HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brock and the ZX-14r NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Thread: Brock and the ZX-14r [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ]
oldkawboy

Needs a job
posted December 23, 2011 10:24 AM        
Great news Brock..........now get off the computer and get to work. ;-)

When you get the new one down to Diary Part 3 give us a holler as I know someone who would like to "help" out.

Dan

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted December 23, 2011 10:30 AM        
quote:
Mr. Wheelie,

Bike in house.

Brock

www BrocksPerformance.com

Excellent!!!

Ignore this member   
codyc_13

Expert Class
posted December 23, 2011 10:39 AM        
Brock are we going to see a write up of your progress? I would love to see you document the build.

8.97 at 149mph

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted December 23, 2011 11:34 AM        
No mention of the 12R in paragraph 2, as if it never existed.

A.
TX Mile: 200.2 mph (headwind)
Maxton Mile: 220 mph headwind (headwind)
Ohio Mile: 222 mph (spinning)
Street: Classified

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted December 23, 2011 01:28 PM        
quote:
Mr. Wheelie,

Bike in house.

Brock

the fun has started !!!

wee

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted December 23, 2011 01:45 PM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 23 Dec 2011 20:45
quote:
Mr. Wheelie,

Bike in house.

Brock

wow looks just like mine but all the parts are still bolted to the bike ..lol

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted December 23, 2011 07:30 PM        
wonder what Brocks stocker dynoed?

wee

Ignore this member   
dbeadling

Zone Head
posted December 24, 2011 12:46 AM        
smokin..you better keep your doors locked....somebody stole all your parts when you were not looking...if you need any green parts let me know
  Ignore this member   
dbeadling

Zone Head
posted December 24, 2011 12:53 AM        
kawasaki should have called this bike the wow... because thats all I think of when I ride this thing ...only got 20 miles on it...its just too cold....but come spring there is going to be hell to pay...hope you are feeling better...merry x mas
  Ignore this member   
johns

Expert Class
posted December 24, 2011 08:54 AM        
Looks great Brock. I am looking forward to a whole new set of ZX-14 diaries. Everything I did on my 06 was based on your diaries and parts sourced from Brock's Performance.

John Stewart
2003 124 C.I. H.D. Super glide

Ignore this member   
CajunBoyz

Zone Head
posted December 24, 2011 12:01 PM        
Hey Johns , if your email is the same(wk & hm) check em...

Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted December 24, 2011 01:13 PM        
Johns,

This will be more fun than updating your already Super-Sported 06 ZX-14.

We have a bunch of new things to learn about making the 14R ' Stupid Fast' and these guys thirst for knowledge.

But before we start: Do you solemnly swear that the bike that you didn't know existed before I picked it up yesterday from Vista Kawasaki in Kettering, Ohio isn't a 'ringer'!

Bahahahahah !!! --- Merry Christmas everyone

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Brock's homepage. 
codyc_13

Expert Class
posted December 24, 2011 01:43 PM        
Brock, have you had it on the Dyno yet

8.97 at 149mph

Ignore this member   
entropy

posted December 24, 2011 04:22 PM        Edited By: entropy on 24 Dec 2011 23:27
quote:
We have a bunch of new things to learn about making the 14R ' Stupid Fast' and these guys thirst for knowledge.

Brock,
the 14R comes "stupid fast" from Kawasaki, no thinking person can dispute it.
Adding some do-dads will make it a bit faster.

Although the street guys don't care, i wonder how much is to be gained from an all out build? Is it a great platform, or is it like the BMW, damn near maxxed from the factory?

Can it ever surpass the 1635 Busa?

Go ahead and bash me, revel in the fastest streetbike ever, afterall it IS a time for folk who bleed green to rightfully gloat.

But i'm interested in buildability.
I HOPE the 14R has it.
If it does, i'll jump ship again, i don't bleed any color.

Ignore this member   
oldkawboy

Needs a job
posted December 24, 2011 07:04 PM        
As you know Karl my streetbilke is my racebike and for guys like me that like bolt-ons (maybe a tad more) the R will be a fantastic bike for us.
The days of the Boosa vs. the 14 with bolt-ons is history in my opinion, the R is that good!

As a platform for an all out race bike I don't see a whole lot changing, the Boosa is that good!
With the aftermarket and separate cylinder I believe the Zuke will still be the choice among do-it-yourselfers, it's kinda intimidating for most people to split the cases for an overbore not to mention the associated cost.
Also with the current frame design of the 'Busa the lay down tanks are a big, big plus for fast dragbikes and LSR.

I'll be surprised if it will surpass the 1635. Jim is our best shot, I say "our" because I'm one who bleeds green.
I'm guessing you won't be jumping ship.

Kawasaki did some things internally to beefen the engine and in it's present state the engine should be bulletproof.

Here's where I gloat...........the new R will stomp a 'Busa like a bunny with similar bolt-ons!!!

Dan

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted December 24, 2011 07:59 PM        
quote:
quote:

Brock,
the 14R comes "stupid fast" from Kawasaki, no thinking person can dispute it.
Adding some do-dads will make it a bit faster.

Although the street guys don't care, i wonder how much is to be gained from an all out build? Is it a great platform, or is it like the BMW, damn near maxxed from the factory?

Can it ever surpass the 1635 Busa?

