HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Final Mods NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
epd345

Pro
posted August 05, 2010 10:16 PM        
Final Mods

Well I have had the 14 now for a little over 2 trouble free years and have pretty much changed everything but kept it stock height and SWB. Put a Zero gravity double bubble on today and the throttlemeister cruise control. Also did a Muzzy Fender eliminator and picked up the single saddle Sargent Seat and CTS Moto revolution front Rotors. Think I am pretty much done for now!

Ignore this member   
Dark14

Novice Class
posted August 05, 2010 10:58 PM        
nice bike

where did you get your center stand? do you now how the fitment would be with stock exhaust? does it get in the way with the kickstand any?

Ignore this member   
zx14fan

Zone Head
posted August 05, 2010 10:59 PM        
345 what kind of wheels do you have?Im not sure from the pics but they dont look stock.
  Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted August 05, 2010 11:12 PM        
Dark the center stand came from a local kawi dealer. It will fit great with stock exhaust. Kick stand is still completely usable.

The wheels are Carrozzeria forged alum. The stock ones that come on the white SE are red which I didn't care for the look.

Ignore this member   
Quarter Pounder

Pro
with Cheese
posted August 06, 2010 06:43 AM        
nice!!! Love the white SE!

I don't care for my red wheels on my 08 SE either. Might just have to remedy that. Your black wheels look great on there. Whole bike has a completly different look to it.
1.53 60'

Ignore this member   
oilfieldtrash

Zone Head
Kawasaki enthusiast
posted August 06, 2010 08:22 AM        
Lies. The mods are never done.

Sweet bike. What'd pay for the wheels and where'd you buy them?

Ignore this member   
68gts2

Zone Head
hobbies ( Beating you !!! )
posted August 06, 2010 08:29 AM        
I had to do away with the red wheels on my 08 se for the same reason. Its amazing how changing wheel colors transforms the se's appearance.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit 68gts2's homepage. 
Superman T

Pro
posted August 06, 2010 10:02 AM        
Looks nice!
  Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted August 06, 2010 11:03 AM        
Looks great! Notice any change in brake performance with the rotors?
The seat looks ideal for shorter people , I was always sliding back too far.
Yup I'm really digging the SE's with different coclor wheels.

Ignore this member   
SLVR_BLT

Zone Head
Chicken Strips!
posted August 06, 2010 02:47 PM        
I like the way that seat looks with the cowl on, does it sit lower then the stock one or any other difference?

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted August 06, 2010 03:47 PM        
Dubuious the initial bite isn't as hard as the stockers but overall stopping distance is probably equal overall. They do clamp hard. I am easily able to lock up the front enough to get a squeal out of it at will. They also seem to be improving with mileage. The seat is equal height to the stocker but it does have a nice lip to stop you from sliding back. They do make a low version also. Much flatter and a little wider than stock which is what I like. Awesome customer service also from Sargent. The seat did take 2 weeks to get as they are made to order.

Oilfield I got those wheels off ebay, but they came directly from Carrozzeria. I paid just under 1300 shipped for the pair which I thought was a great deal!

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted August 06, 2010 03:48 PM        
Dubuious the initial bite isn't as hard as the stockers but overall stopping distance is probably equal overall. They do clamp hard. I am easily able to lock up the front enough to get a squeal out of it at will. They also seem to be improving with mileage. The seat is equal height to the stocker but it does have a nice lip to stop you from sliding back. They do make a low version also. Much flatter and a little wider than stock which is what I like. Awesome customer service also from Sargent. The seat did take 2 weeks to get as they are made to order.

Oilfield I got those wheels off ebay, but they came directly from Carrozzeria. I paid just under 1300 shipped for the pair which I thought was a great deal!

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Final Mods NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.631567955017 seconds processing time