HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Trade Advice??? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Shogun

Expert Class
posted February 08, 2011 12:52 PM        
Trade Advice???

Hey guys...I've got two bikes: the 06 ZX14 listed below with just under 10k miles and a bone stock 07 CBR 600 RR with only 4k miles. I love the nimbleness of the Honda and the power of the Ninja but to simplify my life a little I'd like to have just one bike....maybe a Honda or Kawi liter bike.

Here's where I would appreciate your advice....if these bikes were yours, how would you go about trading down to one? Sell both and go shop with cash? Sell one and trade one in? Try a 2 for 1 trade with a dealer, etc?

Anytime I used to trade cars my dad would always ask me "if I felt any money hit me in the back on the way out?". Hopefully with your help I'll make a good trade this time.

Thanks!

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted February 08, 2011 01:01 PM        
When you trade a vehicle, you never come out on top.
Think about it, if they give you x amount of money for it, they are going to make a profit on it.
They might move the numbers around and make it look like they are giving youa lot for it, but be careful.
Your best bet is to sell both and shop with cash.

It it were my two bikes, I would get rid of the 600 and put that $ in the 14

Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted February 08, 2011 01:42 PM        
I will never trade in cars/bikes if I can help it. You can always get more by selling private party. If you're interested in selling some of those parts you've listed in your sig, I'm interested in buying. Shoot me an email at gilberjj@gmail.com
  Ignore this member   
Hellmutt

Needs a job
selling bridges to immigrants
posted February 09, 2011 05:31 PM        Edited By: Hellmutt on 10 Feb 2011 00:35
Trading both on one bike is probably the easiest and quickest way to get into a solo literbike, and I agree with these guys that you'll lose big money trading - But if you have time to list them, haggle over pricing, allow some testrides, show several strangers what you got and where you keep it, then by all means sell them outright and then shop around for what you want........its up to you and what you're comfortable with doing.........if money isn't an issue, trade up and make things easy on yourself - but if you need every dime possible, sell 'em

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Hellmutt's homepage. 
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted February 09, 2011 05:43 PM        
I'm all about no test rides. That's just my opinion. I've sold every bike I've tried and I've never had a stranger wreck my bike

Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted February 09, 2011 05:50 PM        
As long as you say you want a cash deposit before ANYONE test rides, I have no problem letting people ride my bike. Requireing a cash deposit covers your butt, weeds out all the tire kickers and people with no money. I wouldn't buy a used bike without riding it first, especially if it's a drag bike.
  Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted February 09, 2011 08:13 PM        
You don't always lose on a trade, I traded a '99 BMW for an '06 ZX-14. It just depends on whats being traded. Oh and fuck the dealers, nothing but ripoffs, junk for big bucks. Deal with reputable individuals instead. Try craigslist or bike forums to advertise your trade.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Trade Advice??? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
1.26536488533 seconds processing time