HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: who has the best lite weight battery price? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted January 29, 2011 07:20 PM        Edited By: BLK ICE on 30 Jan 2011 02:23
To the Guys here that have one these battterys, how long after paying for the battery did you receive it to your door?

Thanks,
BLK ICE
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
DogoZX

Expert Class
posted January 29, 2011 07:23 PM        
quote:
How has the '18' battery perfomed @ dragtrack in a zx14, the off and on to check this and that, sitting in stage line too long etc.

Thanks to all for this infomation. See, sometimes a old question can have a
new answer.

Sincerely,
BLK ICE

Wish I could help, but I don't race... and even if I did, I'm in Washington and the tracks are closed.

These batts are brand new on the market and the best evidence I've seen that they would do ok at what you are taking about is the Triumph vid. The real tests will be performed at the race track for sure.

Ignore this member   
DogoZX

Expert Class
posted January 29, 2011 07:27 PM        
quote:
To the Guys here that have one these battterys, how long after paying for the battery did you receive it to your door?

Thanks,
BLK ICE

About a week to travel from coast to coast... if time is of the essence, I'd just order from whoever has in stock and is closest to your location. I've seen a few guys selling these on ebay already.... just FYI.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted February 08, 2011 04:14 PM        
Q. I hear that lithium crank poorly when it gets cold, is that right?A.Lithium do increase in resistance more as temperature drops, compared to lead-acid. However, they also react to cranking under cold conditions in a much better way. Lead-acid will increase resistance on each subsequent cranking attempt, until it won’t turn over. If your LFX fails to start the engine on first crank, that first crank has warmed the battery, and the second attempt will be much stronger, and so on until you get a good start.

quote:
Shorai LFX are much better in cold-weather conditions than other-brand litium starter batteries, due to our eXtreme-rate foumulation with low resistance. Down to about 20 degrees fahrenheit (-7C) most users find that they can start normally on first crank. If your headlight comes on at key-ON, it is good for the batteries to flow some current before cranking in cold weather. The suggested headlight-on time before cranking depends on the temperature. If starting at 40f (5C), 30 seconds will help wake the battery and increase cranking performance. If at 0f (-17C), leave the lights on for 4~5 minutes before cranking. The result will be a better first crank, and longer battery life. Any other accessories that can be turned on before cranking can also be used for this purpose, such as heated gear, radio, etc...

These batteries look to be very nice, and a bargain. I will be trying one soon.

Shane

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted February 08, 2011 04:33 PM        
+1, I am going to order one this month. That plus the few things this winter will add up to a nice little weight savings.

Ignore this member   
GREYHOUNDMOSES

Expert Class
posted February 09, 2011 08:51 AM        
quote:
To the Guys here that have one these battterys, how long after paying for the battery did you receive it to your door

Mine arrived Saturday. Eleven days transatlantic. Happy with That!

Ignore this member   
-BICEP-

Novice Class
posted February 09, 2011 09:38 AM        
4 days to Niagara Falls, NY. LOVE THE BATTERY! UNREAL!

VERY happy! Now all I need is F#%*in SPRING TO COME!

Ignore this member   
Rook

Pro
posted February 09, 2011 11:50 AM        Edited By: Rook on 9 Feb 2011 18:55
quote:

These batteries look to be very nice, and a bargain. I will be trying one soon.

Shane

Seems as though any of the forum hounds I am following on the Shorai threads are ordering from Superbike Supply. Nice outfit but look close at the price of Shorais. The bargain deal is on the 18 AH (only $90). The small A2 14 AH is 1/2 pound lighter but you find out they are asking $49 more for it when you put the item in your cart.

If anyone wants the ultimate in streetable lightweight, you are paying pretty close to MSRP. Free shipping from Superbike Supply though.

Ignore this member   
Rook

Pro
posted February 09, 2011 07:27 PM        Edited By: Rook on 10 Feb 2011 02:29
^^^^wrong. The really good deal is on the 6V 18Ah battery and no one will be using that in their bike. I have the 14A2 on order. $139 Superbike Supply.
  Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted February 09, 2011 07:39 PM        
I lowered my compression to 10.3:1 from 12:1. Could I get away with a smaller, less powerful battery? If so, which one....... all this electrical talk makes my head spin......
  Ignore this member   
Rook

Pro
posted February 09, 2011 10:17 PM        Edited By: Rook on 10 Feb 2011 05:23
quote:
I lowered my compression to 10.3:1 from 12:1. Could I get away with a smaller, less powerful battery? If so, which one....... all this electrical talk makes my head spin......

The smallest 12V Shorai is a 7 AH that weighs 1.1 lbs. Who knows if that would turn your motor more than 2-3 times before it ran too low on juice to crank. Also not going to last as long. If you race, maybe that would be a good way to go but you would want a bmore reliable backup for the street, I think.

I just bought the LFX14A2 and it weighs only 8 oz more than the 7 amp which is the smallest battery Shorai makes. Probably used to run trolling motors and such.

the 12 amp might work for you but it only weighs .1 lb less than my battery so weight dif is pretty much negligible.

The 9 amp is .25 lb lighter than mine. A quarter pound wouldn't persuade me but for a serious racer, maybe.?? Still don't know that it would be very reliable for cold starts or that 1start in 50 that takes 4 rev instead of 2 or 3.
http://www.shoraipower.com/c-1-batteries.aspx

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: who has the best lite weight battery price? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.633165836334 seconds processing time