HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: What will suzuki do about the 2012 zx14R NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
trganey

Expert Class
posted October 16, 2011 02:42 AM        
The only way they will be able to keep up with the performance of the 14R and stop the bleeding is to put a factory turbo on the current busa. It wouldn't require much if any tooling changes and has the potential to increase the HP enough to shine a light for the 14R to run by. jes my .o2
  Ignore this member   
trganey

Expert Class
posted October 16, 2011 02:43 AM        Edited By: trganey on 16 Oct 2011 16:44
Double post!
  Ignore this member   
ZX14Mike

Zone Head
posted October 16, 2011 02:46 AM        
quote:
Ninja12,

I think this is a good topic to create.... I really perfer to look at things from a logical stand point... What will Suzuki do?

With the market contiuning to decline and their dismal sales; I don't see them producing anything new until next 2014 (early release).

Here are their 3rd qtr sales report for 2010 1k sales dn 31%, 750 dn 27%, 600 dn 5.2%). This is an opportunity to revamp their product line.

The old way of doing business doesn't work when new trends are working for their competitors... There hasn't been a fast out of the box 1k since '07. The revamped busa was/still is a competent bike, however it's just gotton passed over.

The 08 busa in stock trim or mildly modified (pipe/gear/tuning) is no faster than an 06 zx14. Both Teams (kawi/busa) have made small upgrades to fix the complaints of their respective buyers. Now it's a new dawn and Kawi not only answered the challenge from BMW, but shot a 130mm heat seaking rounds towards Suzuki as well... all within a year.

So, that's two new bikes that Suzuki must compete with.... Now they can throw a bandaid over a current model and push that to the buyers (which might not fly) or weight a year and release an all new busa that has more power, dependable and upgradeable; plus keep the cost down while sales continue to drop.... Not to mention that dealership across the nation are closing shop.......

I have to agree with everything you just posted Suzuki has to compete on several fronts their sales have been way down and since Kawasaki raised the bar significantly their future sales are looking grim.................as we saw from Kawasaki answering the Gen 1 Busa with the ZX 12, putting out something as fast or almost as fast doesnt really cut it................Suzuki will need to raise the bar and put out something faster............and I really dont see them doing that till 2014 or 2015 at the earliest and if they dont allready have the R&D done for a new Busa it could be longer than that as they may choose to focus their resources on the more popular 1000cc class till the economy improves..............it looks to me like Kawasaki is gonna own the open class for years!!!

Ignore this member   
MJ

Zone Head
posted October 16, 2011 02:59 PM        
I think when suzi upgrades the busa it'll be the same type step up as the 2nd gen busa...with the busa name they don't have to do quite as much....its easier when you're the legend lol
  Ignore this member   
FAST Z14

Expert Class
posted October 16, 2011 05:16 PM        
Personaly I dont give a F...... what Suzuki does I will never buy one. Team Green = Zx14 R the best.

Ignore this member   
NINJA12

Needs a job
posted October 17, 2011 01:24 AM        
The vast majority of racers will run a STOCK MOTOR with bolt on.
That's why the Kawi and Suzi have to compete to produce better bikes.

In the past Kawasaki would compete with less CC's but Suzuki always went for bigger.
I don't see them changing now. How much would it cost to bore and put bigger pistons in the holes? How much does it cost to get stumped on you flagship? I predict 1441 for suzuki in 2013!

How much power you can make with engine mods changes ever year.
Jim at CompetitionCNC has made huge gains in power in 2011 for the Kawasaki's, and
Bob Carpenter just redesign his best head package.
I'll bet either of them would love to do business on 5% of the Busa's and ZX14's produced.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: What will suzuki do about the 2012 zx14R NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24591183662415 seconds processing time