HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Fun Bike Center in Lakeland FL Sucks NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Fifty Thousand

Expert Class
Lovin My Family.
posted August 12, 2009 09:15 AM        
Fun Bike Center in Lakeland FL Sucks

My father recently bought a 2007 VTX from Funbike Center. About 1 1/2 weeks ago. They told him that the title and tag fee would be about $85. Well after a week or so he receives the title and decal in the mail, along with a $36 credit slip. Today we go to FunBike to pick up some oil and a filter. The oil and filter total was 22.18 or close to it. He handed the guy behind the parts counter the credit slip. He asked for another credit slip for about $13 dollars. The Guy behind the parts counter says OH NO! We cant do that but, we will trade you even..... At this point I was across the store looking at tires. My father walks over to me and states he wants to see a manager ASAP. As we are walking towards the front counter he explains the whole mess to me. Some employee which of whom I will refrain from using foul language approaches us on a little scooter (Like a little rascal). He rolls up, and hears the story, then asks what is the problem. After hearing the story he cant understand why there is an issue. I try to explain it to him again. He thens sys that no change or change/credit could or would be issued. And attempts to tell me how he doesn't like my attitude. At that point I erupted saying a few things out of the ordinary about him and his ass beating he was inline to receive. So I walk outside and try to cool off. The sales women who sold the bike to my father steps out and apologizes for this guys attitude. Saying that multiple customers complain about him and blah blah blah. In the end they have lost 2 lifelong customers for good.

I have personaly bought 5 Motorcycles from FBC
My father is riding his 14th from FBC.
I currently own 7 helments from FBC, and have bought about 12 over the years.
My father, who knows how many.
Every part/ maintenence part Ive used and my father too have come from FBC.
My wife owns just about every FOX,A*,Icon shirt they have ever sold.
Not to mention Jackets, gloves, and boots.

I never minded paying a little more to support the "local" dealership. It's safe to say that I will never spend another penny of mine or my wifes money again in there.

ALL OF THIS OVER $13 fucking dollars!!!!!!!!!!! I hope dude in the wheelchair heels his foot soon, real SOON.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted August 12, 2009 10:31 AM        
With all of the apparently positive experiences you've had with this place, I wouldn't let one bad one ruin it for you. Maybe you should talk with the store manager and give that person a chance to remedy the situation in some way?

Ignore this member   
kawasakijockey

Pro
posted August 12, 2009 10:38 AM        
quote:
ALL OF THIS OVER $13 fucking dollars!!!!!!!!!!!
They could have been saying the exact same thing watching you leave.
9.03 @ 149mph
8.95 @153 small shot n2o
8.68 @160mph 5lbs boost

Ignore this member   
Fifty Thousand

Expert Class
Lovin My Family.
posted August 12, 2009 12:03 PM        
Its not about the 13 bucks. honestly. Its the principial that everyone knows its like 36.10 for a decal around here. Why they had to charge 85 IDK. Well I do know, that way to indirectly make someone spend the money there. It was 22 dollars worth of oil, they wanted to trade even for a 36 dollar credit..... Sorry but I dont like getting fucked, regardless of the amount.

Its funny he traded a 08 Concours 14 for a 2007 VTX and they expected him pay 1500 extra. LOL needless to say he didnt, but again its the principial. I understand businesses are around to make money. But must they make the WHOLE rent check off of 1 customers. A repeat mulitple customer at that

Ignore this member   
gsxrassassin

Expert Class
posted August 12, 2009 01:25 PM        
I can honestly say I would have been a little upset about that too. The only thing to do in that instance is run up a tab right to the amount of the credit (or as close as you can get - even if you go a few cents over). That way you use the entire credit so they don't really pocket any of the money for nothing.

I probably would go back but I can understand your frustration with the situation.

GSXR

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted August 12, 2009 01:39 PM        
a credit is a credit you get the ENTIRE AMOUNT. i don't have any tolerances for rip -offs. you know i am a good tipper but if the waitress asks me if i need the change back she did the wrong thing. bring me my change and let me decide what the tip will be. if i have a credit coming to me i want it all not part of it. i agree with why you were pissed, especially the way you were treated after being one of their BEST customers.
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted August 12, 2009 01:53 PM        
I'm one to show my ass about that too. I know some places are like that, and the only thing to do would have been to buy some extra oil for the next oil change and use all your credit up. It sad when there's people that work for businesses like that and they don't honestly care if you walk or come back...

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted August 12, 2009 02:10 PM        
I've been here a lot of bad mo-jo about Fun Bike Center in Lakeland FL.

Post your "customer experience" up on local TSB too-
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Luuk

Novice Class
posted August 12, 2009 03:20 PM        
I don't shop there because their prices are ridiculously high.

I'm all about supporting the local dealerships, but I've OFTEN found it's cheaper to drive an hour away to save a few hundred dollars on a bike instead of buying it from FBC.

Ignore this member   
MJ

Zone Head
posted August 12, 2009 03:42 PM        
I don't deal with dealerships except for the bike purchase. I get all my parts online and do all my own work. IMO its the only way to fly
  Ignore this member   
14nooby

Zone Head
posted August 12, 2009 03:51 PM        
Dude,
I am a Florida guy and in a very similar occupation. I would contact the owner (most owners of motorcycle shops work in the store) I promise he will fix the issue. Be sure that when you speak to the owner use a calm voice and don't swear. You will be surprised at your results.....................If this does not work then give them the boot. Don't cast judgement on the business over some $8.00 an hour dick.

Ignore this member   
Fifty Thousand

Expert Class
Lovin My Family.
posted August 13, 2009 05:52 AM        
Steve I thought about it. Griff asked that I contact Nick First. So I guess you have to call the owners son whenever you wanna buy something there. Im contacting nobody there motherfuck'em

Ignore this member   
Superman T

Pro
posted August 13, 2009 06:52 AM        
Fifty Thousand- Man that sucks!! But sometimes there's policy's involved and the employees can totally disagree with them but instructed to enforce them or their job will be terminated. Factor in that you are dealing with humans and maybe you have made some regretful decisions looking back at the consequences(hind sight=20/20 vision). If you have spent so much time/money there, you have valued the treatment and prices to return. Maybe take some time and approach this situation with a manager to see if he/she can rectify the situation/inconvenience. If it was your business, you would trust that your employees would mimic your elite level of service but the reality is they may fail at times. This is one of the core reasons why they're employee hand books on conduct guidelines, termination clauses, etc... No one likes to be treated that way but maybe give them just one chance... I'm sure you would want an opportunity to make correct a fault. Just a thought

Ignore this member   
Fifty Thousand

Expert Class
Lovin My Family.
posted August 13, 2009 07:56 AM        
I understand where your coming from. But the head guy was unavaible so they sent me the floor manager. The guy in the rascal. His attitude is really what made me go ape shit. He said he would call teh police if I didnt stop being rude to him. LOL I told him I would break his jaw then hand him the phone...

I admit I over reacted, kinda like a young guy my age (25) would have. I felt disrespected and was ready at the drop of a dime to kick over a bike or smack the shit outta someone. Thats why I just left and refused any further business.

P.S. I got a $36 credit I will sell to someone for $13....LOL the irony in that 1

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Fun Bike Center in Lakeland FL Sucks NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.627635002136 seconds processing time