HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: time for oil change? nvm NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
bigblue14

Parking Attendant
posted September 09, 2010 10:52 AM        Edited By: bigblue14 on 9 Sep 2010 19:01
time for oil change? nvm

nvm

Ignore this member   
VTRex

Parking Attendant
posted September 09, 2010 11:35 AM        
quote:
I cant find my owners manual. Ive got 1850 miles on the bike i had the oil changed at the recommended interval done at the dealership at 600 miles. Should I do the oil change at 2000 or 2500. Am I fine to switch over to full synthetic or wait until 5000 miles. im going to use mobil 1 for the full synthetic. If i should switch to synthetic yet what oil would you recommend. thanks

Uh oh! I see this one coming...

Ignore this member   
bigblue14

Parking Attendant
posted September 09, 2010 12:00 PM        
nvm i dont want to be that newb lol sorry guys im just getting different ideas seems to be w/e you want.
  Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted September 09, 2010 03:19 PM        
Welcome bigblue14, you are good to switch to full sythentic, intervals are up to you but I change my oil approximately every 2k with full snythetic which some may say is overkill. I have ran Royal Purple MC, Amsoil MC, and I currently changed the oil with Mobil 1 4T MC 10w40 full synthentic but brands are also personal preference. I'm just over 10k miles now.

Ignore this member   
bigblue14

Parking Attendant
posted September 09, 2010 10:18 PM        
thanks appreciate it I think im going to change oil at 2500 miles once I get there. I just wasnt sure if it is too early to switch to full synthetic.
  Ignore this member   
zx14fan

Zone Head
posted September 09, 2010 10:48 PM        
your good.Many cars and bikes come from the factory with full synth.the new vette comes with mobil 1 from the factory.Its old school thinking that you need to break in your bike with standard base oil the change over to full synth.I have talked with mobil one twice about this thought and they can explain to you why this is not the case.Hope that helps a little.
  Ignore this member   
bigblue14

Parking Attendant
posted September 09, 2010 11:15 PM        
yeah i just want to make sure i get everything right thanks for the replys im going to use mobil 1. thanks again
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: time for oil change? nvm NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.59749007225 seconds processing time