HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 008 slick??? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
tnt

Expert Class
posted September 15, 2010 06:55 PM        
quote:
quote:
if im gonna ride around a lil on street which will last lomger the hook up or 008 slcik? and is it true the hook up tire hooks just as good or better than the slick plus weighs less
it hooks better than a slick? maybe TNT can chime in on that,

wee
Yeah , I bit on that Hook Up tire thing ,Hook , Line , and Sinker ! Fought with the damn thing for two months , and if a track is good it works , but if thye track is not really prepped well , the Hook Up is a piece of crap , and if you try and run it on the street good luck ! I do not street race , ever , but I have tested the tire on a backroad or two , and , piece of crap ! I finally gave up on it and got the 008 slick and now I can finally depend on hooking and my bike is thankfull that it has run a 5.75 on the very track that is NOTORIOUS for not hooking! ( I sure hope all those other guys that run the Hookup keeps running them , cause the more they spray , the better my bike looks !) Life is Like a Box of Chocholates -----------

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted September 15, 2010 08:12 PM        
Guys i have talked to said the Hook up is crap and will never buy one again ..

Ignore this member   
c-low

Novice Class
posted September 22, 2010 10:55 AM        
does the 008 last longer due to minimal burnouts to make it hook
  Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted September 22, 2010 11:25 AM        
quote:
does the 008 last longer due to minimal burnouts to make it hook

I believe the slicks have a lot of physical rubber on them. If they had grooves, they'd be very deep. My pirelli slick has lasted a long time as far as I'm concerned. One whole season, and probably 110 passes or so with a burnout EVERY single time down the track.

Ignore this member   
01smokes

Needs a job
posted November 16, 2010 09:01 PM        
little update, the slick is working damn good had it as high as 35psi on the track and hooks at 20psi on the street it doesnt look like its wearing at all looks great still

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
01smokes

Needs a job
posted November 16, 2010 09:02 PM        
oh the bike is SWB as well just slammed, i just got a arm for it ill see what it does at 68" soon

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted November 16, 2010 09:06 PM        
quote:
Guys i have talked to said the Hook up is crap and will never buy one again ..

We have three bikes running the hook up and they all love it. no issues at all. everyone else will be spinning and they hook running 18 psi. we went for 160 mile back rode ride last weekend with temps in the 40's and my buddy was hooking on the street at 63 inches.

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted November 16, 2010 09:20 PM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 17 Nov 2010 04:24
Just reinstalled my 008 slick ..Setting at about 68 inches and using 20+ psi the 008 dead hooks !!! I think i can go up to 24 psi or higher and still hook ..Teddy is running 24 PSI and it only needs a tiny burnout to work .. The damn 008 lasts forever unlike the hook up and ulta soft ..We have guys that have run them for 2 years and they run every week year round ..

Ignore this member   
01smokes

Needs a job
posted November 16, 2010 09:48 PM        Edited By: 01smokes on 17 Nov 2010 04:52
oh also the my 60' times are in the low mid 1.5s best has been a 1.52 average is a 1.54 SWB hoping to get in the high 1.3s 68" with some gas

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted November 16, 2010 10:24 PM        
quote:
Just reinstalled my 008 slick ..Setting at about 68 inches and using 20+ psi the 008 dead hooks !!! I think i can go up to 24 psi or higher and still hook ..Teddy is running 24 PSI and it only needs a tiny burnout to work .. The damn 008 lasts forever unlike the hook up and ulta soft ..We have guys that have run them for 2 years and they run every week year round ..

Interesting. I was considering just getting an M/T 7" flat slick so I never have to worry about traction. How is the prep at your local track? Do you think your current setup would hook with 250whp? My local track doesn't have too much prep on fri night test n tunes (which is my fav night to race), and I'm wondering if I can get away with a 008 or power race tire. I doubt either will hook at my track but I'm curious about your input because I want my bike to sit at 68". Which are are you now using, and how many inches over is it? I want my bike to be right at 68".

Sorry... that was a long and confusing post.

Ignore this member   
01smokes

Needs a job
posted November 16, 2010 10:32 PM        
quote:
quote:

Interesting. I was considering just getting an M/T 7" flat slick so I never have to worry about traction. How is the prep at your local track? Do you think your current setup would hook with 250whp? My local track doesn't have too much prep on fri night test n tunes (which is my fav night to race), and I'm wondering if I can get away with a 008 or power race tire. I doubt either will hook at my track but I'm curious about your input because I want my bike to sit at 68". Which are are you now using, and how many inches over is it? I want my bike to be right at 68".

Sorry... that was a long and confusing post.

you will have no problem with this tire at all

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 008 slick??? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.657513856888 seconds processing time