HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: CLASH OF THE TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
bbirdxx2000

Expert Class
posted December 19, 2010 02:34 PM        
CLASH OF THE TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my bud got into a heated discusion last nite so I thought I would share this.

Who is the better dragracer, or who would win???

Ricky Gadson or Pee Wee Gleason??
now the race both riders are on Identical bikes at the same track at the same time. I mean Identical stock. right down to within an ounce of gas and within a pound or air pressure in the tires

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted December 19, 2010 03:24 PM        
If it were on stone stock bikes i would give it to Jay Gleason .. I have seen Jay jump on a bike that he has neven seen before and go stupid fast ... I know Ricky is fast but he out weights Jay by 40 pounds+ ..

Ignore this member   
Quarter Pounder

Pro
with Cheese
posted December 19, 2010 05:36 PM        
yep...Peewee all the way. Dude has some mad riding skills that are beyond mere mortals. Plus he only weighs what? About 54lbs? LOL
1.53 60'

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted December 19, 2010 05:42 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 20 Dec 2010 00:43
Yeah, stock bike without competition in the other lane...Jay. Outside of that, it is no race. Gadson all the way....

Gadson is way more skilled and experienced overall...it is not even up for debate. In fact, outside of stock bikes, Gleason has about zero "cred" as far as I know...

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted December 19, 2010 05:48 PM        
quote:
Yeah, stock bike without competition in the other lane...Jay. Outside of that, it is no race. Gadson all the way....

Gadson is way more skilled and experienced overall...it is not even up for debate. In fact, outside of stock bikes, Gleason has about zero "cred" as far as I know...
Then you better look in to Jays history because you are missing a lot ... He is 54 years old and has been a pro rider for most of it .. He was Ricky Gadson before Ricky Gadson was born

Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted December 19, 2010 06:20 PM        
quote:

Pee Wee was before your time that's why you don't know :-) It's what you learn after you think you know it all that "Really" counts. j/k with you Shane :-) He raced a lot of skilled riders "In The Other Lane" when you were still in diapers. I am not being mean just calling like I saw it back then. He beat a lot of guys that is how he got to be "The Man" when a new "This Is The Fastest Bike" came out every year.

Happy Holidays
Louis

Ignore this member   
kaw-rick

Pro
posted December 19, 2010 06:28 PM        
Wouldnt it suck to get beat by a guy named pee-wee. im just saying.
  Ignore this member   
IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted December 19, 2010 06:40 PM        
YEP PEE WEE is the man
  Ignore this member   
Cutback

Expert Class
posted December 19, 2010 06:54 PM        
Ricky Gadson or Pee Wee Gleason??
now the race both riders are on Identical bikes at the same track at the same time. I mean Identical stock. right down to within an ounce of gas and within a pound or air pressure in the tires

Gleason, giving credit to both, for the great racers they are. Gleason has Gadson covered on weight alone.

Ignore this member   
LeonidasZX14

Pro
posted December 19, 2010 08:16 PM        
Well if Pee Wee was great what is he now? I have never even heard of the guy...I mean Brett Favre used to be great too. Gadson is a stud!!! He laid down better numbers than most of the other guys on the SWB challenge and he out weighs them all by 20lbs.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted December 19, 2010 08:20 PM        
haters

wee

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted December 19, 2010 08:34 PM        
quote:
Well if Pee Wee was great what is he now? I have never even heard of the guy...I mean Brett Favre used to be great too. Gadson is a stud!!! He laid down better numbers than most of the other guys on the SWB challenge and he out weighs them all by 20lbs.
He is 54 and retired from his racing days .. He raced in the 70s and 80s top fuel funny bike as well as prostock .. He doesn't ride much anymore but he still has it ...I had more than a few runs on Bobs Vmax and ran the best of an 9.84 .. Jay jumped on it ( never rode it before and ran 9.74 ) The man can ride .. I'm not saying he can ride better than Gadson on any bike but on a stock bike he is bad assed .. It would be a good race for sure ..

