bring them home & stop the foreign aid now.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
Princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
posted December 31, 2011 11:32 PM        

Ignore this member   
Obba

Expert Class
posted January 01, 2012 01:18 AM        
Nice piece of text software there!

The inherent problem with 'us' all: Is that we want to pay cheap...
We want cheap petrol. We want cheap Tv's and so on...

Oil is a base product of upto 70% of everything in your cars and bikes (Plastics).

In the past, every country grew strong on its own internal productivity. As Ships came into being, trade became more open - and some prices of goods started to fall - and of course goods that were not availible on home soil had a high price.
But as more ships moved around, the same goods became more availible - and the prices started to drop as people now had a choice to get the cheapest price!

America (and everyone else), will source its oil from elsewhere, as it's cheaper. That is fact!

It's FAR FAR cheaper to maintaining its (and others, UK, Australia etc), military operations externally to protect its oil income from overseas - it is VERY CHEAP - considering if the supply stops and people all of a sudden don't have what they are used to!!!

The Sex Pistols: Anarchy.

Fact: Iran / Iraq / Venezuela are the highest oil exporters. Fine, that the UAE, Saudi Arabia etc and so on, are big - but not as big as those first three!

If America (and the other 'First worlders out there'), stopped all imports and bought internally, it would be fantastic. China would be 'gone' in 1 month.

But are we willing to pay more for our goods?
Pay to protect yourselves - or pay cheap to get it elsewhere.

And if you want it from elsewhere, you have to 'oversee it' to guarentee supply!

PS: I think Obama is good for the US.

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted January 01, 2012 05:31 AM        
Ron Paul is a great candidate, but will never get elected. There is a huge media blackout on him and it will continue because he stands for the people, not big business & government. As far as Obama goes, he is bankrupting this country.... One of his projects in college was how to destroy a government, and one of the things that worked was bankrupting the government (he used various methods but healthcare was one). With that being said, on a personal note how the fuck can I respect a president who pledges the flag with the wrong hand.... Just my 2 cents and not trying to start a political rant, sorry if I offended anyone. BTW all this don't really matter because we're all going to die in 2012, so happy new year!

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted January 01, 2012 07:41 AM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 1 Jan 2012 15:44
fukk obama ..hell fukk all politicians .. if their mouth is moving its a lie ..

i always said..why does someone spend millions to get a job that pays thousands.. then retire richer than they where when elected... math don't add up

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted January 01, 2012 07:52 AM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 1 Jan 2012 15:55
Seno - if you and everyone else know that ron Paul is a great candidate, then who cares what the mainstream media says?? Vote for him and screw the mainstream media heck - we've been screwing the mainstream media at Bikeland for over a decade

fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted January 01, 2012 12:45 PM        

nabrxx

Needs a job
posted January 01, 2012 01:16 PM        
I'm a bit conflicted about the "play nice" attitude in world politics....haven't we in the west given up enough of the unfair privelidge and advantage that we had for almost a hundred years? And isn't the world so very greatful? I mean fair is fair...but isn't it nice to live well too?...even knowing that others may not be living so well? Chime in...cheat, oppress and live like kings....or play fair and we can all be poor...which would you all choose? Inquiring minds want to know....

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted January 01, 2012 01:20 PM        
Fish_antlers, I agree with you 110%. What I meant regarding the media blackout was rather the point that many people have no idea who & what he stands for.

Ignore this member   
zeexman

Expert Class
posted January 01, 2012 01:48 PM        
I support and in the past have supported Ron Paul even though I have not voted for him. His message is correct and I financially supported him to get it out.
  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted January 01, 2012 09:31 PM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 2 Jan 2012 05:33
quote:
I'm a bit conflicted about the "play nice" attitude in world politics....haven't we in the west given up enough of the unfair privelidge and advantage that we had for almost a hundred years? And isn't the world so very greatful? I mean fair is fair...but isn't it nice to live well too?...even knowing that others may not be living so well? Chime in...cheat, oppress and live like kings....or play fair and we can all be poor...which would you all choose? Inquiring minds want to know....

I dont think we've been "playing nice" at all for the last 50 some odd years...

Here's more nice for you...

http://slatest.slate.com/posts/2012/01/01/rick_santorum_would_bomb_iran_nuclear_sites_calls_obama_paper_tiger_.html

quote:
Think the United States should bomb Iran? Rick Santorum may be your candidate.

In an interview on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday, the GOP hopeful criticized Barack Obama for being too soft on Iran and said he would bomb the country’s nuclear sites unless it opened them to UN inspectors. Obama, who has been more circumspect about how he might respond to Iran’s apparent attempt to build nuclear weapons, is turning the U.S. into a “paper tiger,” Santorum alleged.

