HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: OMG Shortmeg is here!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
rich s

OMG Shortmeg is here!!

Holy crap is that loud!! I love the look and the sound I will get used to. I am surprised how loud it is while driving. Pics to come shortly!!

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted August 12, 2009 12:34 PM        
Have fun and HOLD ON its gonna pull hard!
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted August 12, 2009 06:06 PM        
Great Pipe, But if you street ride a lot it is hard on the ears.
  Ignore this member   
pazx14rider

Zone Head
posted August 12, 2009 06:12 PM        
quote:
Great Pipe, But if you street ride a lot it is hard on the ears.

Music to my ears!

Ignore this member   
rich s

Well, I rode quite a bite today after getting the pipe. I LOVE the looks of it as I don't think there is a nicer looking pipe on the market. The sound is so deep and low and friggin awesome but extremely loud. I am getting used to it I wish they would have taken a picture of me when they first started it up, it was a similar feeling to the first time I opened her up in 1st gear. I tell you all I just fell in love with this bike all over again.

Bad news is the rear tire is down the to metal and won't be ridden until the new tires arrive hopefully Friday. I did leave it at work so I will post pics tomorrow morning. The dual exhaust looks wicked from behind. Thanks again for all the help especially to you Pazx14!!!

Ignore this member   
JR

Expert Class
drag racing
posted August 12, 2009 07:12 PM        
yeah a freind of mines got one to its loud! i love it cant wait to get one
sliders, full 2brother exhaust.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit JR's homepage. 
rich s

posted August 13, 2009 05:11 AM        Edited By: rich s on 13 Aug 2009 13:12

I know, I need a fender eliminator

Ignore this member   
Superman T

Pro
posted August 13, 2009 06:12 AM        
rich s- Looks nice!!! If Brock's provided this when i bought my system years ago, I would've optioned for the dual look instead of 4-1 but I'm happy with my full system but I think duals on a big bore bike fits the size....
  Ignore this member   
masszx14

Pro
A mind beside itself!
posted August 13, 2009 06:20 AM        
Looks good but as Brock has said it many times- his exhausts make the hp gains
mainly due to the header design and improved flow.

I doubt he would even sell slip ons if it wasn't the business aspect of providing wider and more affordable range of products.

Ignore this member   
rich s

Under different circumstances I would have opted to go with the full system. Money is tight and I did not want to spend the extra for the full system plus a PC right now. I have not been to the drag strip ever but do plan a dabbling a bit but not to the extent of the rest of you. IMO the duals just look better then the single as well.

My buddy just took the bike for a ride. He has only owned cruisers. This gave me a chance to hear what it sounds like off the bike. Not nearly as loud off as it is on which I am very happy about. Still enough to easily wake the neighbors if I want

BTW when he came back he was shaking and all he said was "OMG". We might have the next 14 owner here shortly.

Ignore this member   
pazx14rider

Zone Head
posted August 13, 2009 07:02 AM        Edited By: pazx14rider on 13 Aug 2009 15:03
Hey rich did you ever ask Brocks if down the road you wanted to get the header and midpipe if you could purchase them since you now have the tips?
By the the looks good!! now go get those grills done.

Ignore this member   
rich s

I did not and was wondering that myself. I have an ever growing list of things I will be doing next spring and the grills are one of them!
  Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted August 13, 2009 07:54 AM        
NICE!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: OMG Shortmeg is here!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.37709403038025 seconds processing time