Go ahead and bash me, revel in the fastest streetbike ever, afterall it IS a time for folk who bleed green to rightfully gloat.

But i'm interested in buildability.
I HOPE the 14R has it.
If it does, i'll jump ship again, i don't bleed any color.
Karl 1635 busa ? I could care less .. LSR and drag racers are a very small part of the picture .. LSR being very small compaired to drag racing and drag compaired to the street rider is very very small .. 99% of the zx14 and busas owners never do more than a pipe and P/C .. Hell i have friends with 1999 busas that still have stock pipes ..
For me and a lot of guys that drag race will do no more than a little extra wheel base , pipe and tune and NEVER touch the motor ..For me it's seeing what i can get out of a stock motor .. Take the 1635 busa and see if you can get 5000 1/4 miles passes like my zx14 has as well as others have done .. I build big inch motors and i know what it takes to keep them running, i don't want to do that to my bike .. Hell karl i don't even take tools with me to the track and pump gas is the only race fuel i buy .. Nothing wrong with what you LSR and all out drag racer guys do but most of us zx14 owners ( busas owner also) look at what you do the same way a weekend bracket racer looks at John Force , way over our heads and pocket book.. For most of us this is a hobby and just for fun .. You know as i know , there is a fine line between a street strip bike and an all out race bike .. This new zx14r fit the bill as a street strip bike that with a good rider that will beat a race bike .. That is what we wanted and that is what we got ... Just look at what ricky did with a stock ZX14R with just the cans pulled off ... 8.99 , ama super sport bikes had a hard time running those numbers just a short time ago .. This bike is a big deal to us 99% out there ...So you if what to pee in our oatmeal go right ahead and pee away because we really don't care ..

Ignore this member   
entropy

posted December 24, 2011 09:20 PM        
hey smokin', i'm NOT peeing in yr oatmeal, I LOVE the 14R, it's top of the heap for a street bike.

I just wanna see the bar raised on all out motor...

damn, why the sensitivity????

Merry Christmas!

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted December 24, 2011 09:24 PM        
quote:
hey smokin', i'm NOT peeing in yr oatmeal, I LOVE the 14R, it's top of the heap for a street bike.

I just wanna see the bar raised on all out motor...

damn, why the sensitivity????

Merry Christmas!
you did ask for a bashing in your post, sounds like you got it in a gentle way

wee

Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted December 24, 2011 10:21 PM        
Karl, sorry. The boys in Japan basically stroked what you already have and made sure they could fill the cylinders once they were done. Great for what Lee said - bad for serious go fast hot-rod guys.

I heard a couple good rumors about 2014 from Tak and the boys, as they were gathering ideas to better the 14R next time,but who knows - thats a long way off. If this forum, drag racers, land speed and "guys like us" can prove that our ramblings can actually sell new motorcycles... we can actually make a difference about what happens next time. But if everyone talks and few purchase this time--- we can all forget a 'wish list' for upgrades next time.

It's up to US... it's BUSINESS.

2012/13 unit sales numbers will tell corporate if they should allot funds to build an even better bike next time, or just keep changing paint schemes.

Brock

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Brock's homepage. 
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted December 25, 2011 12:44 AM        Edited By: BLK ICE on 25 Dec 2011 07:52
"Kawasaki did some things internally to beefen the engine and in it's present state the engine should be bulletproof".

"The boys in Japan basically stroked what you already have and made sure they could fill the cylinders once they were done."

Sounds like the perfect nitrous motor to me.
Let see what the big motor busa can do with a zx14r with a 170 shot.
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com)

Ignore this member   
entropy

posted December 25, 2011 01:14 AM        
quote:
Karl, sorry. The boys in Japan basically stroked what you already have and made sure they could fill the cylinders once they were done. Great for what Lee said - bad for serious go fast hot-rod guys.

I heard a couple good rumors about 2014 from Tak and the boys, as they were gathering ideas to better the 14R next time,but who knows - thats a long way off. If this forum, drag racers, land speed and "guys like us" can prove that our ramblings can actually sell new motorcycles... we can actually make a difference about what happens next time. But if everyone talks and few purchase this time--- we can all forget a 'wish list' for upgrades next time.

It's up to US... it's BUSINESS.

2012/13 unit sales numbers will tell corporate if they should allot funds to build an even better bike next time, or just keep changing paint schemes.

Brock

Brock,
That's the info i was looking for.
I've been scouring the 14R posts looking for evidence of longer crank, more meat between the cyl.

I'm not a Busa Basher or a Kawasaki Basher, i just want as much NA hp & top speed as can be had.

Karl

Ignore this member   
johns

Expert Class
posted December 25, 2011 06:44 AM        
quote:
Johns,

This will be more fun than updating your already Super-Sported 06 ZX-14.

But before we start: Do you solemnly swear that the bike that you didn't know existed before I picked it up yesterday from Vista Kawasaki in Kettering, Ohio isn't a 'ringer'!

Bahahahahah !!! --- Merry Christmas everyone

Brock

Absolutely, I didn't even get to touch it or see it, but I did get to pay for it. A big thanks to Terry Atwood at Vista Kawasaki in Kettering Ohio who helped me get this done quickly so Brock could get the bike in house to begin developing it.

John
2003 124 C.I. H.D. Super glide

Ignore this member   
All times are PST(US) [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brock and the ZX-14r NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.330462932587 seconds processing time