The tough talk came the same day Iran announced it had tested its first nuclear fuel rod, according to the Associated Press. The country claims it has been developing nuclear energy, not weapons, but a recent UN report found evidence the country is in fact pursuing a bomb.

On Saturday Obama signed a defense bill tightening sanctions on Iran, including imposing penalties on foreign institutions that do business with the country’s central bank. If effective, they would limit Iran’s ability to sell its oil, potentially crippling its economy. In response Iran has threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz, a major oil shipping artery. This weekend the country proposed reopening international talks over its nuclear program, the Guardian reports.

Many regard war with Iran as a worst-case scenario. But Santorum’s statements suggested it would be his default position, unless Iran rolls over.

“I would be saying to the Iranians, you either open up those facilities, you begin to dismantle them and make them available to inspectors, or we will degrade those facilities through air strikes,” he said.

Santorum, who has languished near the bottom of the Republican primary field until recently, is running third in the latest polls ahead of Tuesday’s Iowa caucuses.

Other GOP candidates have also said they would take a tougher tack on Iran than Obama has. Newt Gingrich said in a November debate that the U.S. should attack Iran covertly, “including taking out their scientists, including breaking up their systems, all of it covertly, all of it deniable.”

Attacking Iran wouldn’t come without some serious costs. As a recent New York Times article noted, “the risk of tit-for-tat attacks raises a specter few seem to recognize: the first radiological war in history.” Specifically, Iran might retaliate by attacking Israel’s unacknowledged Dimona nuclear facility, which could unleash radioactive materials.

Obba

Expert Class
posted January 02, 2012 01:05 AM        
Wow! All this fear and unhappiness.
So Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum are the men that will fix your economy and make you happy?

When you walk into Walmart and see a screwdriver made in China for $2:00 and there is a made in USA screwdriver for $9.98 - which one are you going to buy - considering that the USA is made by your own country men, working hard to feed their family?
Humm: $2 vs $10. "Man, i can get me soma dem buffallo wings for that diff bro"!

What gives you the right to take Iran out?
Aren't they allowed to have Nuclear weapons? Is the media leading you down another Iraq WMD line...?

Sure you have the biggest stick...
10 Carrier Groups sailing around. Heck, even England 'might' just put one together. France maybe 1, Russia maybe 2, India 1.
Do you have any idea what it costs to maintain these things?

As Nabrxx says; "But isn't it nice to live well too?...even knowing that others may not be living so well? Chime in...cheat, oppress and live like kings....or play fair and we can all be poor...".
The Dali Lama said; "If we didn't want, the world would be a better place..".

So what's "live well"?
If you have a loving wife and children, live in a small house, a plot of land to grow your own vegetables, with cattle and sheep to keep you fed and all in good health. That's living well.

Is your idea of living well (wanting), having 65" plasma tv's, two ZX14R's in the garage, paying for your food, water, land, rates, insurance, credits cards, education, health charges on a on going basis..?

It's a WORLD Economy nowadays. Stop buying 'made in China', and buy USA made goods.

Look at some of the HUGE container ships being made. They won't even fit in your ports! Because the world market/economy - believe it or not - does not rely on the USA any more.

Obama, Paul, Newt and whomever, cannot stop you buying cheap overseas products.
Wonder why China has $billions of US bonds - because YOU give them your $US dollars when you buy their products - that's how they get the money to buy YOUR OWN BONDS!

YOU buying made in the USA products will fix your economy!

The Iran issue is a smoke screen from the real issues. You don't know that?

A famous American author, Robert Heinlein said, "Once the monkeys learn they can vote themselves bananas, they'll never climb another tree."

Ignore this member   
aliveagain

Needs a life
posted January 02, 2012 03:41 AM        
Obba, so what tv is made in America that I can buy?

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted January 02, 2012 07:36 AM        
Imagine all the money this country would be flush with if all our troops were home and we weren't igniting our cash blowing shit up around the world.

nabrxx

Needs a job
posted January 02, 2012 01:07 PM        
Whatever happend to the good old days...we loan a country more money than they can pay back to build a dam, we stop production of the dam when they can't pay back the loan and then offer to settle the loan if they just let us build a military base in their country...oh yeah and then pay US to finish building their dam?

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted January 02, 2012 07:38 PM        
Bill Clinton's NAFTA and Obama/Biden's UNIONS will assure the bulk of our labor will remain outsourced for years to come, I don't care if Ron Paul gets it for 4-8 years or not.