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted December 20, 2010 02:46 AM        Edited By: Shane661 on 20 Dec 2010 09:55
quote:
quote:

Then you better look in to Jays history because you are missing a lot ... He is 54 years old and has been a pro rider for most of it .. He was Ricky Gadson before Ricky Gadson was born

I didn't start following Gleason until the mid 80's....I can't imagine that he would be able to run with Gafson on modern machinery of so many different configurations?

It is sort of like Sammy Baugh vs. Peyton Manning argument, in that respect...

Maybe he just got most of his magazine coverage on stock machines, as a hired gun. Did he win Championships in his day?

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted December 20, 2010 04:16 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

I didn't start following Gleason until the mid 80's....I can't imagine that he would be able to run with Gafson on modern machinery of so many different configurations?

It is sort of like Sammy Baugh vs. Peyton Manning argument, in that respect...

Maybe he just got most of his magazine coverage on stock machines, as a hired gun. Did he win Championships in his day?

aging Gleason can still race aging sports players can't play, not the same comparison

wee

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted December 20, 2010 04:17 AM        
haters of age lol

wee

Ignore this member   
Hellmutt

Needs a job
selling bridges to immigrants
posted December 20, 2010 05:27 AM        
Is there such a thing as "age racism"? Why hate on "near-deads"? HEY! Old people need love too damnit!!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Hellmutt's homepage. 
MJ

Zone Head
posted December 20, 2010 06:39 AM        
"Near deads"? Cold Hellmutt cold
  Ignore this member   
Hellmutt

Needs a job
selling bridges to immigrants
posted December 20, 2010 06:56 AM        
Sorry MJ, sometimes I can be a bit too blunt huh........but my point came straight across right?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Hellmutt's homepage. 
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted December 20, 2010 07:15 AM        
Watch the old guy stuff ... Just so happens Jay and myself are the same age 54 .. In fact we were both born in July 1956 in L.A .. And lived in the same town for many years .. We both move to FL in 1980 ..But i never met him untill he tested the new Vmax ...

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted December 20, 2010 08:07 AM        

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted December 20, 2010 08:10 AM        
quote:
Watch the old guy stuff ... Just so happens Jay and myself are the same age 54 .. In fact we were both born in July 1956 in L.A .. And lived in the same town for many years .. We both move to FL in 1980 ..But i never met him untill he tested the new Vmax ...

That is really the great thing about this sport...age is not a barrier like in athletics. A lot of guys just get faster as they age. It is the same way in LSR. There are some very fast riders in their 60's and beyond.

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted December 20, 2010 08:19 AM        
quote:
quote:

That is really the great thing about this sport...age is not a barrier like in athletics. A lot of guys just get faster as they age. It is the same way in LSR. There are some very fast riders in their 60's and beyond.
I hope in my case that is true .. I would like to be racing bikes in my 70s if i can , if not i will switch back to cars ..

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted December 20, 2010 08:47 AM        Edited By: Shane661 on 20 Dec 2010 15:47
A couple of years ago a guy showed up to Maxton on a BMW K1300 (or whatever their big bike is, lol)...he wanted to break 170 after just turning 70...and he did it. I saw him at the track plenty after that...and he was getting faster.
  Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted December 20, 2010 09:03 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

I hope in my case that is true .. I would like to be racing bikes in my 70s if i can , if not i will switch back to cars ..

Me too......... my rotator cup is still hurting me every time I ride the ZX-14 hard. Will have a MRI after Christmas. Xray did not show anything wrong except I am 60 now. If I have to sell all the bikes my old Corvette will get a lot bigger engine :-)

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted December 20, 2010 09:25 AM        
I am 30, and I have had shoulder surgery once and the Navy doctors "Fixed" it, but I have had problems with it every since. Now I just dislocated it again. Now it pops just about every time I move it to the tune of excruciating pain. I have an appointment with an orthopedic doc tomorrow to see if i have to have surgery again. I hate to see it in 20 or 30 years.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: CLASH OF THE TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.828744888306 seconds processing time