I like Ron Paul on everything except his weak stance on Iran, which is no big secret to anyone. Not sure how I feel about his stand-offish attitude with Israel, but his stance on Iran prevents my vote no matter if I agree with the 99.9% of everything else he stands for.

Now if it was him or Obama/Biden.... lol....I'd volunteer to be his campaign manager =)

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
indynic

Expert Class
Lil Show, Lil Go
posted January 02, 2012 08:08 PM        
quote:
Obba, so what tv is made in America that I can buy?

Not gonna find one, but Vizio is the closest thing. Its not made in America, but its an American Company.

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted January 02, 2012 08:20 PM        
TVs? You can still buy a truck or car made in America. Toyota is making their trucks with American labor (non-union), as Ford quietly makes the F-150 in Mexico (non-union).

BMW, Nissan, VW, Mercedes and a host of others also produce vehicles with American labor, Nissan has the biggest manufacturing facility in the world "under one roof" operating in full production right here in America.
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
heraser

Expert Class
Tall Blue 14
posted January 02, 2012 09:20 PM        
Steve, I support America, I bought my Kia Sorento assembled in the US (Georgia).

Seno, not offended by your statements but don't know your sources, do you? BTW, you can respect our President, he never saluted the flag with the wrong hand (pretty good photoshop but if you look at the Marine in the background his medals are on the wrong side).

Ignore this member    Click here to visit heraser's homepage. 
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted January 02, 2012 09:26 PM        
quote:

When you walk into Walmart and see a screwdriver made in China for $2:00 and there is a made in USA screwdriver for $9.98 - which one are you going to buy - considering that the USA is made by your own country men, working hard to feed their family?

NOT THE CASE .. 1 would say made in china the other would be stamped made in USA but really made in china.. reason right now a bill is being pushed thru congress not allowing where something is made at .. you car are the biggest mismatch of foreign parts and then stamped made in USA

Ignore this member   
kawa74

Expert Class
posted January 02, 2012 10:48 PM        
quote:
quote:

NOT THE CASE .. 1 would say made in china the other would be stamped made in USA but really made in china.. reason right now a bill is being pushed thru congress not allowing where something is made at .. you car are the biggest mismatch of foreign parts and then stamped made in USA

++1

Ignore this member   
BobC

Pro
posted January 03, 2012 04:21 AM        
I don't usually get involved with politics but having viewed the Ron Paul ad' and while we're exercising our imaginations: think how it would be if the USA and its allies were not the "world's policemen" and another country with completely different cultural values performed that role. Perhaps a non-democratic country with a nuclear arsenal and a subservient population led by a power-crazed despot. I'm not too sure we'd be comfortable with that, so what's the answer?

2012 ZZR1400 in Golden Blazed Green
Brock CT Full System. etc
Max: 203.1 in 1 mile (so far)

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted January 03, 2012 07:49 AM        
The flip side of that is that the UNnis supposed to assume that role upholding the values of democracy in the process - it's not supposed to be just one country all the time. How dis this get so jacked up ?

kawa74

Expert Class
posted January 03, 2012 11:27 AM        
So you going to depend on the UN to Police the World ?????
Yea , right... How did that Korean War thing , Oop's, I mean Police action , did that work out ? , 59 years later, The US troops are the only thing Detering North Korea from Invading the South,
Iran's stated Goal is to wipe Isreal of the face of the Earth and all who support them, Amercia..!!!
Think the UN will stop anybody ,anytime??? Keep drinking the cool-aid.

All they do is do is double park their limo's, and pass resolutions, 12 years of resolutions, Saddam What did the UN do, NOTHING !!! Saddam Hussin, gased 5,000 Kruds.., his politicial opponents Disappeared, Mass graves, ethnic cleanising.

What caused the Berlin Wall to fall, the Iron Curtian to come DOWN, the US MILITARY, never firing a Shot.

RUSSIA ;a democracy, WHY, the cold war

Learn some HISTORY,
Why is this the Greatest Country in the World, becuse WE are FREE, this is a basic Human Right of ....ALL PEOPLE..., everywere on the Face of the EARTH

A strong MILITARY pays the Price so you can sleep SAFE at night, sometimes you have us it in WAR, BUT if it ain't there WHO you going to call, Who does the World call when the DIRTY work has to be done???? Spain, France, Russia, China, HELL NO !!!

Were is the nearist US aircraft carrier, and the nearist military BASE, and how FAST can they get there...!!!!

Ron Paul is a JOKE, you want him Commander in Chief , Yea right..LOL

We need a Leader, not a pacifist....!!!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: To think about as we enter the New Year... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.23397302627563 seconds processing time